GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who needs "The Monster" when we have Robin "Real Estate" Lehner!

+21
sens4win
Bramlet07
Riprock
ddt
Hoags
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
Sens19
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
SensGirl11
Jordo
wprager
PTFlea
SensFan71
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
beerandsens
shabbs
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Lehner and Cowen should both dominate their respective leagues.

Cowen ran the show in the WHL at 16. It's almost unimaginable to think what he could accomplish two years later with no draft to worry about and a virtually assured spot on the 2010-2011 Senators.

Man...that is scary about Cowen.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:Lehner and Cowen should both dominate their respective leagues.

Cowen ran the show in the WHL at 16. It's almost unimaginable to think what he could accomplish two years later with no draft to worry about and a virtually assured spot on the 2010-2011 Senators.

Man...that is scary about Cowen.

speaks really good for the Junior team, provided Cowen is going to play for them this December (and I wouldn't see why not)

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
speaks really good for the Junior team, provided Cowen is going to play for them this December (and I wouldn't see why not)

If there ever was a lock for that team, it's Cowen. Now, hopefully Wiercioch can join him. FingersCrossed

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dung, Lehner has the H9N1 virus - confirmed.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2162226

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Dung, Lehner has the H9N1 virus - confirmed.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2162226

Wow, that's horrible! The H1N1 is bad enough. This H9N1 must be, like nine times worse!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Actually, H9N1 is a real strain.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Actually, H9N1 is a real strain.

But not the one listed in the article.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sorry, my bad, it was the H1N1 obviously, NOT the H9N1. Facepalm

Uh...so Lehner got his first career OHL shutout tonight. Stopped 27 shots in a 7-0 victory. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Robbin' Lehner.

EDIT: Yes, this is fluff Who needs "The Monster" when we have Robin "Real Estate" Lehner! - Page 2 270956

But seriously, good on him. And 27 shots is a nicer number to have to face than some totals we've seen this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent. Hope he likes how that feels and wants more.

So, realistically, does he skip the AHL next year? I don't think he needs any more "maturing" physically, and as a backup he does not need to be able to handle playing 65+ games in a season. If he skips the AHL, whom do we move?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Sorry, my bad, it was the H1N1 obviously, NOT the H9N1. Facepalm

Uh...so Lehner got his first career OHL shutout tonight. Stopped 27 shots in a 7-0 victory. Ahhhhh!
Beauty.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure he'll skip the AHL but I'm pretty sure he'll be in the NHL in 2 years or less.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Does anybody else think it's funny that Gustavsson is touted as being "the Monster" and so huge, when just about every other goalie in the league is the same size (or an inch shorter). I'm pretty sure the average height of goalies in the league is somewhere between 6'1 and 6'2, and Gustavsson is 6'3, 192. What's even funnier, is the fact that Justin Pogge- one they just got rid of, was the same size.

Perhaps even funnier, is the fact that we've got Lehner, who is 6'4, 220 lbs. Man, THAT guy is a monster. REAL ESTATE is such a great nick name for the guy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Excellent. Hope he likes how that feels and wants more.

So, realistically, does he skip the AHL next year? I don't think he needs any more "maturing" physically, and as a backup he does not need to be able to handle playing 65+ games in a season. If he skips the AHL, whom do we move?

I don't think so Prags. I think he spends the entire year next year in Bingo - hopefully leading them to the playoffs and hopefully playing well.

The big question is: does he play a 2nd year in Bingo, or does he come up to Ottawa to back-up (and probably challenge for starter)?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner may turn out to be our best pick in a long time. Better than Karlsson, even.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Lehner may turn out to be our best pick in a long time. Better than Karlsson, even.

He might be the top prospect we have aside from Cowen. And he might even be more valuable because of the position he plays.

Fingers crossed as usual. Ahhhhh!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yay Lehner!!! I'm sooooo excited about him, I can't wait to see him in Sens colors.

Is he back from the flu yet?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Yay Lehner!!! I'm sooooo excited about him, I can't wait to see him in Sens colors.

Is he back from the flu yet?

Uh...yeah, he got a shutout last night. Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum