GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Rookie Tournament Schedule Set

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Senators Rookie Tournament Schedule Set Empty Senators Rookie Tournament Schedule Set Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Bulletin: Senators to Participate in Rookie Tournament
Ottawa Senators
Aug 26, 2008, 12:08 PM EDT

Senators Rookie Tournament Schedule Set 8470880
Elliott

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators will participate in a four-team round-robin rookie tournament, hosted by the Florida Panthers, from Sept. 13 to Sept. 15 at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium in Kitchener, Ont. Joining the Senators and Panthers prospects will be squads from the Pittsburgh Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Senators rookies will practise at the Bell Sensplex on Wednesday, Sept. 10, at 1 p.m.,
at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 11, at Scotiabank Place and at 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 12, at the Bell Sensplex. The team will then travel to Kitchener for the three-day tournament.

This year’s rookie tournament roster features four players with National Hockey League experience: goaltender Brian Elliott and forwards Alexander Nikulin, Jesse Winchester and Ilya Zubov. Also participating will be 2007 first-round draft pick Jim O’Brien. The remainder of the rookie tournament roster will be announced at a later date.

The Senators rookies will be led by Binghamton Senators head coach Cory Clouston and assistant Mike Busniuk.

2008-09 rookie tournament schedule
Saturday, Sept. 13: Florida vs. Ottawa at 2 p.m.; Pittsburgh vs. Toronto at 6 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 14: Florida vs. Pittsburgh at 2 p.m.; Toronto vs. Ottawa at 6 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 15: Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh at 2 p.m.; Toronto vs. Florida at 7 p.m.

The Senators have participated in nine rookie tournaments since their first appearance in 1999. Last season, they competed against the same four clubs in Kitchener, finishing the round-robin with three wins and one loss before losing 5-1 to Pittsburgh in the final.

Since the first tournament in 1999, past rookie team rosters have included the following members of the organization who have played for the Senators: Cody Bass (2005 and 2007), Dany Bois (2004 and 2005), Brian Elliott (2007), Mike Fisher (1999 and 2001), Nick Foligno (2007), Chris Kelly (1999, 2000 and 2001), Brian Lee (2007), Andrej Meszaros (2004 and 2005), Alexander Nikulin (2007). Chris Neil (1999), Christoph Schubert (2002 and 2003), Jason Spezza (2001 and 2002), Antoine Vermette (2000 and 2002), Anton Volchenkov (2002) and Ilya Zubov (2007).

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's great!
I am so excited to see how Zubov, Elliot and O'Brien do. I can't wait to see them don Ottawa unis!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:That's great!
I am so excited to see how Zubov, Elliot and O'Brien do. I can't wait to see them don Ottawa unis!

Me either. I just wish they'd bring it back to Ottawa. I went to one and it was great to see all these prospects in game situations.

- Unknown Author

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Me either. I just wish they'd bring it back to Ottawa. I went to one and it was great to see all these prospects in game situations.
I will be heading out to the Sens plex next week to check out the young guns. I'll let you guys know when the times are when I find out.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

I will be heading out to the Sens plex next week to check out the young guns. I'll let you guys know when the times are when I find out.

They've given that out haven't they? I thought I'd heard on the Team1200 anyway. There all times while I'm at work so I can't even see them practice.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

God, I just wish I was back in Ottawa so I could actually see a Sens game LIVE!! Crying

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sorry Cron man,

I put a riddle in your topic if you want to check it out.

- Unknown Author

8Senators Rookie Tournament Schedule Set Empty Rookie D-Men Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

So far I have only seen the usual list of rookies playing in this tournament; Zubov, Winchester, Elliot etc. All of them are forwards and goalie. Does anyone know who is playing on defence?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

mojo1016 wrote:So far I have only seen the usual list of rookies playing in this tournament; Zubov, Winchester, Elliot etc. All of them are forwards and goalie. Does anyone know who is playing on defence?

It says in the article:

The remainder of the rookie tournament roster will be announced at a later date.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum