GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who needs "The Monster" when we have Robin "Real Estate" Lehner!

+21
sens4win
Bramlet07
Riprock
ddt
Hoags
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
Sens19
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
SensGirl11
Jordo
wprager
PTFlea
SensFan71
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
beerandsens
shabbs
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:Gryba scored that game too. Impressive feat for a defensive defenseman, in just his fourth game.

Gryba has some nice numbers in his short stint there. Lehner's at 2-0 in 2 games, but his SV% is not great. You can't really argue with a winning record, though.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Gryba scored that game too. Impressive feat for a defensive defenseman, in just his fourth game.

Gryba has some nice numbers in his short stint there. Lehner's at 2-0 in 2 games, but his SV% is not great. You can't really argue with a winning record, though.

His first game skewed his stats a bit. But his last game was against a playoff bound Baby Pens where he stopped 31 of 32 shots. Yeah donkey!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he was 2nd star last game. The first game really messed his stats up when the B-Sens just stopped caring.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Lehner's on his way to Ottawa today.

Pardon?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:

Pardon?

As part of the "Black Aces" most likely right?

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I would assume so. I pm'ed him to find out for sure, but he's definitely in Ottawa.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I would assume so. I pm'ed him to find out for sure, but he's definitely in Ottawa.

pm'd? Did you mean email?

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Facebook

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Pardon?

black aces?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Pardon?

black aces?

When the regular season ends you can expand your roster to as large as you want because there are no cap implications. Teams call up players from the minors to skate and practice on their own in case of injuries and those guys are affectionately know as the black aces.

- Unknown Author

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

holy crap we have brodeur and Lehner sitting as back up for leclaire and elliot i hope we dont have to use both of them

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree but that's the same situation for all teams. If they lose their starter and backup they're done.

It'll be nice for these new guys to get a taste of what life will be like in the playoffs even though they'll practice separately from the main squad.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Pardon?

black aces?

When the regular season ends you can expand your roster to as large as you want because there are no cap implications. Teams call up players from the minors to skate and practice on their own in case of injuries and those guys are affectionately know as the black aces.

I have no affection for these turkeys.

All hail Andy Sutton.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:All hail Andy Sutton.
Andy "Destroyer Of Penguins" Sutton.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Out of curiosity, does Sutton play the Pens well? He must have seen a lot of them being an Isle? I'm a tad nervous because of the shiftiness of guys like Crosby and Malkin vs the big destroyer Sutton. I think they can out manoeuvre him sometimes, which could be costly.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think one of them will get a healthy dose of Philchenkov while the other gets a serving of Karlttun

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

I think we need Dash to do up a Yeti (the flashy penguin whacker) with #5.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

This just in: Lehner 2010 = Cam Ward 2006.
Dash can you ask Lehner if there's room for a COnn Smythe trophy in his hotel room?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum