GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let Training Camp Begin!!

+13
Flo The Action
PTFlea
asq2
jamvan
Hayden
wprager
SensFan71
shabbs
beedub
Vandelay
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:Goodness gracious that's one bad lineup. Eeesh! Are we trying to lose?

Yeah, Dung roster but I would like to check out how Condra, Bass, Regin and Shannon do. Not to mention Picard and Lee too. I haven't seen Picard play in months.

47Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

strachattack wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Goodness gracious that's one bad lineup. Eeesh! Are we trying to lose?

Yeah, Dung roster but I would like to check out how Condra, Bass, Regin and Shannon do. Not to mention Picard and Lee too. I haven't seen Picard play in months.

Yeah, good point. St.Pierre is excellent, Condra (becoming one of my favourite prospects), Bass, Regin, Z.Smith, Shannon, Picard. Should be a fresh lineup.

48Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oops, no Z.Smith either. Boo.

49Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
strachattack wrote:

Yeah, good point. St.Pierre is excellent, Condra (becoming one of my favourite prospects), Bass, Regin, Z.Smith, Shannon, Picard. Should be a fresh lineup.

Oh well, it's not televised so i'll have to wait until Wednesday to check some of them out. I wonder if it will be on radio though. I notice on the Sen's site they have an internet radio feed.

50Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:54 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Well you know they want to be sure to bring their A lineup to Halifax!! Bastards!!!

I'm happy i didn't spend the $60 for the ticket. And those are the cheap seats. $60 for the worst seats in the Halifax Metro Centre, which let me tell you, are not very nice!

51Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Thats probably a good thing for him.

52Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

a quick hit from the sens website
9 players cut today

Paul Baier, Mat Robinson, Craig Schira and Kyle Wharton; and five forwards: Jason Bailey (RW), Keegan Dansereau (LW), Kaspars Daugavins (RW), Matt Lowry (RW) and Brandon Svendsen (RW).

53Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Svenson? Why? What did he do wrong? Schira as well?

Okay...whatever I guess. confused

54Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Bingo training camp starts on the 16th maybe they knew these guys werent going to make the big team and wanted them to be in bingo for training camp because they will be an integral part of the bingo team (a little bit of a stretch i know but it is all i can think of svenson and shira were pretty good in the rookie tourny)

55Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Bingo training camp starts on the 16th maybe they knew these guys werent going to make the big team and wanted them to be in bingo for training camp because they will be an integral part of the bingo team (a little bit of a stretch i know but it is all i can think of svenson and shira were pretty good in the rookie tourny)

Key words here...Rookie tourney is a good chance to show what you can do, butit certainly isn't NHL competition. If you're lucky, you get to see how the guy plays against top tier entry level talent...

There was no way Shira was busting onto the scene this season with the kind of bottom pairing depth we have in Ottawa and Svenson is on a pro tryout as a player who has never played a regular shift in the AHL or NHL...He also had zero chance of even coming close to pushing the likes of Ruutu, Winchester, Kelly, etc out of the lineup.

56Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Did we at least offer Svendsen a contract? I would like to see him more in the AHL and see if he can develop into something.

57Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i havent seen anywhere that says we did offer a contract but maybe after the bingo camp

58Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i havent seen anywhere that says we did offer a contract but maybe after the bingo camp

Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 563556 I suppose.

59Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:07 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's coming, Svendsen will be signed very, soon. The plan is to use the Bingo camp to gauge his "monetary" worth. Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Icon_cheers

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

60Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

sounds like a smart plan

61Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:15 pm

M_Christopher wrote:It's coming, Svendsen will be signed very, soon. The plan is to use the Bingo camp to gauge his "monetary" worth. Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Icon_cheers

Nice! Thanks for the update Mark.

62Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let Training Camp Begin!! Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:It's coming, Svendsen will be signed very, soon. The plan is to use the Bingo camp to gauge his "monetary" worth. Let Training Camp Begin!! - Page 4 Icon_cheers

Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum