GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012-13 Standings Predictions

+2
PTFlea
Riprock
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12012-13 Standings Predictions Empty 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Based on the changes thus far into the pre-season, and based on last years divisional standings, in your opinion, who improved and who failed to or got worse?

EASTERN

ATLANTIC

NY RANGERS
PITTSBURGH
PHILADELPHIA
NEW JERSEY
ISLANDERS

NORTHEAST

BOSTON
OTTAWA
BUFFALO
TORONTO
MONTRÉAL

SOUTHEAST

FLORIDA
WASHINGTON
TAMPA BAY
WINNIPEG
CAROLINA

WESTERN

CENTRAL

ST LOUIS
NASHVILLE
DETROIT
CHICAGO
COLUMBUS

NORTHWEST

VANCOUVER
CALGARY
COLORADO
MINNESOTA
EDMONTON

PACIFIC

PHOENIX
SAN JOSE
LOS ANGELES
DALLAS
ANAHEIM

22012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:50 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

EASTERN

ATLANTIC

NY RANGERS <-->
PITTSBURGH <--
PHILADELPHIA <-->
NEW JERSEY <--
ISLANDERS -->

NORTHEAST

BOSTON <--
OTTAWA <--
BUFFALO <--
TORONTO -->
MONTRÉAL -->

SOUTHEAST

FLORIDA <-->
WASHINGTON <--
TAMPA BAY <-->
WINNIPEG <-->
CAROLINA -->

WESTERN

CENTRAL

ST LOUIS <-->
NASHVILLE <--
DETROIT <--
CHICAGO <-->
COLUMBUS -->

NORTHWEST

VANCOUVER <--
CALGARY <-->
COLORADO <--
MINNESOTA -->
EDMONTON -->

PACIFIC

PHOENIX <--
SAN JOSE <-->
LOS ANGELES -->
DALLAS -->
ANAHEIM <-->

32012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

EASTERN

ATLANTIC

NY RANGERS - better
PITTSBURGH - worse
PHILADELPHIA - worse
NEW JERSEY - worse
ISLANDERS - same

NORTHEAST

BOSTON - same
OTTAWA - same
BUFFALO - same
TORONTO - same
MONTRÉAL - same

SOUTHEAST

FLORIDA - same
WASHINGTON - worse
TAMPA BAY - better
WINNIPEG - same
CAROLINA - better

I'd have to think about this more - and the West.

42012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All the other teams can suck it!

EASTERN

ATLANTIC

OTTAWA
NY RANGERS
PITTSBURGH
PHILADELPHIA
NEW JERSEY
ISLANDERS

NORTHEAST

OTTAWA
BOSTON
BUFFALO
TORONTO
MONTRÉAL

SOUTHEAST

OTTAWA
FLORIDA
WASHINGTON
TAMPA BAY
WINNIPEG
CAROLINA

WESTERN

CENTRAL

OTTAWA
ST LOUIS
NASHVILLE
DETROIT
CHICAGO
COLUMBUS

NORTHWEST

OTTAWA
VANCOUVER
CALGARY
COLORADO
MINNESOTA
EDMONTON

PACIFIC

OTTAWA
PHOENIX
SAN JOSE
LOS ANGELES
DALLAS
ANAHEIM

52012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't say that any top team would get better, because if they are at the top of their division, that is the best they can achieve (in the division). Rangers were also #1 in the conference.

62012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ask me a day before the season starts. Right now it's stupid to predict the standings, especially before a new CBA.

72012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am bored though....

Plus it's fun to do it now, again nearer the start of season, midway, and end and follow how we did.

82012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Rangers
2.Boston
3.Carolina
4.Pittsburgh
5.Philadelphia
6.Florida
7.Ottawa
8.Montreal*

*I think there'll be a massive dogfight for the 7th and 8th spots with Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo, Washington, Winnipeg, Jersey and TB.

Yikes, they're all very similar in talent.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

92012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think Ottawa's lucky to be in a Dung division. They just have to be better than 3 other teams basically, but that doesn't make them great.

102012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

West:

1.Kings
2.Blues
3.Canucks
4.Chicago
5.Nashville
6.Phoenix
7.Detroit
8.San Jose*

San Jose is ripe for the picking IMO, they could easily miss the playoffs replaced with Dallas or Anaheim.

112012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

San Jose is a tough call - much like everyone, they need to rely on the Joe's, Marleau and a healthy Havlat. On D, Burns, Vlasic and Boyle essentially. I don;t like their goaltending.

If they are out of it early, the could be sellers.

122012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Ask me a day before the season starts. Right now it's stupid to predict the standings, especially before a new CBA.
Yeah... still lots of changes... I'll re-visit this once the opening day rosters are finalized.

132012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I think Ottawa's lucky to be in a Dung division. They just have to be better than 3 other teams basically, but that doesn't make them great.

Pfft. They're greater than you and that's why I have them winning every division in the NHL.

142012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:San Jose is a tough call - much like everyone, they need to rely on the Joe's, Marleau and a healthy Havlat. On D, Burns, Vlasic and Boyle essentially. I don;t like their goaltending.

If they are out of it early, the could be sellers.

Oh, and Brad Stuart too... Facepalm

152012-13 Standings Predictions Empty Re: 2012-13 Standings Predictions Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:I think Ottawa's lucky to be in a Dung division. They just have to be better than 3 other teams basically, but that doesn't make them great.

That can be said about any team in any Division, though. When was the last time the second team from any Division didn't make the cut?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum