GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let the Spezza rumors begin

+8
beedub
top shelf15
asq2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
davetherave
Urkie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Senschirp is saying that as many as 2 or 3 teams are already showing interest in Spezza with Phoenix at the front of the line. That would make sense because Muckler is in Phoenix now and he always loved Spezza. I could see them potentially swinging a deal.

http://www.senschirp.ca/

2Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:Senschirp is saying that as many as 2 or 3 teams are already showing interest in Spezza with Phoenix at the front of the line. That would make sense because Muckler is in Phoenix now and he always loved Spezza. I could see them potentially swinging a deal.

Jason will like Phoenix. It's hot but it's dry.

Scottsdale is VERY upscale.

Attractive homes.

Good looking people.

Lots of high end jewelry stores so he can do TV commercials.

Beautiful mountains to go skiing.

Nearby Sedona is very spiritual.

Great golf.

Close to LA and Vegas.

He gets to hang out with Gretzky who will teach him how to play hockey.

Doesn't have to worry about playing in Ottawa very often.

Deal or no deal?

3Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Deal or no deal nothing. What are they offering?

I'll take one of their stud - and I mean STUD - prospects and something else to tickle my fancy.

Michalek or Mueller or Hanzel plus their first rounder.

4Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

davetherave wrote:
Urkie wrote:Senschirp is saying that as many as 2 or 3 teams are already showing interest in Spezza with Phoenix at the front of the line. That would make sense because Muckler is in Phoenix now and he always loved Spezza. I could see them potentially swinging a deal.

Jason will like Phoenix. It's hot but it's dry.

Scottsdale is VERY upscale.

Attractive homes.

Good looking people.

Lots of high end jewelry stores so he can do TV commercials.

Beautiful mountains to go skiing.

Nearby Sedona is very spiritual.

Great golf.

Close to LA and Vegas.

He gets to hang out with Gretzky who will teach him how to play hockey.

Doesn't have to worry about playing in Ottawa very often.

Deal or no deal?

Not to mention his good buddy McGrattan is there...lol

5Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:59 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Deal or no deal nothing. What are they offering?

I'll take one of their stud - and I mean STUD - prospects and something else to tickle my fancy.

Phoenix agrees to take Spezza's contract and gives Melynk and Murray season tickets to the Diamondbacks.

6Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would take their first rounder plus Mueller and potentially more depending on how desperate they are. That would give us 2 top 10 picks and Muller which is not bad.

7Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

I would take their first rounder plus Mueller and potentially more depending on how desperate they are. That would give us 2 top 10 picks and Muller which is not bad.

OK, throw in season tickets and a box at the Cardinals games...twist Don Maloney's arm.

8Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Pheonix doing that would be so stupid on their part. They are building up a nice core of young players tha are growing together.

Why on earth would they tamper with that to add a potential problem and questionable character?

If Im Ottawa, and Im being offered Mueller, a 1st, and perhaps Jovonovski to take some salary back and a player Ottawa could use, I do it!

Meuller can imidiatly step in and be the number 1 center in Ottawa as well, the kid is that good, as well as a cheap cap hit.

Something like

Lee and Spezza

for

Jovonovski, Mueller, and Pho 1st.

9Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Has anybody looked at Phoenix's depth chart?

They have Lombardi, Hanzal, Mueller, Prucha and Turris already at center.

Their defensive corps is where they need help.

Why would the Coyotes do this deal?

10Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:39 pm

davetherave wrote:Has anybody looked at Phoenix's depth chart?

They have Lombardi, Hanzal, Mueller, Prucha and Turris already at center.

Their defensive corps is where they need help.

Why would the Coyotes do this deal?

Try and sell tickets? Maybe they actually think Spezza is something special? If Muckler is pushing for him that should be a clear sign Ottawa should get rid of him haha.

But ya, I dont see why Pheonix would do this.

11Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:44 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed N4L...if anything, Phoenix needs d-men to replace Ballard and Boynton. They don't need a movie star center.

And if they're trying to get new investors, why would they take a 32MM contract?

12Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Buuuuuuuuuuut, they did deal for Jokinen last year with the same amount of depth up front, so is it really that far fetched? Maybe they are desperatly looking for that number 1 center that they crave. Jokinen failed there, so maybe they take a serious shot at Spezza?

13Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:49 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Buuuuuuuuuuut, they did deal for Jokinen last year with the same amount of depth up front, so is it really that far fetched? Maybe they are desperatly looking for that number 1 center that they crave. Jokinen failed there, so maybe they take a serious shot at Spezza?

Yeah, well they dumped Jokinen in a hurry didn't they?

IMHO Maloney won't be looking at another soft center anytime soon...and not for $32MM.

14Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:51 pm

I dont think Jokinen is soft at all personally, I think he can be lazy and isnt someone you can count on when it matters.

It's also 42M there Dave. I can see Pheonix doing it honestly, but they might have to send some salary back the other way, and Jovonovski could be that guy considering they type of D man is trying to aquire. Sending Lee the other (also who Muckler drafted) makes a lot of sense.

15Let the Spezza rumors begin Empty Re: Let the Spezza rumors begin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I dont think Jokinen is soft at all personally, I think he can be lazy and isnt someone you can count on when it matters.

It's also 42M there Dave. I can see Pheonix doing it honestly, but they might have to send some salary back the other way, and Jovonovski could be that guy considering they type of D man is trying to aquire. Sending Lee the other (also who Muckler drafted) makes a lot of sense.

Just kidding about Olli...hey he scored some nice goals last night, eh.

Is it really 42? I thought JaySpez had 4 years left at 8MM each...but anyway...

But I watched a number of Phoenix games last year and especially in March they looked good offensively...their D was awful though.

Can't see how Brian Lee and Spezza help them.

You never know, though...Murray sent a first rounder to the Isles for Campoli.

And what is this SensChirp rumour based on? It sounds like a recycling of ideas that were floated on this thread months ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum