GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who needs "The Monster" when we have Robin "Real Estate" Lehner!

+21
sens4win
Bramlet07
Riprock
ddt
Hoags
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
Sens19
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
SensGirl11
Jordo
wprager
PTFlea
SensFan71
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
beerandsens
shabbs
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Dash wrote:Markstrom's not even in North America. At least Lehner's in Canada. Definitely closer to turning pro.

Well MArkstrom is a pro already but he has shown enormous flaws playing in The WJC. His ability to battle is lacking to say the least and he chokes in huge games. If they were to give him a top 20 say, even top 15 I dont think I would say anything, there is a lot there to be excitted about, but number 2 overall? There are about 25-30 guys on that list I would be putting ahead of including Lehner, but again, the good old WJC is all that matters it seems.

Schneider, Navulth, Lehner, and Bernier, are all 3 goaltenders alone that I would put ahead of Markstrom, let alone players in general. He's ahead of guys like Hodgson, Schenn, Larsson, MPS, Eberele, are behind this guy? I think not.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Hodgson's value might have taken a hit when he got injured, and the injury could have been serious enough to jeopardize his career, or at least significantly change it. He looks to be getting his game back though, which is good news. I don't think he'll have a career in Vancouver though.

Point being is Markstrom isnt a top 10 prospect let alone number 2. Every year that magazine is hard to read.

At least Brian Lee is now number 8 in terms of Ottawa prospects in terms of what they believe, I would say that's about right. He has regressed as much as any prospect in The NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner stops 34 of 35, his save % .918 on the year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Lehner stops 34 of 35, his save % .918 on the year.

I hope he won the game, 'cause otherwise that would suck. (And Neely would be all "Who cares about losers".)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think they won, yeah.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

They won, Lehner got 1st star, and a standing ovation from the entire arena. Everyone was chanting his name, and the team all gathered around him and muzzin at the end of the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:They won, Lehner got 1st star, and a standing ovation from the entire arena. Everyone was chanting his name, and the team all gathered around him and muzzin at the end of the game.

Awesome!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner won his first ever professional game for Bingo. He let in 5 goals though, but he still won! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Lehner won his first ever professional game for Bingo. He let in 5 goals though, but he still won! Ahhhhh!

I guess the team likes playing in front of him Smile

5, wow. Well, he'll he'll have a better defense in front of him by the time he gets here. Still, 5, wow. Butterflies?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably just getting used to the different style of game. I heard it's very much about crashing the net and banging in the loose garbage goal in the AHL. That would be something to adjust to as a goalie right?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, wow, that's quite the banner. A little on the wide side -- at least for me on my laptop. Although I prefer that to the GMH logo one that is not even 600 pixels across.

So how long will it stay up this time Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Bingo realized in the 3rd that they had been officially eliminated and kind of let up a little unfortunately.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Gryba scored that game too. Impressive feat for a defensive defenseman, in just his fourth game.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner's on his way to Ottawa today.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:Gryba scored that game too. Impressive feat for a defensive defenseman, in just his fourth game.

Gryba has some nice numbers in his short stint there. Lehner's at 2-0 in 2 games, but his SV% is not great. You can't really argue with a winning record, though.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Gryba scored that game too. Impressive feat for a defensive defenseman, in just his fourth game.

Gryba has some nice numbers in his short stint there. Lehner's at 2-0 in 2 games, but his SV% is not great. You can't really argue with a winning record, though.

His first game skewed his stats a bit. But his last game was against a playoff bound Baby Pens where he stopped 31 of 32 shots. Yeah donkey!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he was 2nd star last game. The first game really messed his stats up when the B-Sens just stopped caring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum