GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa-Florida rumor

+9
shabbs
PKC
SensGirl11
BigRig
Mojo
dennycrane
asq2
Acrobat
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hey, just wanted to pass on a rumor I was just informed about from a source.

This rumor comes out of Florida, and it is Spezza and a 2nd-rnd pick for Jay Bouwmeester. Apparently Florida would want to trade Spezza at the deadline or prior to his NTC as they think he could fetch a greater return?

I don't believe this rumor though, because as we know Spezza is not a Martin player, though the flipping part would make sense. But I also don't get is that Bouwmeester could likely get a greater return than Spezza, no?

Also, Why does Ottawa give up a #1 center (though my source says Spezza is not a #1 center. Maybe on Ottawa he is, but on a GOOD team he isn't. He didn't deny Spezza is great, just not a #1 center on a good team) for a UFA defenceman? Obviously an extension would have to be in place. But including a second as well? Is Bouwmeester really that more valuable? If so, why would Florida think they could get more for Spezza?

2Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Why?
I mean from either side?

Makes no sense.

3Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm

If J bo is signed for 7 years, yes, he is that much more valuable then Spezza. Thats when this team could really start to build as well. Goalie, check, franchise stud D man check.

Yeah we lose our number 1 center, but that would have to be worked around. Anyways, I dont believe this for a second.

4Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Neely4Life wrote:If J bo is signed for 7 years, yes, he is that much more valuable then Spezza. Thats when this team could really start to build as well. Goalie, check, franchise stud D man check.

Yeah we lose our number 1 center, but that would have to be worked around. Anyways, I dont believe this for a second.
Don't you think you're a bit quick in naming Elliott our franchise goalie? Now don't get me wrong, I've been impressed, and I think he has the potential to be our goalie for years to come. But we should wait awhile longer before declaring him our savior.

5Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Another reason I don't buy it is, Ottawa likely wants to shed salary, so you trade Spezza's $7-mil only to replace it with likely the same, possibly more with Bouwmeester?

6Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:04 pm

DashRiprock wrote:Another reason I don't buy it is, Ottawa likely wants to shed salary, so you trade Spezza's $7-mil only to replace it with likely the same, possibly more with Bouwmeester?

Yes because you NEED a number 1 D man! Thats the biggest concern on this team. Ottawa doenst need to shed salary, they need to invest their cap space in defense first. If it took Spezza to get a SIGNED J bo, then I would hesitate for a second.

Dealing Fisher there would be the best option honestly. Prob not possible though

7Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Laughable.

We could just sign Bouw in the off-season.

Why the **** would we have to throw in a 2nd as well? Suspect

8Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:22 pm

The rumour is BS anyways, so its not even important. The trade makes no sense.

9Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:26 pm

DashRiprock wrote:(though my source says Spezza is not a #1 center. Maybe on Ottawa he is, but on a GOOD team he isn't. He didn't deny Spezza is great, just not a #1 center on a good team)
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Other than Detroit and Pittsburgh, there is no team in the league lucky enough to have two centers of Spezza's calibre. Most would settle for just one.

Everyone is under this impression that Spezza's NTC kicks in this summer, but they are wrong. It doesn't kick in until July 2010. There is still plenty of time to allow him to make himself untradeable or at least search out a better deal.
Giving away a 2nd with him is just retarded. Your source should be officially discounted. This will never happen.

10Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:58 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens do have depth at center. Do you trust Vermette as the #1 center?

11Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 am

This rumour sounds likes yesterdays leftovers from HB. I can't see Martin taking him, even if it's to flip him. There aren't many players that would be moved easily these days. It always comes back to the cap hit and salaries. No longer can teams count on a big money team like the Rangers to eat their mistakes. And we have to throw in a pick as well? squirrel

12Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

This is one of the worst Bouwmeester runmours I have heard yet. I really don't think J-Bo has more trade value than Spezza. Sure Spezza if not having a great season, but all things considered he is having a decent season. Maybe if this trade happened a few years ago when J-Bo had higher stock, I could see it. While he is still a great player and will fetch a high return, I don't see him being worth Spezza, or Spezza plus a pick.

13Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 am

asq2 wrote:Laughable.

We could just sign Bouw in the off-season.

Why the **** would we have to throw in a 2nd as well? Suspect

Or give up our franchise centre for a pending UFA?

Laughable is quite accurate.

14Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:37 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

cash wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:(though my source says Spezza is not a #1 center. Maybe on Ottawa he is, but on a GOOD team he isn't. He didn't deny Spezza is great, just not a #1 center on a good team)
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Other than Detroit and Pittsburgh, there is no team in the league lucky enough to have two centers of Spezza's calibre. Most would settle for just one.

Everyone is under this impression that Spezza's NTC kicks in this summer, but they are wrong. It doesn't kick in until July 2010. There is still plenty of time to allow him to make himself untradeable or at least search out a better deal.
Giving away a 2nd with him is just retarded. Your source should be officially discounted. This will never happen.

good points there BUT his NTC does, in fact,kick in 2009. Murray and Melnyk have got 5 months to decide if they go ahead with this investment....

come to think of it, Vinny's is the same scenario in Tampa (for a lot more money though). It'll be interesting to see which team does not go through with (Tampa) it!

15Ottawa-Florida rumor Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:16 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:Hey, just wanted to pass on a rumor I was just informed about from a source.

This rumor comes out of Florida, and it is Spezza and a 2nd-rnd pick for Jay Bouwmeester. Apparently Florida would want to trade Spezza at the deadline or prior to his NTC as they think he could fetch a greater return?

I don't believe this rumor though, because as we know Spezza is not a Martin player, though the flipping part would make sense. But I also don't get is that Bouwmeester could likely get a greater return than Spezza, no?
Also, Why does Ottawa give up a #1 center (though my source says Spezza is not a #1 center. Maybe on Ottawa he is, but on a GOOD team he isn't. He didn't deny Spezza is great, just not a #1 center on a good team) for a UFA defenceman? Obviously an extension would have to be in place. But including a second as well? Is Bouwmeester really that more valuable? If so, why would Florida think they could get more for Spezza?

Are you being serious about this? I think your source has S for B's. Do you really thank that a J-Bo for Spezza straight up is fair? Spezza signed long term, J-Bo a UFA...that probably wouldn't sign with us anyway. That is absolutely NOT a fair deal at all. I don't know where this supposed 'source' gets his info from, but that's completely and utterly laughable. Oh yeah, and on the point of Spezza not being a No 1 center, is probably the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Wow, this is just too funny...I don't even know why I bothered responding to this... 🇳🇴

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum