GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rookie practice today

+13
Phoenix30
spader
Hayden
wprager
Jordo
M_Christopher
rooneypoo
shabbs
asq2
PTFlea
LeCaptain
jawal
jamvan
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:Anybody else thinking of taking in the practice tomorrow? I might very well check it out.

Would be neat to see Karlsson again. I haven't watched him since the SEL playoffs.

Incidentally, there's a nice feature on him at the Sens web-site.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=497776&navid=ott-home-dl

Don't know why they list him as a 20-year-old d-man, though. He won't be 20 for another 9 months.

32Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Jordo wrote:Anybody else thinking of taking in the practice tomorrow? I might very well check it out.

Would be neat to see Karlsson again. I haven't watched him since the SEL playoffs.

Incidentally, there's a nice feature on him at the Sens web-site.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=497776&navid=ott-home-dl

Don't know why they list him as a 20-year-old d-man, though. He won't be 20 for another 9 months.

This kid HAS to play here this season.

33Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:42 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:What is it supposed to be? A troll?
This is a troll...

Rookie practice today - Page 3 Dora_The_Explorer_2

Other Dad's will understand me...

Wink

34Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote::^^^^: Someone posted that in one of their posts and I yanked it and put it as a smiley. I think it's a werewolf doing some dancing, but it could be squats as well I suppose. Ahhhhh!

It is the answer to the age-old question: Does a werewolf Dung in the woods?

35Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:What is it supposed to be? A troll?
This is a troll...

Rookie practice today - Page 3 Dora_The_Explorer_2

Other Dad's will understand me...

Wink

Vamanos. Abre. Roja. Azul.

And many more fine words that I learned.

36Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

I was only there for 20-30 minutes - it was really difficult to distinguish the players (helmet numbers only).

The nicest surprise that I noticed was Hoffman - he looked really good.

37Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'll be back tomorrow, bright and early at 9a.m. Coffee!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

38Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoffman sounds like he might be a nice fit in Bingo. FingersCrossed

39Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:

Will we be treated to another great summary on HB Mark? It would be great to get some detail on the rest of the pack. It's a bit of a commute from South Korea, so I think I'll have to miss out this time. I'm very curious at how Regin and O'Brien look and was very happy to hear your take on Hoffman. He really sounds like a great addition at this point.

40Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:12 am

spader wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

Will we be treated to another great summary on HB Mark? It would be great to get some detail on the rest of the pack. It's a bit of a commute from South Korea, so I think I'll have to miss out this time. I'm very curious at how Regin and O'Brien look and was very happy to hear your take on Hoffman. He really sounds like a great addition at this point.

Laughing3

And to think I thought living in Calgary was a pain the Donkey for seeing Sens games.

41Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:19 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

Yeah, I'll be focused on Jim O'Brien and Peter Regin tomorrow. (Barely noticed Regin today, which can't be a good a thing)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

42Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

And you can read the blogs on HB, then head over here for discussion with us (who usually includes Mark). Wink Ole!

43Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That's the plan. No offense to Mark or the guys at HB, but I really don't care at all for the discussion over there. I go to HB for MC's articles and that's about it.

44Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:07 am

spader wrote:That's the plan. No offense to Mark or the guys at HB, but I really don't care at all for the discussion over there. I go to HB for MC's articles and that's about it.

It's especially bad in Eklund's threads, but it seems to spill over to the other threads as well. It's amazing how downhill that site has actually gone. Now it's just a gathering of Eklund bashers for the most part.

45Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I've read a couple of the other bloggers here and there. There are some talented writers there, without question. I really like MC's posts, but someone (Jan Levigne I think) wrote an article about the Sens not too long ago. It was actually difficult to read. It was really poorly written.

The forum there is a wash. It's just a bunch of die-hards saying how great their respective teams are without any rhyme or reason to their "arguments". I gave up on the comments section quickly.

46Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:02 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

jawal wrote:
jamvan wrote:If any of you are near the SensPlex today at 1:30 pop in as the rookies will be there getting ready and practising. I was given this tidbit and wanted to pass it along.

Apparently Cowen is coming along real nicely and looks massive.

You always have great information but I don't see Cowen name on the Rookie roster. Is he a late addition?

Goaltenders: Shane Connelly (Wisconsin - WCHA), Robin Lehner (Frolunda Jr. - Sweden)
Defencemen: Paul Baier (Portland - AHL), Collin Bowman (Kelowna - WHL), Erik Karlsson (Frolunda HC, Boras HC - Sweden), Geoff Kinrade (Michigan Tech - WCHA, Norfolk - AHL, Tampa Bay - NHL), Mat Robinson (Las Vegas - ECHL, Alaska-Anchorage - WCHA), Craig Schira (Vancouver - WHL), Kyle Wharton (Johnstown - ECHL, Syracuse - AHL)
Forwards: Jason Bailey (Bakersfiled - ECHL), Erik Condra (Notre Dame - CCHA), Keegan Dansereau (Swift Current - WHL), Kaspars Daugavins (Binghamton - AHL, Mississauga - OHL), Jordan Hale (Brandon - WHL), Michael Hoffman (Drummondville - QMJHL), Casey Lee (U. of Saskatchewan - CWUAA), Matt Lowry (Brandon - WHL), Jim O’Brien (Seattle - WHL, Binghamton - AHL), Brett Parnham (Oshawa - OHL, Rochester - AHL), Peter Regin (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Zack Smith (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Brandon Svendsen (Idaho - ECHL, Bowling Green - CCHA)
He's just skating lightly so far, but he is there.

Also, from one of the trainers; Murray and company fully expect Karlsson to make the team. Write it down now; he'll be there.

47Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:20 am

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
jawal wrote:
jamvan wrote:If any of you are near the SensPlex today at 1:30 pop in as the rookies will be there getting ready and practising. I was given this tidbit and wanted to pass it along.

Apparently Cowen is coming along real nicely and looks massive.

You always have great information but I don't see Cowen name on the Rookie roster. Is he a late addition?

Goaltenders: Shane Connelly (Wisconsin - WCHA), Robin Lehner (Frolunda Jr. - Sweden)
Defencemen: Paul Baier (Portland - AHL), Collin Bowman (Kelowna - WHL), Erik Karlsson (Frolunda HC, Boras HC - Sweden), Geoff Kinrade (Michigan Tech - WCHA, Norfolk - AHL, Tampa Bay - NHL), Mat Robinson (Las Vegas - ECHL, Alaska-Anchorage - WCHA), Craig Schira (Vancouver - WHL), Kyle Wharton (Johnstown - ECHL, Syracuse - AHL)
Forwards: Jason Bailey (Bakersfiled - ECHL), Erik Condra (Notre Dame - CCHA), Keegan Dansereau (Swift Current - WHL), Kaspars Daugavins (Binghamton - AHL, Mississauga - OHL), Jordan Hale (Brandon - WHL), Michael Hoffman (Drummondville - QMJHL), Casey Lee (U. of Saskatchewan - CWUAA), Matt Lowry (Brandon - WHL), Jim O’Brien (Seattle - WHL, Binghamton - AHL), Brett Parnham (Oshawa - OHL, Rochester - AHL), Peter Regin (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Zack Smith (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Brandon Svendsen (Idaho - ECHL, Bowling Green - CCHA)
He's just skating lightly so far, but he is there.

Also, from one of the trainers; Murray and company fully expect Karlsson to make the team. Write it down now; he'll be there.

I'm going this morning. According to Mark C., Cowen is doing light skating and will particpate in the main camp.

48Rookie practice today - Page 3 Empty Re: Rookie practice today Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:37 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

And you can read the blogs on HB, then head over here for discussion with us (who usually includes Mark). ;) :ole:

Hey Mark, I am not sure if this was brought up but do you have exclusive commitment to write for EK or can you write hear as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum