GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where?

+27
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
Havlat9
dennycrane
Sp00nz
Vandelay
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
Hayden
jamvan
Acrobat
ddt
beerandsens
shield4life
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
PKC
Mojo
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

How Will the Summer '09 Free Agent and Trade Market Be?

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_lcap21%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 35]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:
davetherave wrote:
marakh wrote:Confirmed.

With Nik gone, this presumedly means a Cris Huet-Antti Niemi (just re-signed) tandem next year...

Scotty Bowman is said to be very strong on Niemi, a Finnish goaltender in his mid-20s. If he's got the skills of Finnish goalies like Kipper, Rinne, et al...could be good news.

But look for Chicago to work on tightening up defensively as well...Hossa and Kopecky will compliment that approach given their two-way skill.

I'm a little disappointed on this move. I not a huet fan ... he can't bring you to the cup .... i hope someone comes through the ranks .... :p

This new tandem could work out...assuming that it is Huet-Niemi. Huet was solid last year, and spectacular in that last playoff game against the Wings.

I have never been a Huet-basher...not when he was a Hab, nor as a Cap, nor as a Hawk.

It's a long way to next spring...so who knows.

As to your comment...we heard Fleury couldn't win a Cup. I remember when Osgood was called 'washed up'.

Predicting how goalies will work out is very difficult.

We shall see.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Scott Clemmensen has signed with the Panthers.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

Clemmenson signs if florida 3 years 3.6M

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Leafs and Oilers have offered Chris Neil a contract.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

rds reports laperrier signs with the flyers 3 years 3.5M

how they are going to make this work cap wise i don't know

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:rds reports laperrier signs with the flyers 3 years 3.5M

Holy crap, according to my notes, philly's outta cash ... they must have bruiere on the move!

Shrug

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:rds reports laperrier signs with the flyers 3 years 3.5M

how they are going to make this work cap wise i don't know

HH, the teams have all summer to work out their cap situation...so they can go over the cap for the time being.

PS the Habs just signed Hal Gill away from the Pens.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

WTF is Murray working today?

that kaberle for armstrong deal never went through right guys?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

and the pens sign Mike rupp 825K a year for 2 years

Sens4thecup wrote:WTF is Murray working today?

lol sens!

Facepalm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I guess Heatley found another way to screw us! Bastard.

Florida now has a payroll of 50M. That team better make the playoffs this year.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sens4thecup wrote:WTF is Murray working today?

We signed Martin St. Pierre and Erik Condra today.

That's probably a day for Murray. Sarcasm Crying

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:and the pens sign Mike rupp 825K a year for 2 years

Good move by Ray Shero...Rupp is one mean mutha who can play.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ESPN's Scott Burnside's quick take on an Oily Bulin Wall:

BURNSIDE'S INSTANT ANALYSIS ON KHABIBULIN SIGNING: It didn't take long for the Edmonton Oilers to replace veteran netminder Dwayne Roloson, who bolted for Long Island on Wednesday, as they locked up former Stanley Cup champion Nikolai Khabibulin after the free agent couldn't come to an agreement with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Khabibulin, who battled inconsistency and injury during his four seasons in Chicago, had a strong 2008-09 campaign for the Blackhawks, leading them to the Western Conference finals for the first time since 1996.

The Oilers may finally be set in goal, but they still lack the impact scorer they've coveted for the past couple of seasons. Another former target, Marian Hossa, signed a 12-year deal with Chicago earlier this afternoon as top players continue to leave the market.

If the Oilers can complete the deal for Dany Heatley that stalled late Tuesday night, they will be in a much better position than when they finished the regular season -- with a proven scorer and a solid number-one netminder. But there's still work to be done in the Oil Patch.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

what happened with havlat to L.A? Was that ever confirmed? (sorry, just got in)

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:what happened with havlat to L.A? Was that ever confirmed? (sorry, just got in)

Nothing on my radar screen...

But you can check in with the MaxHockey live blog...some pretty good input from variety of hockey journos:

http://www.maxhockey.com/Freeagents/Freeagents_070109.php

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum