GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A rumour is still a rumour - even if it is Eklund

+13
Phoenix30
Vandelay
jamvan
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Sens19
TheAvatar
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hayden
SensGirl11
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:NOT Cheechoo. He is San Jose's problem. Underperforming and not worth the contract is far different from wanting out but still capable of performing at a high level (when motivated)

Dude...Setoguchi is worth taking Cheechoo.

Totally worth it. We can then flip him to Phoenix.

Does Cheechoo have an NMC or NTC?

You can forget about flipping Choochoo anywhere, though. Come to think of it we should really get conditional picks based on whether we can re-sign Setoguchi.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:NOT Cheechoo. He is San Jose's problem. Underperforming and not worth the contract is far different from wanting out but still capable of performing at a high level (when motivated)

You can forget about flipping Choochoo anywhere, though. Come to think of it we should really get conditional picks based on whether we can re-sign Setoguchi.

Phoenix loves to take these guys on though, you never know. Maybe we can.

When is he up for re-neg?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Phoenix loves to take these guys on though, you never know. Maybe we can.

When is he up for re-neg?

We'd be stuck with that piece of garbage for 2 seasons.

Cheechoo would have to be a guy who is given an audition with Spezza and then discarded is he doesn't return to form. He would not add value to a third or fourth line. You would have to move him out.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:Cheechoo would have to be a guy who is given an audition with Spezza and then discarded is he doesn't return to form. He would not add value to a third or fourth line. You would have to move him out.

Good luck with that.

TheAvatar wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Cheechoo would have to be a guy who is given an audition with Spezza and then discarded is he doesn't return to form. He would not add value to a third or fourth line. You would have to move him out.

Good luck with that.

Tha's why I DON'T want him but if we got Setoguchi and a decent prospect maybe we have to take a project (aka garbage) back? I wouldn't want to but I think Penner may have been that unless Murray thought he could revitalize him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When's the last time Murray made a deal that we all (except N4L) saw coming a mile away?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:When's the last time Murray made a deal that we all (except N4L) saw coming a mile away?
Exactly. Almost every single move made by Murray has come from out of left field.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:When's the last time Murray made a deal that we all (except N4L) saw coming a mile away?
Exactly. Almost every single move made by Murray has come from out of left field.

That's actually the most reassuring thing I've read all day Smile

I call Heatley to Carolina! j/k

EDIT: Where is N4L anyway? I thought he would be all over the Spezza wedding... He doesn't deserve her... I thought he was gay... She is just a beard...

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Any SJ deal better include Seto and no CheeChoo. Also, Logan Couture wouldn't be bad, what does everyone think about him?

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

Nothing, no.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good luck not taking on Cheechoo in a SJ trade. He's not poison guys, you're treating him as if he's pure Dung. He had that one freak season, then the subsequent seasons he battled through injury. Last year was a horrific year for him though - and I can see where a chance of scenery could help him big time.

Plus, he works his arse off every shift - and off the ice as well. If there was ever a reclamation project to get in on, it's Cheechoo, not Fat Penner (who may also be a fun project, but a little costlier and a longer term).

The fact that you're getting Seto as well is purely a plus.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cheechoo in a SJS deal would be the equivalent of Penner in the EDM deal. A cap and problem clearing. Space filler. Crap. A concession to the fact that Heatley put us in an impossible spot. Of course we're not gong to like it, but that's the way it is.

ANyway, I think the dynamics of what BM is looking for in return have probably changed since the Kovalev signing. Hopefully, we've moved from looking for 3 roster players, to 1 legitimate top 6-er plus youth/prospects/picks.

So, Michalek/Clowe + Couture/McGinn. Something like that. I think Setoguchi highly unlikely.

SJS is out of the running for Heatley, tho', if they can't move Marleau or both Ehrhoff and Cheechoo. End of story.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:

I call Heatley to Carolina! j/k

EDIT: Where is N4L anyway? I thought he would be all over the Spezza wedding... He doesn't deserve her... I thought he was gay... She is just a beard...

I think he is in tears because he wanted spezza for himself, it's been a hidden fact that N4L has loved Spezza since we picked him back in 2001 or so, it was love at 2nd pick overall Laughing3 Note to all, this is not true, just having a lot of fun on a Monday Laughing3

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Good luck not taking on Cheechoo in a SJ trade. He's not poison guys, you're treating him as if he's pure Dung. He had that one freak season, then the subsequent seasons he battled through injury. Last year was a horrific year for him though - and I can see where a chance of scenery could help him big time.

Plus, he works his arse off every shift - and off the ice as well. If there was ever a reclamation project to get in on, it's Cheechoo, not Fat Penner (who may also be a fun project, but a little costlier and a longer term).

He's not very good anymore either SD and nowhere worth $3 million. I'd rather Penner than Cheechoo any day of the week.

It's still going to be Michalek, Erhoff and another salaried player; IF it goes down.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Good luck not taking on Cheechoo in a SJ trade. He's not poison guys, you're treating him as if he's pure Dung. He had that one freak season, then the subsequent seasons he battled through injury. Last year was a horrific year for him though - and I can see where a chance of scenery could help him big time.

Having a player with a nickname like "Seto" is a big minus. "Gooch" is the way to go, just like the bully in Diff'rent Strokes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
He's not very good anymore either SD and nowhere worth $3 million. I'd rather Penner than Cheechoo any day of the week.

It's still going to be Michalek, Erhoff and another salaried player; IF it goes down.

That would be fantastic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum