GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brennan: Heatley will be a Shark "in the next two days."

+33
COLLAR UP
TeamRenzo
notch_4077
TheAvatar
strachattack
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
4077notch
LeCaptain
spader
Acrobat
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
dennycrane
Vandelay
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
notch77
notch
notch4077
Sens19
BigRig
PTFlea
Flo The Action
beedub
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
shabbs
wprager
rooneypoo
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 39]

We'll see what happens here. Brennan has def gone out on a limb stating this as fact, I hope it's true.

Don't care if San Jose is anywhere near getting below the cap personally, haha, not my problem.

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

the closer this gets to being done, the more nervous I get. I don't like the rumoured SJ names, I didn't like from day 1 and I don't like the rumoured Mtl involvement either because I'm not interested in whatever they're giving.

As for the Rangers if Murray can land us Staal + then this has been worth the wait but I doubt it

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
if it was hamrlik at 3.8 plus a top 6 foward + prospect/1st, yeah maybe. but it's hamrlik at 5.5 or halak(which we don't need) and 1 year of plekanek... am i missing something?

I personally think there's more to it. Like Halak and Plekanek to San Jose immediately for Michalek. However, we would need another team to absorb the difference in salary and get us back under the cap.

notch4077

Prospect
Prospect

shabbs wrote:
Guest wrote:CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER SIZE 22
SALARY CAP $56,800,000
PAYROLL $57,428,333
BONUSES $65,000
CAP SPACE $-563,333

Yes, this is exactly as we sit right now.

See you in January Mr. Smith.. Now get yourself ready for the playoffs now that you are off LTIR and we can fit you under the cap.
We're still over the cap in that scenario though... we could send Regin to Bingo (he's on a two-way after all) and we'd start the season with a 21-man roster having Schubert be the extra at both ends... and we'd be under the cap.

Brennan: Heatley will be a Shark "in the next two days." - Page 3 Iadiiaacb

Shabbs, I know it looks like that, but remember I said that Smith would be returning from LTIR in January, so he salary is actually off the books until he comes back.

Michhalek is the one guy I would want back in a trade for Heatley. That guy is good for 50 plus points every year, plays physical, and can step onto the 1st or 2nd line in Ottawa no problem.

I would say at this point since we are throwing out trade now, it will be Michhalek, Vlasic, and Couture coming back for Heatley and Schubert.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Michhalek is the one guy I would want back in a trade for Heatley. That guy is good for 50 plus points every year, plays physical, and can step onto the 1st or 2nd line in Ottawa no problem.

I would say at this point since we are throwing out trade now, it will be Michhalek, Vlasic, and Couture coming back for Heatley and Schubert.

I could definitely deal with that personally.

For sure we could, it helps in every aspect here in Ottawa and will help out Bingo as well.

Am I seeing a ghost?!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Michhalek is the one guy I would want back in a trade for Heatley. That guy is good for 50 plus points every year, plays physical, and can step onto the 1st or 2nd line in Ottawa no problem.

I could definitely deal with that personally.
Yes... that would be very nice. That will allow us to replace Heatley's point production via Kovalev and Michalek... gives us a nice young d-man who is "mature beyond his years" in Vlasic and a very promising prospect in Couture.

We'll see...

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Fine, I'll take that. As long as we don't get Cheechoo or Ehroff back. Now do you have Murray's phone number?? Razz

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah...I think this trade happens tonight or tomorrow afternoon. There feels like there's something up and Chirpie is starting to think it's done already.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has it been two days yet? Ahhhhh!

Im just so sick of talking about it, I want it to happen.

Brennan def put his name on the line with this one though. Big time.

I would think it would more likely be Picard/Campoli/Lee going in that scenario as opposed to Schubert.

I'd have no problem giving up Picard.

If you can add Vlasic, no issue's giving anyone up that isnt in the top 4 aside from our prospects.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
I would think it would more likely be Picard/Campoli/Lee going in that scenario as opposed to Schubert.

I'd have no problem giving up Picard.

Sorry Picard, but me neither. I like you a lot, I think you can be something special, but I can live with it if it means Vlasic coming back.

I CANNOT live with Campoli going however. Lee, I'd prefer not to give up on personally, but it's more in line with Picard. If it happens for Vlasic, then I'm okay.

Ehrhoff? Not sure how I feel about him. He's a fun D-man, but certainly nowhere near elite - or a number 1 D-man.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Lee and his two-way deal would be a nice fit for San Jose.

notch

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Lee and his two-way deal would be a nice fit for San Jose.

I don't want to give up yet. But we do have more hyped prospects for him waiting in the wings.

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Lee and his two-way deal would be a nice fit for San Jose.
LOL That's why I want to keep him over Picard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum