GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where?

+27
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
Havlat9
dennycrane
Sp00nz
Vandelay
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
Hayden
jamvan
Acrobat
ddt
beerandsens
shield4life
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
PKC
Mojo
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

How Will the Summer '09 Free Agent and Trade Market Be?

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_lcap21%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 35]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray on Sportcenter tonight with Brent Wallace. Oh oh. Smile

Dash wrote:IF Heatley wants out, as we know he does, and he s forced to play, he will be playing for his new career. The better he does, the better his chances of moving are, and the better the return for Murray and Ottawa.

Plus, he'll have to answer to Neil and Smith in the lockeroom, among others, if he acts out.
What you say seems rational, BUT Heatley is Diddle in the head, he will either holdout or sulk and play like crap. His character tells me he is not the type of person to step up to challenges. He has shown time and again, he would rather run away than step up to a challenge.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

what time?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:what time?

Dunno yet. Should be must see TV though.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Murray on Sportcenter tonight with Brent Wallace. Oh oh. Smile

ugh, and Heatley will still be a Senator at that time tonight and going forward, unless something changes quick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we sign someone today? Please? Tanguay? Someone cool?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Can we sign someone today? Please? Tanguay? Someone cool?

not Comrie I guess eh, unless it was 2 million or less.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why 2 million or less? We can still move contracts out with our 2000 bottom players.

Get someone Murray!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Why 2 million or less? We can still move contracts out with our 2000 bottom players.

Get someone Murray!

who's left at this point? The B side talent, would have loved to see Havlat back here.

Edit Saku Koivu surprisingly is still available I believe, not the top 6 answer we are looking for though. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Saku Koivu is a top-6 player, but I'm pretty sure it'll be for the Minnesota Wild.

Actually, they're shaping up pretty nicely up front. Havlat, Bouchard, Brunette, Nolan, Miettinen, Sheppard and potentially the Koivus.

Should be an interesting year in the North-West. Even Colorado looks better with an improved goal-tending situation, Matt Duchene and a healthier Paul Stastny.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Saku Koivu is a top-6 player, but I'm pretty sure it'll be for the Minnesota Wild.

Actually, they're shaping up pretty nicely up front. Havlat, Bouchard, Brunette, Nolan, Miettinen, Sheppard and potentially the Koivus.

Should be an interesting year in the North-West. Even Colorado looks better with an improved goal-tending situation, Matt Duchene and a healthier Paul Stastny.

I guess that was kind of what I was hinting towards, he won't come to Ottawa, and frankly, I don't see anyone coming in terms of FA's

Why would they? You would have to be brain dead or beyond desperate to come here. At this point, Atlanta is a better choice.

Until the whole Heatley situation is sorted out and certain players in Ottawa can prove they can lead a team, the basement is where The Sens will be.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know. I'm not as optimistic as Prags, but I don't think we're going to be terrible next season.

Not bad enough to land a top-3 pick.

We're probably staying in the top-10 though, depending on the return for Heatley (and if he's traded).

If we are not in the top 10 next year I would be shocked.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I don't know. I'm not as optimistic as Prags, but I don't think we're going to be terrible next season.

Not bad enough to land a top-3 pick.

We're probably staying in the top-10 though, depending on the return for Heatley (and if he's traded).

we will be a middling team at best, but that is due more to Clouston's coaching effectiveness and our young guys will play surprisingly well.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The frustrating thing for me is that I don't get a sense of what direction this team is wanting to take. Are we re-building, or trying to compete?

Murray's moves haven't really given me a sense of either direction. In the end, I can only see this team being mediocre.

Honestly I don't think we are any better than TO. Maybe we are better than the Islanders but I'm not sure. I think the Thrashers may pass us with the addition of Antropov and Kubina. I do expect Montreal to fall out of the playoffs but I don't see them being as bad as us. So having said that Bottom 3 in the conference for sure with today's roster.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:The frustrating thing for me is that I don't get a sense of what direction this team is wanting to take. Are we re-building, or trying to compete?

Murray's moves haven't really given me a sense of either direction. In the end, I can only see this team being mediocre.

I don't think Murray knows either, he figured Heatley would have been dealt by now I figure, then he would have been able to go on with his game plan as normal, now Heatley is still here, Murray has missed the big ticket UFA's, and we are stuck with a line up that still could be without a top line scorer if Heatley does get moved or if he holds out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum