GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Heatley rumor to throw on the pile...

+11
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
TheAvatar
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
pgood
beedub
Jordo
SensFan71
Vandelay
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Jordo wrote:Frolov would be sweet. There better be another piece coming our way though. Frolov + Hickey or Teubert.

Sorry Jordo, I have to disagree. 🇬🇬

Frolov has threatened to go the the KHL already in his short NHL career. He is also one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

No thanks to Frolov.

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

FireOnIce wrote:
beedub wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Why are you so sure SJ and LA won't deal with each other...didn't they send Blake to SJ, or did he sign as a FA?

I am not certain that you mention it, I thought Blake only signed as a UFA there, but I could be wrong.

This is completely off topic, but I was posting this as I was reading Chirp's most recent blog, apparently Burke made an offer to the Sens in the past since Kubina is no longer a Leaf, not sure how true this is, but quite the interesting offer (to which Murray should be saying no)

To Ottawa: Kubina, Mayers, Stajan, White

To Toronto: Heatley, Shannon

You are talking about some quality players off the Leafs roster cool)

Laughing3 Laughing3 That is some talent right there. Laughing3 Laughing3

With the exception of Kubina, who is gone, these individuals shall unite and win Toronto the SIM Stanley Cup.
Sorry, doing a Burke right there Facepalm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:
beedub wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Why are you so sure SJ and LA won't deal with each other...didn't they send Blake to SJ, or did he sign as a FA?

I am not certain that you mention it, I thought Blake only signed as a UFA there, but I could be wrong.

This is completely off topic, but I was posting this as I was reading Chirp's most recent blog, apparently Burke made an offer to the Sens in the past since Kubina is no longer a Leaf, not sure how true this is, but quite the interesting offer (to which Murray should be saying no)

To Ottawa: Kubina, Mayers, Stajan, White

To Toronto: Heatley, Shannon

You are talking about some quality players off the Leafs roster cool)

Laughing3 Laughing3 That is some talent right there. Laughing3 Laughing3

With the exception of Kubina, who is gone, these individuals shall unite and win Toronto the SIM Stanley Cup.
Sorry, doing a Burke right there Facepalm

Kubina darted away while the getting was good lol, much rather be part of the Thrashers right now than the Leafs, did I just say that? Ahhhhh!

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

give it a year Facepalm Ok maybe 2, but Toronto will be force

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:give it a year Facepalm Ok maybe 2, but Toronto will be force

I will give them their due, they will be a physical force, but not a dominant and talented force, at least not yet, must be part of Burke's 5 year plan, lay some groundwork, say the right things, collect MLSE's money for 5 years, then tell them to screw the pooch :^^^^:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I actually think the Leafs are one of the better set-up teams going forward. They've now got Gustavsson in nets, a corner-stone type guy on defence and some nice scoring support forwards led by Kadri, Bozak and Kulemin. What they really need now is a guy to be the focal point of their offence: a Hall, Kabanov, Pulkkinen, McFarland etc.

One thing that I don't understand, though, was shipping out offensive talent on the back-end. Moving Kubina I can sort of understand because of Kaberle, Beauchemin and Van Ryn already being there, but now Ian White is the only offensive defenceman 25 or younger in their system who's worth anything (and his career-high is only 26 points). It remains to be seen what happens with Vorobiev.

Anyway, the blue-line right now looks very nice:

Kaberle - Komisarek
Schenn - Beauchemin
Finger - Van Ryn
*White, Exelby, Frogurt

Couple that with Toskala and Gustavsson and they could be hard to score against with any kind of defensive system in place. The down-side is that telling your forwards to be at all defensively responsible could cause a dramatic fall in the Leafs' goal-production.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i just dont really see the leafs having a good offense not much up front and i dotn see the d corps mocing the puck as well as they are going to need

asq2 wrote:I actually think the Leafs are one of the better set-up teams going forward. They've now got Gustavsson in nets, a corner-stone type guy on defence and some nice scoring support forwards led by Kadri, Bozak and Kulemin. What they really need now is a guy to be the focal point of their offence: a Hall, Kabanov, Pulkkinen, McFarland etc.

One thing that I don't understand, though, was shipping out offensive talent on the back-end. Moving Kubina I can sort of understand because of Kaberle, Beauchemin and Van Ryn already being there, but now Ian White is the only offensive defenceman 25 or younger in their system who's worth anything (and his career-high is only 26 points). It remains to be seen what happens with Vorobiev.

Anyway, the blue-line right now looks very nice:

Kaberle - Komisarek
Schenn - Beauchemin
Finger - Van Ryn
*White, Exelby, Frogurt

Couple that with Toskala and Gustavsson and they could be hard to score against with any kind of defensive system in place. The down-side is that telling your forwards to be at all defensively responsible could cause a dramatic fall in the Leafs' goal-production.

Asq, I am going to assume that you like prospects as per your avatar and signature.

I think that is also why you highly overrate them. In your first paragraph, you name 8 prospects. You do realize that the odds are that only one of the 8 reach their projected potential. 3 will not make 100 games in the NHL and the other 4 will have average careers.

The above stats are taken from the Top 10 picks in every first round draft their has ever been and an average was created. Some of your listed names are not Top 10 picks, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Kaberle, Van Ryn, White, and to a lesser extent Beauchemin, Schenn and Finger can move the puck. I'm more concerned about their puck-movement in the future, frankly.

Scoring is the concern, yes. The Leafs did finish 10th overall in goals for last season, but that was with a ridiculously free-wheeling system in place.

Hagman, Bozak, Ponikarovsky, Kulemin, Stajan, Stempniak is what their top-6 looks like right now. Not the most awe-inspiring group, to be sure.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

FireOnIce wrote:Asq, I am going to assume that you like prospects as per your avatar and signature.

I think that is also why you highly overrate them. In your first paragraph, you name 8 prospects. You do realize that the odds are that only one of the 8 reach their projected potential. 3 will not make 100 games in the NHL and the other 4 will have average careers.

The above stats are taken from the Top 10 picks in every first round draft their has ever been and an average was created. Some of your listed names are not Top 10 picks, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

No, I was not aware that prospects have the possibility of busting.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i just dont really see the leafs having a good offense not much up front and i dotn see the d corps mocing the puck as well as they are going to need

that is definite fair assessment of the leafs, not saying they are going to be horrible, they will be tough, and they will be playing in a lot of hard 1/2 goal games, some they win, a lot they will lose I believe, am thinking Burke is bringing in the toughness now, then will sprinkle in some talent, perhaps Taylor Hall? don't think they will be bottom of the league bad though.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

probably not bottom of the league but not making the playoffs and yea i think you are right with the 1-2 goal games for them or they will get blown out i dont see them being able to get more than 3 goals a night and that i believe would be a good night

asq2 wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:Asq, I am going to assume that you like prospects as per your avatar and signature.

I'm just saying that to say Toronto is set-up going forward as you put it, is not how I see it.

Sorry for disagreeing with you I guess.

Thanks for the discussion.

asq2 wrote:

Laughing3

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

toronto is going to have to rely on quality output from their prospects because they dont have a lot of depth up front anyway

asq2 wrote:

The sarcasm is high is this one.

If you understand that prospects bust and continue to fail to live up to hype, how is it possible that you think Toronto is "set-up for the future"? Remember that right after you said this, you went on to name 8 prospects.

I just don't see it.

But again, sorry for disagreeing with you and having an opinion of my own that I posted in a factual and professional manner.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I thought this was a heatley rumour thread then we began evaluating the leafs so maybe we should turn this back to another horrible heatley thread

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you are right HH, and unfortunately, he is still on our team, better prepare for life with him this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum