GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ek Rumour so take it for what you will...

+8
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
asq2
beerandsens
Urkie
Jordo
rooneypoo
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Im totally convinced that this CBJ stuff is total and utter BS. It doesnt make sense for them to do this...

I think it's legit, but I maintain that Murray will not want to pull the trigger on it. Heatley's just became all the more valuable to us. :^^^^: (idiot)

But...if it does, I can totally see:

Heatley + Smith

for

Filatov/Voracek and Huselius

And that to me, is a sexy trade.

I just dont see Clb being that stupid. Unless Nash is just begging for him then it will not happen.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Heatley would help any team, but CLB def needs help on their blueline more than anything.

Anyways, I this is apparently being shot down everywhere that is legit.

Id rather have Falitov, Brassard then Heatley. So would most GM's.

Yeah, strangely enough, CLB needs help at every position other than wing (OK, and G too). D first, C second.

What if our offer is Heatley + Smith + Picard/Lee? Still not enough D help?

I would say for that package A Train would have to be going back.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Then it's a NO!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I would say for that package A Train would have to be going back.

CLB needs a PP guy more than anything else on the backend. After Russell, they're icing guys like Commodore and Tyutin on the PP, which is sad, really.

Everyone can use a Volchenkov, granted, but I think their greater need is for a PP QB / puck moving D.

You kidding me, with how deep our blueline is, I would give up A train and Heatley in a second for Brassard, Faltiov, and w/e else.

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I would say for that package A Train would have to be going back.

CLB needs a PP guy more than anything else on the backend. After Russell, they're icing guys like Commodore and Tyutin on the PP, which is sad, really.

Everyone can use a Volchenkov, granted, but I think their greater need is for a PP QB / puck moving D.

I think Russel will be able to do the job... who knows, I think this is all BS anyways.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I just dont see Clb being that stupid. Unless Nash is just begging for him then it will not happen.

What are you talking about? What is Voracek and Filatov's ceiling? You
have to remember, it will probably be 3 or 4 years before these guys
start hitting the numbers people expect them to. And even then, will
there be any 50 goal, 100 point seasons coming? Do these guys have that
type of skill to eventually consistently put up those seasons?

Or do the Blue Jackets go with the guaranteed results and fast track some success a bit?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I just dont see Clb being that stupid. Unless Nash is just begging for him then it will not happen.

Or do the Blue Jackets go with the guaranteed results and fast track some success a bit?

Dobber puts Filatov's LTU (Long-term upside) at 100, and Voracek's at 90. Two studs in the making, for sure, but, yeah, one bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as the saying goes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wait wait, I think it would be:

Voracek and Huselius

for

Heatley

Not both Voracek and Filatov. That would never happen.

PKC wrote:

I think Filatov can hit 100 pts for sure. Prob close to 45-50 goals too. This kid is no joke. Dominating to say the least.

SpezDispenser wrote:Wait wait, I think it would be:

Voracek and Huselius

for

Heatley

That's way more likely. I cant see Columbus giving up Filatov. That would have been like Detroit giving up Zetterberg because they have Datsyuk.

If Clb ever gave up that kid, they would have no shot at winning anything, ever. Thats how dumb of a move it would be.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:

Voracek and Huselius

for

Heatley

That's way more likely. I cant see Columbus giving up Filatov. That would have been like Detroit giving up Zetterberg because they have Datsyuk.

If Clb ever gave up that kid, they would have no shot at winning anything, ever. Thats how dumb of a move it would be.

That's still a pretty good deal. Voracek is a another legitimate stud, and he appears to be more NHL ready now.

Still need a little more money going to CLB, tho'. Give them one D (they only have five signed): preferably Smith, but one of Lee/Picard if we must.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Voracek and Huselius

for

Heatley

That's still a pretty good deal. Voracek is a another legitimate stud, and he appears to be more NHL ready now.

Still need a little more money going to CLB, tho'. Give them one D (they only have five signed): preferably Smith, but one of Lee/Picard if we must.

A lot of talk that Murray is peddling Smith, Schubert and Picard to anyone who'll take them.

He will be a solid NHLer for sure, but no shot The Jackets are giving up Filatov.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:

Dobber puts Filatov's LTU (Long-term upside) at 100, and Voracek's at 90. Two studs in the making, for sure, but, yeah, one bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as the saying goes.

No kidding. Damn, those guys are going to be sizzling if they reach that potential. Although at this point, that's all it is: potential. Which is what every other GM sees it as too. I'm not saying they won't reach their potential: but if you were the GM of a club in a super tough division, would you take potential or the sure thing?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:He will be a solid NHLer for sure, but no shot The Jackets are giving up Filatov.

I would be more than happy with Voracek.

Heatley + Smith/Lee/Picard
for
Voracek + Huselius + a pick (2nd rounder?)

is a deal that makes a lot of sense for both teams. CLB gets a signed star with proven chemistry with Nash, ready to go now, plus one of Smith, Lee, or Picard (and they need at least one D right now -- Smith helps them short term, Lee/Picard long term).

OTT, meanwhile, gets a decent replacement / 2nd liner in Huselius (who I don't really like, but whatever) + a slam-dunk prospect in Voracek who is ready to play now and who looks like he will help replace Heatley's offence long terms, plus another small piece (like a 2nd rounder) in compensation for the fact that we're giving up the best player in the deal.

On paper, not a bad fit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum