GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where?

+27
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
Havlat9
dennycrane
Sp00nz
Vandelay
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
Hayden
jamvan
Acrobat
ddt
beerandsens
shield4life
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
PKC
Mojo
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

How Will the Summer '09 Free Agent and Trade Market Be?

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_lcap21%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 35]

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:All that hype, and there was hardly any trades .... diddles!

the only big one being Pronger, and what other team out there would be a better fit for that a$$hole than Philly, him and Emery will get along great

Can't wait to see what happens the first time the two piss each other off in practice...

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This freakin' Heatley thing is really going to F-up the Sens chances of signing a big ticket in Free agency. I really hope this gets done in time to make a splash in the silly season.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

MIKE KOMISAREK TO BECOME AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT
06/30/09 at 03:02 PM EDT
MAXHOCKEY.COM/BREAKING NEWS...

MaxHockey has confirmed from sources in Montreal that Mike Komisarek will no longer be negotiating with the Canadiens and will become a free agent on July 1. Komisarek may still resign with the Canadiens, but will test the free agent market tomorrow. Possible destinations include the Islanders... "After much discussion and thought, Mike Komisarek has decided to enter the Free Agent market tomorrow at noon. Should they desire, we intend to keep Montreal involved in the process as they have treated Mike so well during his time in the organization. He remains interested in resigning with them." Matt Keator, Agent for Mike Komisarek

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This freakin' Heatley thing is really going to F-up the Sens chances of signing a big ticket in Free agency. I really hope this gets done in time to make a splash in the silly season.
Not really, they can spend over the cap like Philly and get under it somehow later. IE: SMith on the long term IR

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm beginning to think that Smith is not going to be on the LTIR. If Garrioch (and others) are right and the Sens are trying to move him, then he's probably playing this year. Unless, of course, they are just trying to save his salary. Aaaah, that makes sense. If Heatley is not moved before July 1 the Sens would want Smith to be part of the trade, saving themselves $2.6M. They'd still be short $1.4, but that's still much better. If they were planning on buying out Schubert and Auld that would cost them nearly $1.3, but if they are also part of the deal as Garrioch had suggested, then the Sens would be pretty close to getting back that $4M. Of course the receiving team would need to have lots of cap space to accomodate all those contracts.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ESPN's Pierre LeBrun gives us the early afternoon picture before UFA hunting season starts tomorrow.

TUESDAY RUMBLINGS: BIRON PREPARING TO HIT MARKET, SEDINS STILL IN TALKS
Pierre LeBrun, ESPN.com, June 30, 2009

1 p.m. ET: Biron prepared to hit market … who needs a goalie?

Martin Biron is less than 24 hours from hitting the free-agent market.

"I'm excited," Biron told ESPN.com on Tuesday. "I think, like anybody else, it's a little bit of the unknown that may unfold tomorrow or Thursday or whatnot. I'm just enjoying today, and tomorrow is going to be pretty interesting to say the least. I'm not going in there like a nervous wreck. I'm going to let my agents do the work, and I'll go with that."

His time in Philadelphia appears over after two-plus seasons.

"Anything is always possible," Biron said. "I mean, we're less than 24 hours away, although I guess something could happen in the next day. I don't know. Unless I get a call that something very drastic has happened, I think we'll be looking to check and see what happens [in free agency]. But you never know; I've seen crazier things happen. I'm open to all options."

Biron has proved himself to be a capable No. 1 goalie, and he's tremendously popular with teammates -- a great character guy. Colorado is one team that has been linked to him. You wonder whether Edmonton would be an option, too.

A source told ESPN.com on Tuesday that veteran netminder Dwayne Roloson likely is headed to the free-agent market Wednesday, leaving the Oilers with a gaping hole in net. Then again, as Biron noted, crazy things can happen in the final hours, and perhaps the Oilers and Roloson will close the gap.

Another player likely headed to free agency is defenseman Francois Beauchemin. The Anaheim Ducks remain interested in re-signing him, but they might not be able to match what he gets on the open market Wednesday. Time will tell.

12:28 p.m. ET: Agent, Sedin twins still in closed-door meeting

Daniel and Henrik Sedin continued to weigh their options in the most critical decision of their NHL careers.

Their agent, J.P. Barry, told ESPN.com via e-mail at 12:25 p.m. ET (6:25 p.m. Stockholm time) that he was still in a closed-door meeting with the twins "reviewing their options" following Vancouver's latest contract offer Tuesday.

Meanwhile, got a text message from Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray, who reported "still nothing" on the Dany Heatley trade front. A reminder that the Sens aren't keen on the idea of moving Heatley after paying him a $4 million bonus Wednesday.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland also told us through a text-message report that there was "nothing happening" on the Marian Hossa front. The star winger remains unsigned with the hours slipping away toward free agency (Wednesday, noon ET).

11:10 a.m. ET: The latest on Bouwmeester, Sedin talks

One day from the start of free agency, some clubs are making one last-ditch attempt to keep some of their players.

Let's roll around the league and check out the latest. We'll update you throughout the day:

Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter told the media on Saturday at the draft in Montreal that he would make his way up to Edmonton to meet with Jay Bouwmeester and his agent, Bryon Baltimore, and he did just that Monday.

"It went fine, lots of things to talk about," Baltimore told ESPN.com on Tuesday. "We know where the Flames are at. We did a lot of listening. Whether anything happens, time will tell."

It's believed that the Flames will make their formal contract offer sometime Tuesday.

"We'll have some further discussions today," was all Baltimore would say.

Will Bouwmeester sign or hit the free-agent market Wednesday?

"Can't tell you that," Baltimore said. "We'll see how things unfold. We'll have a decision to make."

Meanwhile, Florida Panthers interim GM Randy Sexton was on the phone Tuesday trying to sign Jordan Leopold to a new deal. Leopold's rights were sent to Florida along with a third-round pick in exchange for Bouwmeester's rights.

• The Sedin twins, with agents J.P. Barry and Claes Elefalk, met with Canucks GM Michael Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman in Stockholm on Tuesday. The twins and their camp then bunkered down and were discussing the biggest decision of their careers -- sign Vancouver's latest offer or hit the market at noon ET on Wednesday as unrestricted free agents. Stay tuned.

Daniel and Henrik Sedin's decision will have a huge bearing on Wednesday's market, as Toronto and Montreal, among other teams, are licking their lips at the chance to sign the twins.

• The Chicago Blackhawks continue to talk with the agents for goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and star winger Martin Havlat, UFAs come Wednesday at noon ET.

"You never know what can happen on the last day," Hawks GM Dale Tallon told ESPN.com on Tuesday morning, confirming he's still trying to re-sign both players. "We're still trying to figure it out."

He got one player locked down Monday, signing a rising talent in Dave Bolland to a five-year, $16.875 million deal, which averages out to $3.375 a year. Good job by agent Anton Thun and Tallon to find common ground on a significant deal that will keep Bolland in a Hawks uniform for a while.

"We're happy to get it done; he has a bright future with us," Tallon said. "We're excited to have him in the fold."

• The New York Rangers have been unable to re-sign forward Nik Antropov, and it appears he's going to market. "He's definitely going to hit the market because the Rangers have no space to sign him," Antropov's agent, Mark Gandler, told ESPN.com on Tuesday.

Two sources told ESPN.com that Gandler asked the Rangers for five years at $5.25 million a year, which seems a little rich.

Gandler, by the way, told us that veteran center Alexei Yashin, who had been contemplating a possible return to the NHL, is staying put in Russia.

"Yes, we signed him to a deal with St. Petersburg," Gandler said.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RDS.ca is reporting that Komisarek *will* test the UFA market. Theys say he "finally decided" which sounds like more than speculation (I didn't bother reading the full article).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and Komisarek has been invited to Team USA:
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=12415.html?cid=rsstsn

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:RDS.ca is reporting that Komisarek *will* test the UFA market. Theys say he "finally decided" which sounds like more than speculation (I didn't bother reading the full article).

davetherave wrote:MIKE KOMISAREK TO BECOME AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT
06/30/09 at 03:02 PM EDT
MAXHOCKEY.COM/BREAKING NEWS...

MaxHockey has confirmed from sources in Montreal that Mike Komisarek will no longer be negotiating with the Canadiens and will become a free agent on July 1. Komisarek may still resign with the Canadiens, but will test the free agent market tomorrow. Possible destinations include the Islanders... "After much discussion and thought, Mike Komisarek has decided to enter the Free Agent market tomorrow at noon. Should they desire, we intend to keep Montreal involved in the process as they have treated Mike so well during his time in the organization. He remains interested in resigning with them." Matt Keator, Agent for Mike Komisarek

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

I might barf if andropov get 5+ per year - I hope that's a joke. Komimarek would be a nice addition to any team - but someone is going to overpay and hurt the rest of team (in the cap world).

silly indeed, no trades Sad

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:silly indeed, no trades Sad

Well, you wanted trades, Howie...you got a blockbuster.

...and the headline in The Gazette tomorrow is...

"Beam Me Up Scotty"
cool)

Ya gotta admit Gomez is an upgrade over Higgy.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:

"Beam Me Up Scotty"
cool)

depends on which Gomez shows up the Gomez that played poorly for the rangers or the great forward which played with the devils

davetherave wrote:

"Beam Me Up Scotty"
cool)

Yeah, its a biggy aiight ... prolly equivalent players, only one is 6 million more than the other ... plus their no 1 pick from last year lol. .... prolly better options out there for higgy ...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

RDS reports this evening that it looks unlikely that Hossa will sign with the Wings, having rejected the long term offer...and equally unlikely that Havlat will sign with the Blackhawks; the Habs may be interested.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/277467.html

Selon ce que RDS a appris, il serait de plus en plus surprenant que Martin Havlat s’entende avec les Blackhawks.

Le joueur par excellence des Hawks la saison dernière devrait donc tester le marché des joueurs autonomes mercredi et le Canadien aura la chance de mettre la main sur lui.

Une dizaine de formations sont intéressés à ses services. D’ailleurs il a recommencé à s’entraîner et ne souffre plus des symptômes de la commotion cérébrale qu’il a subie en demi-finale.

Hossa rejette l'offre des Red Wings

Toujours selon ce que RDS a appris que Marian Hossa a rejeté la dernière offre des Red Wings.

L'offre, similaire à celle paraphée par Johan Frenzen, était d’environ 10 ans pour un peu moins de 4 millions de dollars par saison. Hossa devrait donc tester le marché mercredi, à moins d’un revirement majeur.

The fireworks begin at noon tomorrow...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, it'll be interesting to see what Hossa's crystal ball says about the team with the best chance at the Cup.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ESPN's Pierre Lebrun and Scott Burnside are doing a live blog on the site as the UFA season kicks off...here's the latest entry.

ESPN LIVE BLOG: COUNTDOWN TO NHL FREE AGENCY
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4299215

LeBrun (11:55 a.m. ET):

What does July 1 mean for Vincent Lecavalier? It means peace of mind.

The trade rumors can continue to swirl all they want, but from now on, the Tampa Bay Lightning superstar center is in full control of his future. His no-movement clause kicked in Wednesday along with his 11-year, $85 million deal.

Only he, and he alone, has the final say on whether he ever gets dealt and where.

"Since December, there's been a lot of rumors, a lot of speculation and effectively a lot of uncertainty as to his future in Tampa," Lecavalier's agent, Kent Hughes, told ESPN.com today. "At this point, at least we have clarity as to his future. He doesn't have to wonder anymore. He can focus on being a hockey player."

How's the head neely?

:****:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum