GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs

+11
davetherave
beerandsens
asq2
shabbs
wprager
Tuk Tuk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

His predictions are awful. He switched NYR and Ottawa from last year, that's it. Apparently everyone is exactly the same. Florida is also 14th in the conferance... not likely.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:SensChirp has put up their predictions for the season standings...

I have to say... pretty optimistic having the Sens in 4th.

We shall see...

Looking at the teams he has beneath Ottawa, I would say it's possible to realistically make 5th.

1. PITTSBURGH
2. WASHINGTON
3. BOSTON
4. OTTAWA
5. PHILADELPHIA
6. CAROLINA
7. NEW JERSEY
8. MONTREAL

Ottawa in 5th is a very real possibility.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:SensChirp has put up their predictions for the season standings...

I have to say... pretty optimistic having the Sens in 4th.

We shall see...

Looking at the teams he has beneath Ottawa, I would say it's possible to realistically make 5th.

1. PITTSBURGH
2. WASHINGTON
3. BOSTON
4. OTTAWA
5. PHILADELPHIA
6. CAROLINA
7. NEW JERSEY
8. MONTREAL
I think 5th is possible if everything goes well and according to plan. But that's a big IF.

We should land somewhere between 5th and 8th barring a massive set of long term injuries to key players. That's as far of a prediction as I'll go.

We are better than Boston.

I think Ottawa might be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CCgotITcovered wrote:We are better than Boston.

Recent results would tend to contradict that statement. But I can see us being 2nd in the NE. We are also deeper in goal, so if Thomas tweaks anything for any length of time they could be in trouble (I mean, if not for Thomas last Friday, the score would have been potentially lopsided in Ottawa's favor).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:I think Ottawa might be.

Ooh, interesting. I'm getting a little bit hopeful (and damn you N4L and CC if you turn out to be wrong).

wprager wrote:

Ooh, interesting. I'm getting a little bit hopeful (and damn you N4L and CC if you turn out to be wrong).

Boston had basically their full lineup on Friday and we dominated. (by all accounts).

With a weak schedual Ottawa has a chance to not only get off to a hot start but rip up the regular season.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

On a given night we are good enough to beat any team in the NHL. Unfortunately, there will be off nights. That's the difference.

We'll see, I think Ottawa in 5th is realistic and very probable. Can they get the team together from the get-go? Hopefully. The weak schedual and home stand is huge.

Also, on those off nights will Leclaire be good enough to win us those games? That will be the difference IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree N4L. Leclaire has to be good enough to steal some games and by some I think between 5 and 10 should do it.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan wrote:On a given night we are good enough to beat any team in the NHL. Unfortunately, there will be off nights. That's the difference.

Off nights for a one line team are WAY tougher to handle than off nights from a team like Ottawa now. We have the depth to and skill throughout the lineup to be a top team in the league. If only our young blueline were 3 years older, we'd be talking about this team being a favorite for the Cup. Our blueline is the only thing resembling a weak spot here. If Phillips rebounds (way more important to the teams success than anyone realizes) and if Karlsson and Campoli thrive, then we're in good shape.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boston had basically their full lineup on Friday and we dominated. (by all accounts).

With a weak schedual Ottawa has a chance to not only get off to a hot start but rip up the regular season.

How many of their players were involved in that shootout with the Habs the night before, though. Didn't seem to affect Thomas -- other than make him settle down, not try to be too acrobatic and just play the angles. A lot of pucks just hit him. He himself said something to that effect after the game -- that it made him play better.

Leclaire just has to be good enough to not let in weak goals. Thats it. Thats all goaltending is: make the right save, at the right time and don't deflate your team.

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

It was beautiful man. Immediately put me at ease...

They didn't have a number of regulars though, so I wouldn't call it their full lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CCgotITcovered wrote:
N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

It was beautiful man. Immediately put me at ease...

They didn't have a number of regulars though, so I wouldn't call it their full lineup.

Actually they were missing Bergeron, Ryder, Krejci, Sturm, Wheeler, Kobasew, Recchi, Begin, Wideman, Ference, Stuart.

Some of those names, for sure, are pretty good players.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

Well technically not all accounts since we didn't dominate on the score board haha. I get your point though.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum