GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brennan: Heatley will be a Shark "in the next two days."

+33
COLLAR UP
TeamRenzo
notch_4077
TheAvatar
strachattack
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
4077notch
LeCaptain
spader
Acrobat
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
dennycrane
Vandelay
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
notch77
notch
notch4077
Sens19
BigRig
PTFlea
Flo The Action
beedub
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
shabbs
wprager
rooneypoo
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 39]

The Healthy scratches were saying Pavelski was a pretty good player too. They quoted Dan Boyle who said, when asked - 'Who is a player from San Jose that you didn't see much of when in the Eastern conference that surprised you with how good he was?'

Answer - Pavelski

I don't know much about him but that seems like a nice endorsement... thoughts?!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:I think you might want to read what Rooney and Hemlock had to say about this subject.

I'm swamped at work, can't really. Anyone have a short, one-paragraph Cole's notes?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Pavelski's never been mentioned because it's foolish for SJ to consider trading him. Very similarly so is Setoguchi.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:The Healthy scratches were saying Pavelski was a pretty good player too. They quoted Dan Boyle who said, when asked - 'Who is a player from San Jose that you didn't see much of when in the Eastern conference that surprised you with how good he was?'

Answer - Pavelski

I don't know much about him but that seems like a nice endorsement... thoughts?!

Love him, but like Setoguchi, he's not available no matter what.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SensChirp's 12:22 update suggests that if SJ doesn't commit, then Heatley will be faced with the cold reality of either playing in Ottawa or Edmonton. Ultimatum time.

Also reiterates the pending official PC of Roenick's retirement and a trade would put that in the shadows. Today should be all about JR.

Dash wrote:Pavelski's never been mentioned because it's foolish for SJ to consider trading him. Very similarly so is Setoguchi.

They have to give up something to get one of the top snipers in the game. They can't just say... uhh we don't like Cheechoo's contract so how 'bout him and a serviceable player?

Murray is not going to give him away for nothing.

Edmonton was ready to give up Cogliano, Penner and Smid before we paid $4M of his salary. The price has still gone up by that $4M payout IMO. Or show up at camp Heater or ruin your career Heater...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who gives a Diddle about JR? He's a great player, but what did he do for the Sharks? Play there 2 years?

Shouldn't Chicago or Phoenix get the honors of retiring him and having his press conference.

How dumb is this that it's 'San Jose's Press Conference'. Give me a break.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SJ might want him, but at the same time they cannot give away too much, or it is not advantageous to them. Wilson might want to do something or have to, but making the wrong move costs him his job, andn o move might be the same fate. Come to think of it, there may not be a way for him to make it past the year.

Bryan Murray could easily be asking for a 1st, Couture, McGinn, Setoguchi and Pavelski... why not right? No way SJ would do this.

They either have to move 2-3 players at 2-4 million each (Cheechoo, Clowe, Michalek), or move 1 very big contract (Marleau) and a smaller one to accommodate Heatley. Ottawa probably does not want toi replace Heatley's contract with an eaul one, so that is where finding a third team comes in nd makes it tricky. And SJ cannot give up 2-4 roster players, replacing with one, and also not give up prospects. They have to fill the holes somehow.

notch_4077

Prospect
Prospect

Heatley is not going to San Jose in my opinion.

He is here until the trade deadline and then it depends if we are in the playoffs or out.

In - he is gone on draft day 2010.
Out - he is gone to a team with many prospects and a playoff chance. LA maybe, I see them as a playoff team this year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Who gives a Diddle about JR? He's a great player, but what did he do for the Sharks? Play there 2 years?

Shouldn't Chicago or Phoenix get the honors of retiring him and having his press conference.

My sentiments exactly. A lot of this is just more self-agrandizing from JR anyway.

He won't be missed.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:SensChirp is reporting that Edmonton may be back in the mix...

If they are its because the heatley camp knows something wont work out with SJ. If they are I hope the deal gets restructured a little.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

My sentiments exactly. A lot of this is just more self-agrandizing from JR anyway.

He won't be missed.

Even if he will be missed - and he will - why SJ? Chicago is where the PC should be. Excuses, excuses, excuses from Wilson.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:I think you might want to read what Rooney and Hemlock had to say about this subject.

I'm swamped at work, can't really. Anyone have a short, one-paragraph Cole's notes?

Have a peek>

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/bryan-murray-vs-dany-heatley-who-blinks-first-t2542-675.htm#88391

SpezDispenser wrote:Who gives a Diddle about JR? He's a great player, but what did he do for the Sharks? Play there 2 years?

Or Philly for that matter.

notch_4077

Prospect
Prospect

Dash wrote:SensChirp's 12:22 update suggests that if SJ doesn't commit, then Heatley will be faced with the cold reality of either playing in Ottawa or Edmonton. Ultimatum time.

Also reiterates the pending official PC of Roenick's retirement and a trade would put that in the shadows. Today should be all about JR.

Who is Sens Chirp? I take it he is the Eklund of just Ottawa. No one hears actual rumors out of Ottawa as no accurate info is ever released from Sens Brass.

I think putting anything on hold for a JR press conference in San Jose is just silly. He was there for 2 years at the end of his career, brought in for character etc... That would be like us putting the trade on hold for a Luke Richardson retirement press conference. No offence to Luke but come on.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has anyone won the Smeat-stakes yet?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:I think putting anything on hold for a JR press conference in San Jose is just silly. He was there for 2 years at the end of his career, brought in for character etc... That would be like us putting the trade on hold for a Luke Richardson retirement press conference. No offence to Luke but come on.

Well, with Wilson actually speaking right now, it be hard to make a deal or announce it, so it's not so silly. He gave a really good speech and Pavelski and Setoguchi are there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum