GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rookie practice today

+13
Phoenix30
spader
Hayden
wprager
Jordo
M_Christopher
rooneypoo
shabbs
asq2
PTFlea
LeCaptain
jawal
jamvan
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:52 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Long-time Dobber moderator and former GMCentral member (having got himself chased off our boards) Notch4077 gives his update on the Sens rookie camp practices:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?t=44958&jfile=showthread.php&option=com_jfusion&Itemid=93

62Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Just met Jared Cowen at the Loblaws in Kanata. Nice kid. He was buying dorito dip. LOL! Said he's on track and the knee is doing good.

63Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:What is it supposed to be? A troll?
This is a troll...

Rookie practice today - Page 5 Dora_The_Explorer_2

Other Dad's will understand me...

Wink

ugh - I see way too much of that...

64Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:What is it supposed to be? A troll?
This is a troll...

Rookie practice today - Page 5 Dora_The_Explorer_2

Other Dad's will understand me...

Wink

Vamanos. Abre. Roja. Azul.

And many more fine words that I learned.

It's sad/scary when your kid's first words are in Spanish, and he can count as high in Spanish as in English...

65Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:37 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That writeup from Dobbers hasn't done anything but make me MORE excited for Karlsson!

66Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:
jamvan wrote:Just got back from this mornings practice and I must say there were a few standouts. Regin and O'brien stood out for me, but Regin's skating is somewhat questionable. That could be the difference from him being a full time NHL'er. Karlsson looks quite poised and definitely has a good friendship with Regin.

There was one guy on the orange line as well, that showed lots of skill. He's a small guy, but has all the tools.

Lehner is absolutely massive. I was standing right near CLouston and was trying to catch what they were saying, but didn't catch much.

There were of course rumours going throughout the rink.

Also, spoke to a real close source whosaid Alfie is quite miffed at Heatley and that Spezza has stopped talking to Heatley altogether. Apparently no one wants him here in camp and hope Murray can pull the trigger on a deal. It certainly appears as though the players a well and ready to move on with Heatley as part of this.

Brandon Svendsen :___:
Not sure it was him. What number was he wearing on his hlemt? The guy that impressed me was 50 or 60 something.

67Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:09 pm

rooneypoo wrote:Long-time Dobber moderator and former GMCentral member (having got himself chased off our boards) Notch4077 gives his update on the Sens rookie camp practices:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?t=44958&jfile=showthread.php&option=com_jfusion&Itemid=93

One thing that stood out to me was how he directly contradicted Murray in saying that Regin and Zubov will be the first callups. Or was he assuming Smith already has a spot on the roster? If so, who's spot is he taking? Shrug

68Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:07 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This is the first season in a LONG while that I can remember the Sens regulars and vets potentially having extremely stiff competition at camp from the youngsters.

Looks like Murray has done a superb job of gathering tremendous (and in some cases elite) talent to push the guys with the big club.

I just don't think it gets said enough.

69Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Yeah... it kind of sucks actually :^^^^: I want to see our youth come in and thrive and I also want to see our vets/returnees rebound.. Obviously both can't happen simultaneously

70Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:This is the first season in a LONG while that I can remember the Sens regulars and vets potentially having extremely stiff competition at camp from the youngsters.

Looks like Murray has done a superb job of gathering tremendous (and in some cases elite) talent to push the guys with the big club.

I just don't think it gets said enough.

:___: He did really, really well in last year's draft. Like, so far amazingly well and potentially franchise changing. As well perhaps as he did defining the Ducks by drafting Getzlaf and Perry, then signing Penner and Kunitz out of college. I love Karlsson, I love Wiercioch's potential, already like what I see from Z.Smith, Petersson is doing well in Europe. Murray may have set this franchise up for a decade on the backend - in 2 drafts.

:****:

71Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:01 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Go Murray, Go Murray! Woot Woot

72Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:03 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Long-time Dobber moderator and former GMCentral member (having got himself chased off our boards) Notch4077 gives his update on the Sens rookie camp practices:

[url=http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?t=44958&jfile=showthread.php&option=com_jfusion&Itemid=93
http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?t=44958&jfile=showthread.php&option=com_jfusion&Itemid=93[/quote[/url]]
Sounds like he spoke to the same trainer I did????

73Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:15 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Facepalm cheap plug time

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Christopher/Rookie-Camp---Sunday/121/22824

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

74Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Its cool Mark, I've been waiting to hear what you had to say all day... I don't like HBuzz for a variety of reason - not the least of which is that it takes forever to load - but I go to read your (and a select few other writters) posts.

Smile

I welcome a cheap plug.

...wait, what? Suspect No no, not like that Facepalm

75Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

cas wrote:Its cool Mark, I've been waiting to hear what you had to say all day... I don't like HBuzz for a variety of reason - not the least of which is that it takes forever to load - but I go to read your (and a select few other writters) posts.

Smile

I welcome a cheap plug.

...wait, what? Suspect No no, not like that Facepalm

Laughing3

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

76Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:08 am

I hope by "things to get going on Tuesday" you meant baseless rumours and not much more. Wink

Nobody wants Heatley Thumbs Down Crying

77Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great write up. Man, I'll bite, how good is this Svensson dude. Please be awesome. :^^^^: FingersCrossed

78Rookie practice today - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Great write up. Man, I'll bite, how good is this Svensson dude. Please be awesome. :^^^^: FingersCrossed

and from what I gathered, Regin and some of the other guys drank too much Saturday night? Sarcasm

afterall, the dorms on Colonel By filled up last week?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum