GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ek Rumour so take it for what you will...

+8
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
asq2
beerandsens
Urkie
Jordo
rooneypoo
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

It isnt going to happen anyways, but good discussion.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If we got Filatov plus a 1st I would go insnae.

I would too but it's one of those times where it just seems too good to be true.

I agree. But I want Filatov! No raining on my parade.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Filatov straight up with Heatley, I don't even have the time to blink that the papers are signed.

Unfortunately, the rumour has already been denied by Howson :^^^^:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...that's just a cruel rumour. If anything it would be Huselius and Modin (we'd fight for Umberger, but I doubt it) or Torres. I can't see Columbus giving up any of Vorachek, Brassard or Filatov. It doesn't make sense.

I love Scotty Howsen though, he's become quite the trading partner for Murray.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:It isnt going to happen anyways, but good discussion.

Oh, I agree.

At least with this rumour, tho', the return makes sense from an organizational point of view. Of course, potential franchise players always makes sense for any organization, but OTT needs young scoring wingers like nobody's business.

I like guys like Regin, Z. Smith, and Zubov, but they're the best we have in the terms of scoring prospects and, with the exception of maybe Regin, they're going to have a hard time being permanent top 6ers. Filatov fits the bill precisely in terms of what this team needs -- and what, only two months ago, we would have had a right to respect in return for Heatley.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Filatov straight up with Heatley, I don't even have the time to blink that the papers are signed.

The rumour is nonsense, but if it was true, he wouldn't admit it after the NTC BS that Heatley has done the last couple of days. If we work it out, then I'll comment. For now:

"it's completely untrue, we haven't had any discussions of any sort with the Ottawa Senators."

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh...that's just a cruel rumour. If anything it would be Huselius and Modin (we'd fight for Umberger, but I doubt it) or Torres. I can't see Columbus giving up any of Vorachek, Brassard or Filatov. It doesn't make sense.

I love Scotty Howsen though, he's become quite the trading partner for Murray.

Those aren't at all tempting offers, tho'. I'd still take Cogliano, straight up, over either combo.

Can't see CLB moving Umberger. They're starved for centers. The only two guys behind him at that position are Vermette and Brassard.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Filatov straight up with Heatley, I don't even have the time to blink that the papers are signed.

Not that I find this at all surprising but...

Source? What'd he say, exactly?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Those aren't at all tempting offers, tho'. I'd still take Cogliano, straight up, over either combo.

Can't see CLB moving Umberger. They're starved for centers. The only two guys behind him at that position are Vermette and Brassard.

Not really, no. I don't mind Huselius, if he was in there for salary and aesthetics. But as a centerpiece? Nah. You have to give us Vorachek at the least.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

The rumour is nonsense, but if it was true, he wouldn't admit it after the NTC BS that Heatley has done the last couple of days. If we work it out, then I'll comment. For now:

"it's completely untrue, we haven't had any discussions of any sort with the Ottawa Senators."

Geez.....the rumor only came out an hour or so ago.

Where did Howson say this?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I don't know, just read on HF that:

"On the Columbus rumour. Both Brownlee and Gregor say (in the comments
section over at OilNation) they checked with it sounds like Howson
himself and he said the rumour is 100% bogus."

marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Howson saying that is about as believable as the actual rumor.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Howson saying that is about as believable as the actual rumor.

Which would be pretty weird actually, a bogus rumour with a bogus denial.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

From what I understood, I didn't think he meant all three of them for Heatley, but rather, packages where they were the centre pieces, and then they'd add on around that.

Personally, I'd love Brassard, Goloubef, and I'd love Vermette back. But I could see us getting a little more salary in the form of Modin, or possibly even Huselius, who was drafted by Murray. I could see Filatov as being untouchable though. He's a highly skilled Russian that wants to be in North America, and already speaks English.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This is a rumor that actually even makes sense. Whether people want to believe it or not, the Blue Jackets are a franchise headed towards perennial playoff appearances. They just signed their superstar captain to an 8 year extension, they have one of the best young goaltenders in the world, and they have oodles of elite prospects coming up to go with what seems like a great mix of veterans and role players...plus they have one of the best coaches in the NHL.

That's a team that's big time on the upswing, and Heatley is familiar with both Nash and Vermette as well as Wang. I don't think this rumour can be that easily dismissed.

Couple all that information with the fact that Howson could be looking for another gamebreaker to play with Nash to put them over the top in a TOUGH division, plus the insane amount of cap space they have with few roster spots left to fill and you could be looking at a PERFECT match for these two teams.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:This is a rumor that actually even makes sense. Whether people want to believe it or not, the Blue Jackets are a franchise headed towards perennial playoff appearances. They just signed their superstar captain to an 8 year extension, they have one of the best young goaltenders in the world, and they have oodles of elite prospects coming up to go with what seems like a great mix of veterans and role players...plus they have one of the best coaches in the NHL.

That's a team that's big time on the upswing, and Heatley is familiar with both Nash and Vermette as well as Wang. I don't think this rumour can be that easily dismissed.

Couple all that information with the fact that Howson could be looking for another gamebreaker to play with Nash to put them over the top in a TOUGH division, plus the insane amount of cap space they have with few roster spots left to fill and you could be looking at a PERFECT match for these two teams.

If CLB was going to make this kind of move for anyone, it should have been Pronger or someone of that ilk. That team needs a #1 D more than just about anyone in the league -- and, yes, even more so than they need a Heatley.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:This is a rumor that actually even makes sense. Whether people want to believe it or not, the Blue Jackets are a franchise headed towards perennial playoff appearances. They just signed their superstar captain to an 8 year extension, they have one of the best young goaltenders in the world, and they have oodles of elite prospects coming up to go with what seems like a great mix of veterans and role players...plus they have one of the best coaches in the NHL.

That's a team that's big time on the upswing, and Heatley is familiar with Wang. I don't think this rumour can be that easily dismissed.

Laughing3

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Also, our friend K. Lee is reporting that he heard the Columbus rumor and the return would most likely be Huselius, Brassard and Filatov.

That seems like almost too much for Heatley after what Edmonton offered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum