GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs

+11
davetherave
beerandsens
asq2
shabbs
wprager
Tuk Tuk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

CCgotITcovered wrote:Go bold or go home NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 301182

I'm not convinced with my picks for 8th (I would put that as 8-11th because all 4 teams in those spaces could make it over the others) but I'm confident about the top-7 in each conference.

I'm pretty much with you, don't like Atlanta as much as I did with Zherdev in their lineup. Lehtonen will prob get injured too, haha.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I like Atlanta as well - PKing is a problem - BIG TIME though. Plus I don't like Lehtonen as a player that much. Maybe Pavelic or whatever will grab the ball and run.

The more I think about it, I think there might be a serious issue coming for the Flames. I think they could miss in the ultra-competitive West. Nice D - the best in the business, but so weak at forward. And yes, I know about their 'young' guys, but it's not good enough.

If there's to be a surprise miss of the playoffs it's them IMO.

N4L wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Go bold or go home NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 301182

I'm not convinced with my picks for 8th (I would put that as 8-11th because all 4 teams in those spaces could make it over the others) but I'm confident about the top-7 in each conference.

I'm pretty much with you, don't like Atlanta as much as I did with Zherdev in their lineup. Lehtonen will prob get injured too, haha.

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 668437 yeah probably...Pavelec has a lot to prove, but he's got a ton of skill...If it happens, I wouldn't bet against Pav or Hedberg taking the reins and running with it.

Conversely, I'm not with you on Carolina...I can vibe with the rest of both conferences, but I just can't get behind Carolina. Not convinced...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:
N4L wrote:

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 668437 yeah probably...Pavelec has a lot to prove, but he's got a ton of skill...If it happens, I wouldn't bet against Pav or Hedberg taking the reins and running with it.

Conversely, I'm not with you on Carolina...I can vibe with the rest of both conferences, but I just can't get behind Carolina. Not convinced...

So you left them out of your standings completely and cloned the Panthers? Sarcasm

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I like Atlanta as well - PKing is a problem - BIG TIME though. Plus I don't like Lehtonen as a player that much. Maybe Pavelic or whatever will grab the ball and run.

The more I think about it, I think there might be a serious issue coming for the Flames. I think they could miss in the ultra-competitive West. Nice D - the best in the business, but so weak at forward. And yes, I know about their 'young' guys, but it's not good enough.

If there's to be a surprise miss of the playoffs it's them IMO.

I could see it...but I don't NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 Icon_smile I wouldn't be overly surprised to see VAN miss, though. I think Iginla has a TON to prove this year and I know he wants a Cup real bad. As long as he doesn't pull a Morrow and Kipper doesn't pull a Turco, the Flames make the playoffs. I don't even see a way to argue that.

If Iggy and Kipper are what they always are, the Flames make it - and probably dominate with a healthy blueline.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:
I could see it...but I don't NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 Icon_smile I wouldn't be overly surprised to see VAN miss, though. I think Iginla has a TON to prove this year and I know he wants a Cup real bad. As long as he doesn't pull a Morrow and Kipper doesn't pull a Turco, the Flames make the playoffs. I don't even see a way to argue that.

If Iggy and Kipper are what they always are, the Flames make it - and probably dominate with a healthy blueline.

Wow really? Heads will roll in Vancouver if they don't win the NW - or at least come in top 5.

I'm not either but they always seem to make some noise.

SpezDispenser wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:
N4L wrote:

So you left them out of your standings completely and cloned the Panthers? NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 455378

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 668437 fixed. Thanks NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 812636

NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 639591

N4L wrote:I'm not either but they always seem to make some noise.

Not really NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 42360 other than last year, they missed the playoffs two years running. If we follow their post-lockout trend, then they may be a lottery team this year. I mean, they won the Cup, missed the playoffs. Last year they didn't even make the Finals NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 718821 maybe they do disappear completely NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 455378

I dunno, they fell out of it because of Washington's miracle run the year before... and they have a cup. Ward is a top goaltending, I dunno, we'll see, I hope I'm wrong with them, can't stand that team.

N4L wrote:I dunno, they fell out of it because of Washington's miracle run the year before... and they have a cup. Ward is a top goaltending, I dunno, we'll see, I hope I'm wrong with them, can't stand that team.

Yeah I can't discount the Ward effect, but I am so not sold on Staal (probably never will be, but man did he play well down the stretch last year) and they have pretty much no depth anywhere. A few of the right players underperforming just a little and they are done.

One team that WAY too many people are counting out is Florida. They aren't the most skilled team in the world, but Deboer is a wine maker - and his only ingredient is water NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 Icon_wink

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Florida's got a solid team though, with great goaltending. Their D is pretty unspectacular though

Well they look a hell of a lot better than we do, right now.

Tuk Tuk wrote:Florida's got a solid team though, with great goaltending. Their D is pretty unspectacular though

Their D is prob the best part of their team.

Ballard, McCabe, Leopold, VERY solid.

Add in Kulikov and Ellerby and it definitely isn't anything to scoff at.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

You think Kulikov makes the team already? NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 30582

Tuk Tuk wrote:You think Kulikov makes the team already? NHL Standings for 09/10 season heading into the playoffs - Page 3 30582

Absolutley.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

hmm... I didnt think he was ready. I defiantly retract my statement about their D now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum