GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa-Florida rumor

+9
shabbs
PKC
SensGirl11
BigRig
Mojo
dennycrane
asq2
Acrobat
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:39 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I am not sure why they need a union. They seem to take advantage of the GMs at the negotiating table too. It is a joke.

It is a system that is out of touch with the rest of the world. Could you imagine telling your boss....

I am going to work here for 6 years no matter what and you are going to pay me for what I have the potential of doing, not what I have proven. Additionally when I have to go on the road I will require a suite because I have worked in the industry for 5 years. Also I will not be forced to work overtime or harder because of my lack of effort or else I will file a grievance with my union. Plus you are not allowed to transfer me anywhere else unless I say so. You cannot punish me for lack of performance or reassign me. Otherwise you will have to pay out a large percentage of my contract... we good? Now run and get me a coffee.

Sounds like a cushy government job. 8)

47Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Spezza was just on Hockeycentral at Noon and indicated his NTC kicks in on July 1st. So it is 2009 and nhlscap.com is wrong.

See my post above. It's a settled point.

48Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:Just to clarify, the person who told me the rumor was passing it on from what he had heard coming out of Florida. He didn't think there was much to it, just felt the need to tell me because he knows I am a Sens fan.

What he said about Spezza being a #2 center was his opinion, and he is a fan of Jason. I disagreed with him, but what can you do.

Now, if there was more to this trade, other than what I was told, then maybe I could believe it as well. Like if it was Jason Spezza + 2nd rnd pick for Jay Bouwmeester + Nathan Horton (who can also play center) then maybe you got a deal.

I am just posting things I hear, ridiculous or not. As I have already said, I disagreed with his opinions on Spezza as well as thought this trade rumor made no sense at all from many positions, much like all of you already know.

Now that would make much more sense, if there was a deal already in place for J-Bo.

Personally though, there are very few players I would trade Spezza for, we must build around him, not trade him.

49Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I agree about Spezza, but push come to shove and Murray needs to move someone, he is the most likely due to contract status.

A deal would certainly have to be in place before Bouwmeester was traded to Ottawa.

The Nathan Horton addition to the trade was my own speculation, if even that.

50Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 pm

when can JBO negotiate a new contract - was it Jan 1st? I think I remember hearing about that before - that there was no way anyone would trade for him unsigned, but once this date hit, the panthers could sign and trade, or whatever.

51Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:44 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:when can JBO negotiate a new contract - was it Jan 1st? I think I remember hearing about that before - that there was no way anyone would trade for him unsigned, but once this date hit, the panthers could sign and trade, or whatever.

That was when they were 13th in the East^^.

52Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 pm

but isn't there a date when he can negotiate a new contract?

53Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:but isn't there a date when he can negotiate a new contract?
Yeah - I think you have it right that they can only start negotiations on Jan. 1st for RFA's in their last year of a contract.

EDIT: Sorry - should be UFA - Bouwmeester will be a UFA not an RFA.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

54Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 pm

thought so.

55Ottawa-Florida rumor - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa-Florida rumor Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:thought so.
And I think they can talk to other teams on July 1st when he become a UFA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum