GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brennan: Heatley will be a Shark "in the next two days."

+33
COLLAR UP
TeamRenzo
notch_4077
TheAvatar
strachattack
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
4077notch
LeCaptain
spader
Acrobat
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
dennycrane
Vandelay
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
notch77
notch
notch4077
Sens19
BigRig
PTFlea
Flo The Action
beedub
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
shabbs
wprager
rooneypoo
37 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 39]

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently, Don Brennan is the new Eklund:

http://blog.canoe.ca/offtheposts/2009/08/04/another_48_hours#comments

Still, you have to think that if he's willing to report it like this, there must be a little something behind it... he is a newspaper reporter with a reputation to think about, after all.

Discuss!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To save others a click and a tab:

A league source said Tuesday in Toronto that Dany Heatley will be traded to the San Jose Sharks "in the next two days".
Stay tuned.

As much as I dislike Brennan, he's got more credibility than Eklund or Lee. That said, this is on the blog, not the front page of the sports section. And even then, that would be just the Sun. Still, a Sun writer's blog typically would have more veracity than Ek.

We'll see.

Is this a D4?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh man! That was so Eklund...

"Stay tuned"

"More to come"

Holy moly.

I guess we'll find out... in a couple of days.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow. Did he have lunch with Eklund yesterday? I only hope there is some truth to this. Has anyone noticed if they have removed Heatley from the front of SBP?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"A league source said Tuesday in Toronto ..."

Notice he didn't say "A league source from Toronto..."

Was Brennan in Toronto Tuesday? If not, then this is either hearsay or he talked on the phone or exchanged information electronically. In which case I really wonder if it is necessary to state where the source was located when he "spoke".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tell you what though, if this proves to not be true... he should get called out big time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:"A league source said Tuesday in Toronto ..."

Notice he didn't say "A league source from Toronto..."

Was Brennan in Toronto Tuesday? If not, then this is either hearsay or he talked on the phone or exchanged information electronically. In which case I really wonder if it is necessary to state where the source was located when he "spoke".

I don't know where the source was, but I'll bet Brennan was on a barstool when he wrote this.

Uh oh!

The Elliott signing along with Chrip's comment regarding even less info coming out of SBP than usual could be a sign that something is on the way.

Or not.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:The Elliott signing along with Chrip's comment regarding even less info coming out of SBP than usual could be a sign that something is on the way.

Or not.

Agreed.

If Heatley is to be a Shark in two days, then you would expect the Sharks to make a seperate deal in one days... Or not.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

It is sounding convincing, but interestingly will be how these guys pull this off.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sharks are going to have to dance with someone else at the same time in order to move salary.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Sharks are going to have to dance with someone else at the same time in order to move salary.
No doubt, not too mention they don't have much under contract at the moment either.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Unless it's Cheechoo who is one of the players coming this way....or not

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Sharks are going to have to dance with someone else at the same time in order to move salary.
No doubt, not too mention they don't have much under contract at the moment either.
Indeed. They are at the cap with 18 players signed. They are indeed in the worst position of all the teams rumoured to be part of this three-way.

In order for this to make sense for San Jose to acquire Heatley, they are going to have to get rid of over $10M in salary in order to have space for Heatley and to fill in their roster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 39]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum