GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ek Rumour so take it for what you will...

+8
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
asq2
beerandsens
Urkie
Jordo
rooneypoo
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Ek Rumour so take it for what you will... Empty Ek Rumour so take it for what you will... Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Heatley to Columbus E4.

With the new scroll thingy I can't link so here it is...

""I had this a few hours ago "off the record" but now I am hearing from various sources that a deal may be in place that would send Heatley to Columbus. Apparently, Rick Nash (who has some strong international history playing with Heatley) is pushing for this. Possible players that could be heading to Ottawa include Filotov, Brassard, and Huselius. I am also hearing the Oilers are in on Heatley as well.""

I would do Heatley for Filitov straight up. I wish I could punch Eklund in his face.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Heatley to Columbus E4.

""I had this a few hours ago "off the record" but now I am hearing from various sources that a deal may be in place that would send Heatley to Columbus. Apparently, Rick Nash (who has some strong international history playing with Heatley) is pushing for this. Possible players that could be heading to Ottawa include Filotov, Brassard, and Huselius. I am also hearing the Oilers are in on Heatley as well.""

For what's it's worth, Senschirp is also reporting talks between OTT and CLB.

Strange. EDM is saying it's still interested, reports of SJ's interest keep coming up, ditto for COL, and now CLB? It seems that interest in Heatley has gone UP after the first flurry of UFAs, which would have been predictable if not for all of his stunts.

Maybe we'll get something close to fair value after all.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Filatov + 1st

If we got Filatov plus a 1st I would go insnae.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Heatley to Columbus E4.

For what's it's worth, Senschirp is also reporting talks between OTT and CLB.

Strange. EDM is saying it's still interested, reports of SJ's interest keep coming up, ditto for COL, and now CLB? It seems that interest in Heatley has gone UP after the first flurry of UFAs, which would have been predictable if not for all of his stunts.

Maybe we'll get something close to fair value after all.

Yep, Murray might as well wait it out and see who offers the most for him.

But after everything Heatley did I did not expect teams to want him very much. This comes as a bit of a surprise.

I like Brassard and Filatov... Huselius not so much.

At this point I would just like Heatley to allow the team to move on.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Not only are there teams who missed out on UFA signings (including Kovalev) but now we're not dealing from the very weak position we were in prior to Kovy's signing.

Nope, Murray has done a great job here. Couldnt be happier with him at this point.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:If we got Filatov plus a 1st I would go insnae.

After how close Penner, Cogliano and Smid was to being the deal, if we got Filatov on his own I would go insane.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would too but it's one of those times where it just seems too good to be true.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I like Brassard and Filatov... Huselius not so much.

At this point I would just like Heatley to allow the team to move on.

Huselius would be a cap dump, ala Penner.

I think I would have to do Heatley for Huselius + Filatov, even with the Russian factor.

In the Sens org, Filatov would be basically the prospect with the highest point ceiling to come around since, well, Spezza. Hell, a lot of people were saying that, if he wasn't Russian, he would have went first overall last year -- ahead of Stamkos and Doughty.

It isnt going to happen anyways, but good discussion.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

I would too but it's one of those times where it just seems too good to be true.

I agree. But I want Filatov! No raining on my parade.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Filatov straight up with Heatley, I don't even have the time to blink that the papers are signed.

Unfortunately, the rumour has already been denied by Howson :^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum