GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Heatley rumor to throw on the pile...

+11
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
TheAvatar
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
pgood
beedub
Jordo
SensFan71
Vandelay
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

From Matthew Berry's blog on hb:

Frolov - I resisted calling Eklund about this because it seemed too far fetched, but over the weekend I got a text about Frolov being a key piece in a 3 way deal which would send Heatley to San Jose, Frolov to Ottawa and Cheechoo and Murray to L.A. - others would obviously be involved in the deal to Ottawa - But thinking about it, how the hell does this make sense for San Jose? Ottawa isn't sending any D men to S.J. and I'm not sure if any D-men were going from L.A. to S.J. either, unless Hickey or Voinov were involved, which in my opinion isn't likely to happen -

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

haven't heard this one to be honest, would be surprised if anything happened with SJ and LA, being division rivals, but you never know, SJ really wants Heatley apparently, I have no issues with Frolov, sure there would be a few more pieces I hope, but I am in the group of people that think any trade ideas are dead and Heatley will be in our lineup opening night.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Frolov would be sweet. There better be another piece coming our way though. Frolov + Hickey or Teubert.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm a little surprised L.A. would want anything to do with Chechoo. Although, aside from the contract, he does seem to be Lombardi's kind of player, what with the good attitude and solid effort every night.

That deal doesn't make any sense from either an Ott or LA perspective.

SJ gets Heatley for Cheecho and Murray ? What ?

Why are you so sure SJ and LA won't deal with each other...didn't they send Blake to SJ, or did he sign as a FA?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:Why are you so sure SJ and LA won't deal with each other...didn't they send Blake to SJ, or did he sign as a FA?

I am not certain that you mention it, I thought Blake only signed as a UFA there, but I could be wrong.

This is completely off topic, but I was posting this as I was reading Chirp's most recent blog, apparently Burke made an offer to the Sens in the past since Kubina is no longer a Leaf, not sure how true this is, but quite the interesting offer (to which Murray should be saying no)

To Ottawa: Kubina, Mayers, Stajan, White

To Toronto: Heatley, Shannon

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Why are you so sure SJ and LA won't deal with each other...didn't they send Blake to SJ, or did he sign as a FA?

I am not certain that you mention it, I thought Blake only signed as a UFA there, but I could be wrong.

This is completely off topic, but I was posting this as I was reading Chirp's most recent blog, apparently Burke made an offer to the Sens in the past since Kubina is no longer a Leaf, not sure how true this is, but quite the interesting offer (to which Murray should be saying no)

You are talking about some quality players off the Leafs roster cool)

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

insert Schenn instead of White and remove Shannon in favour of someone else (Zubov maybe?) and maybe Murray/Burke will talk, Murray might be miffed that Burke stole Kadri from under his nose (thank you Burke, you landed us Cowen)

Last edited by SensFan71 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Vandelay wrote:From Matthew Berry's blog on hb:

Frolov - I resisted calling Eklund about this because it seemed too far fetched, but over the weekend I got a text about Frolov being a key piece in a 3 way deal which would send Heatley to San Jose, Frolov to Ottawa and Cheechoo and Murray to L.A. - others would obviously be involved in the deal to Ottawa - But thinking about it, how the hell does this make sense for San Jose? Ottawa isn't sending any D men to S.J. and I'm not sure if any D-men were going from L.A. to S.J. either, unless Hickey or Voinov were involved, which in my opinion isn't likely to happen -

I am assuming that there are more pieces included in this deal and that the names currently mentioned are just the biggest names involved. Otherwise I can't see this trade benefiting Ottawa in any way. Heatley from Frolov = HUGE loss. LA certainly has many pieces that would be great acquisitions for Ottawa in any potential Heatley deal, but at this point after all the rumors and other BS, the only Dany Heatley trade I'll beleive is the one I see posted on tsn.ca including a picture of Dany in his new jersey.

I don't like rumors at the best of times, but this one is putrid. Frolov has threatened to go to the KHL previously. Anyone that thinks he would be good in Ottawa needs to give their head a shake. Ahhhhh!

He is one of the most inconsistent/streaky/moody players in the NHL.

beedub wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Laughing3 Laughing3 That is some talent right there. Laughing3 Laughing3

Jordo wrote:Frolov would be sweet. There better be another piece coming our way though. Frolov + Hickey or Teubert.

Sorry Jordo, I have to disagree. 🇬🇬

Frolov has threatened to go the the KHL already in his short NHL career. He is also one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

No thanks to Frolov.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

FireOnIce wrote:
beedub wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

With the exception of Kubina, who is gone, these individuals shall unite and win Toronto the SIM Stanley Cup.
Sorry, doing a Burke right there Facepalm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:
beedub wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

With the exception of Kubina, who is gone, these individuals shall unite and win Toronto the SIM Stanley Cup.
Sorry, doing a Burke right there Facepalm

Kubina darted away while the getting was good lol, much rather be part of the Thrashers right now than the Leafs, did I just say that? Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum