GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens)

+30
Hockeyhero22000
BigRig
shabbs
mattshock
strachattack
Snuh
Amnesia021
Jordo
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
spader
jawal
jamvan
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
PKC
Tuk Tuk
asq2
SDH89
Hobiesens
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 23]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Thanks for all of that guys. LEhner sounds awesome.
Vermette for LEclaire and Lehner is potentially the best trade in Sens history.

jawal

Rookie
Rookie

cas wrote:Zach Smith just had one hell of a scrap

Thanks for all the commentary. I was out all evening but your coverage supplemented by a few others was great.

Thanks!2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 7 301182

Regin was easily the most poised player on the ice, he just oozes potential. Lehner is going to be very, very good a few years down the line if he has normal progression. Karlsson needs some experience, if he is in Ottawa this year he will need to play with a solid vet. O'Brien looks to be a future 3rd liner, who will kill penalties. Overall, the lineup played fairly physical and there seems to be quite a few above average skaters in the group.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It was still the 1st game, and most of those guys never played together before..
Karlsson's rocket will be so needed in OTtawa this year.

EDIT: Some people on HFBoards say Regin was the best player for both teams tonight. Cas didn't sound too impressed Shrug

jawal wrote:
cas wrote:Zach Smith just had one hell of a scrap

Thanks for all the commentary. I was out all evening but your coverage supplemented by a few others was great.

Thanks!2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 7 301182

np Smile

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Just returned from the game and was really impressed with the play of Lehner, Regin and Karlsson. All had fantastic games. Unfortunately the same could not be said for O'brien who looked disinterested and couldnt make a pass to save his life.

Highlight of the night aside from the 5 fights was seeing former leafs gm JFJ tryin to balance 3 coffees. Anyone know what he team he now works with?

Yeah the passing wasn't exactly crisp tonight...

marakh wrote:It was still the 1st game, and most of those guys never played together before..

EDIT: Some people on HFBoards say Regin was the best player for both teams tonight. Cas didn't sound too impressed Shrug

Easily, not counting Lehner of course.

Anyone else notice that Karlsson really doesn't look that small. I don't think it will be his size that keeps him off the Sens roster this year if he doesn't stick.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:Anyone else notice that Karlsson really doesn't look that small. I don't think it will be his size that keeps him off the Sens roster this year if he doesn't stick.

I thought the same thing too. He was alot bigger then i expected and aside from gambling a little to often in the neutral zone, played a good postional game.

1 guy who did look small was Brett Parnham who is listed 5'9 but i doubt hes that big. The size didnt stop him from getting into a fight although i think he dislocated his shoulder.

marakh wrote:It was still the 1st game, and most of those guys never played together before..

He wasn't great in the 1st period... After he got his assist on Karlsson's goal, he really started to pick it up. I wasn't overly impressed and he's got a lot of work to do before he can be an NHL regular.

He has some fine qualities as a player, but I think there are too many people watching him with Zetterberg coloured glasses on :##: if you catch my drift

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fun to watch some competitive hockey. Ahhhhh!

Liked Wharton a lot, thought he might have some potential. Svensson is awesome, what a fun little speedy player. Condra looked great until he got the 2 straight PPs. O'Brien was pretty good, nothing special, but good.

Karlsson is a PP beast, wow, that kid can slow down the play, move the puck and smoke it. Kinrade is an excellent player as well. Some of Regin's moves, still-handling and passes were ridiculous, if he can continue to develop his senses at all times, he'll be a very productive 2 way forward. Hoffman's a sniper too, he'll need to develop more, but he has the knack of being at the right place at the right time.

Really impressed with Lehner. Really impressed. Wow. :****:

Some guys obviously aren't gonna make it from that squad, but we have a few nice little pieces there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A nice write-up on the game from the BlackAces:
http://jeremymilks.blogspot.com/2009/09/sens-rookies-and-old-hasek-stories.html

Main camp starts this weekend. First exhibition game next Tuesday (will be on Rogers).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Folks, especially cas, thanks so much for the info. One of the drawbacks of living in Korea is the fact that there's absolutely no hope of me seeing these games.

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 7 472966 Keep the PBP coming for the rest of the tourney. (pretty please)

cas wrote:

He wasn't great in the 1st period... After he got his assist on Karlsson's goal, he really started to pick it up. I wasn't overly impressed and he's got a lot of work to do before he can be an NHL regular.

He has some fine qualities as a player, but I think there are too many people watching him with Zetterberg coloured glasses on :##: if you catch my drift
That is a little crazy. I would say his top end potential is as a 2nd line centre with excellent defensive awareness and a top end faceoff guy.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:Folks, especially cas, thanks so much for the info. One of the drawbacks of living in Korea is the fact that there's absolutely no hope of me seeing these games.

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 7 472966 Keep the PBP coming for the rest of the tourney. (pretty please)
I feel your pain!  When I mention hockey in Brasil, they think I'm talking about Rock music (words starting with R are pronounced with an H sound in Portuguese)...anyway, the play by play was great...wish I could find some highlights somewhere...especially EK's blast and Smith's fight.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ya, that would be terrific. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll have to settle for cas and the rest of the crew offering notes.

Also, wow, Brazil. Good on ya.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So the Sens rookies beat the Pens rookies. Woohoo. Seriously though it's all good and nice to hear that Karlsson is doing well and that there are some rookies that have a legitimate shot at pushing for roster spots.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum