GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where?

+27
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
Havlat9
dennycrane
Sp00nz
Vandelay
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
Hayden
jamvan
Acrobat
ddt
beerandsens
shield4life
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
PKC
Mojo
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

How Will the Summer '09 Free Agent and Trade Market Be?

Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 5 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap215%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 8 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap211%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 6 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 4 ]
Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_lcap21%Silly Season 2009: Free Agents and Trades--Who Goes Where? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 35]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Murray elected to make Heatley the highest paid player in the NHL, locking him into a contract that some have criticized as 'untradeable'.

You're the only person I've ever seen who's said that.

OK...and? Wink

BTW are you cheering for the Ottatroit Redators or the Detwa SenWings these days? One never knows with you.

I've already answered this question. :n:

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Murray elected to make Heatley the highest paid player in the NHL, locking him into a contract that some have criticized as 'untradeable'.

FYI, it was Allen Panzeri in The Citizen who reported that.

"the term and money of his contract are difficult for a lot of teams to deal with" one prominent US based agent said Thursday. " I've talked to a lot of GMs over the last few days and they say he is untradeable except to 3 or 4 teams, and those are teams that are not desirable."

Time for you to do some hockey homework.

Fair enough. I hadn't seen that article.

Albeit, the exception does change its meaning somewhat.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Heatley's contract was widely regarded as both shrewd and under market value at the time. This is not Brian Campbell or Danny Briere, this is one of the best snipers of our generation.

Agreed, and the only reason it may have a black mark on it lately is his attitude, like someone pointed out above my post.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

"the term and money of his contract are difficult for a lot of teams to deal with" one prominent US based agent said Thursday. " I've talked to a lot of GMs over the last few days and they say he is untradeable except to 3 or 4 teams, and those are teams that are not desirable."

No offense but quoting oppinion from the sports section of the Citizen doesn't qualify as Hockey homework IMO. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Fair enough. I hadn't seen that article.

Albeit, the exception does change its meaning somewhat.

ASQ>Ok, as long as you don't attribute opinions to me, when they are the opinions of someone else that I am simply passing along...which was the case here.

The Panzeri article was posted elsewhere on these threads. Had it not been, I would have probably added the reference to qualify the comment.

And just teasing you about the 'hockey homework' part. Wink

I know you are assiduous in your research particularly when it comes to prospects.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

With all the talk that the salary cap may go down, the opposite may in fact be the case. From Red Wings columnist George Malik in Detroit...

Salary cap remains uncertain as Board of Governors meet in Montreal
George Malik, MLive.com/June 24, 2009

ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reports that there's more trade talk than usual in Montreal, where the NHL's Board of Governors met prior to Friday/Saturday's NHL Entry Draft, but the vast majority of the BoG's meetings surrounded ownership issues in Montreal, Phoenix, and Tampa Bay and rumbles about which team will face the Boston Bruins in the Winter Classic. Commissioner Gary Bettman did tell NHL.com's Brian Compton that one major issue remains unresolved:

June 24, NHL.com:
There was no decision reached on the salary cap for next season. Bettman said Governors were provided economic projections for next season and beyond, but he said the final decision on the cap will come from the NHL Players' Association.
"We haven't heard yet from the Players' Association, so I'm not in a position to advise you," said Bettman. "My position remains the same -- it'll be somewhere around where it is ($56.7 million) or down a little bit depending on whether the union is interested in taking the five percent deflator. It has to be a joint decision, but I'm going to see what they're inclined to want to do and we'll take it from there."

It's a safe bet to guess that the PA will exercise its 5% inflator...

Also of note:

The commissioner said he is continuing to work with International Ice Hockey Federation as well as individual national federations to craft a transfer agreement.

"We are in discussions about having a transfer agreement on some basis with some federations, but that isn't done yet," said Bettman.

"Some federations, it's clear we won't have an agreement with, and there's a couple that we might."

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Minny's Michael Russo throws his two cents into the hat on 'who goes where', including a Tyler Cuma-Phil Kessel scenario, and some other deals Fletch II might make.

EX-GOPHER KESSEL COULD BE DEALT
Michael Russo, Minneapolis-St Paul Star-Tribune, June 25, 2009

MONTREAL — Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has dipped his toes into so many different trade discussions and ideas, he planned to spend much of Wednesday afternoon and evening meeting with his staff and organizing his thoughts.

"I've got a lot of stuff bouncing around my head. Now I have to sort it out," Fletcher said.

According to numerous NHL insiders who are in Montreal preparing for this weekend's draft, the number of players on the trade market is overwhelming.
The reason? With the economic future of the NHL uncertain, salary-cap strapped teams are trying to unload players before the cap potentially drops significantly after this upcoming season.

The players on the market seem to be fitting into two categories: marginal players with exorbitant salaries, such as Philadelphia's Joffrey Lupul (four more years at $4.25 million) and Buffalo's Jochen Hecht (three more years at $3.53 million), and top players who warrant big raises on expiring or soon-to-be-expiring contracts.

One player who falls into the latter category -- and one who might intrigue the Wild -- is Bruins sniper Phil Kessel, the former Gopher who scored 36 goals in 70 games last season.

The 21-year-old Madison native is a restricted free agent and seeking a deal worth between $4.5 and $5 million a season. While the Bruins plan to meet this week with agent Wade Arnott in hopes of re-signing Kessel, the Bruins are $6 million shy of the anticipated salary cap for next season, and have several other key players to re-sign.

According to numerous sources, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli is fielding offers, but because he can't take hefty salaries back, he's looking for a first-round pick and at least one top young player. If the Wild was to enter the fray, it would likely cost at least the 12th overall pick and James Sheppard or Tyler Cuma.

Wednesday, Fletcher also had a long conversation with Penguins GM Ray Shero. It's believed he'd be interested in trading for the rights to Ruslan Fedotenko (two Stanley Cups), but sources say the two sides are negotiating a two-year deal.

Other top names floating around the draft include Ottawa's Dany Heatley, Toronto's Tomas Kaberle, Edmonton's Tom Gilbert and Patrick O'Sullivan and Colorado's Wojtek Wolski.

Fletcher says he's talked trade with all 29 other teams. Said Fletcher: "There's a lot of talk, and we'll say, 'We'll talk Monday,' and then on Monday, we'll say, 'We'll talk Tuesday,' and then on Tuesday ... and you know darn well it's going to Friday [the draft]."

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:[ASQ>Ok, as long as you don't attribute opinions to me, when they are the opinions of someone else that I am simply passing along...which was the case here.
The Panzeri article was posted elsewhere on these threads. Had it not been, I would have probably added the reference to qualify the comment.

I know you are assiduous in your research particularly when it comes to prospects.

That's fair as well. I know you have made some comments on the Heatley contract of your own opinion, but it was jumping to conclusions on my part.

:##: It's just a sign that we're all fed up with all the Heatley speculation.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Kessel for the 12th and James Sheppard makes sense to some extent, but is Kessel really a player the Bruins want to part with?

I'd be much more inclined to look for ways to move Bergeron.

Having all three of Savard, Krejci and Bergeron (as well as Colborne in the system) makes little sense without wingers for them.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Kessel for the 12th and James Sheppard makes sense to some extent, but is Kessel really a player the Bruins want to part with?

I'd be much more inclined to look for ways to move Bergeron.

Having all three of Savard, Krejci and Bergeron (as well as Colborne in the system) makes little sense without wingers for them.

Kessel seems to be one of the odd men out in Boston, have heard rumblings that he will not be a Bruin this year, guess we shall see if it comes true.

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:[ASQ>Ok, as long as you don't attribute opinions to me, when they are the opinions of someone else that I am simply passing along...which was the case here.

That's fair as well. I know you have made some comments on the Heatley contract of your own opinion, but it was jumping to conclusions on my part.

It'll come to an end soon. I can feel it! :n: We won't be talking about Dany Heatley being an Ottawa Senator on July 1st. That much, I'm sure of. Smile

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:

It'll come to an end soon. I can feel it! :n: We won't be talking about Dany Heatley being an Ottawa Senator on July 1st. That much, I'm sure of. Smile

I am going to hold you to that, so is Melnyk, that way he doesn't have to pay Heatley that 4M salary advancement.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is it Friday yet?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Is it Friday yet?

it is in Australia, but they don't like hockey.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Australian rules hockey. Now that would be something, eh?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Australian rules hockey. Now that would be something, eh?

does that involve kangaroos?

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Is it Friday yet?

it is in Australia, but they don't like hockey.

http://www.iha.org.au/

If you ever have time to spare, look at iihf.org at the division 2 and 3 lists. A lot of countries have national teams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Australian rules hockey. Now that would be something, eh?

does that involve kangaroos?

Of course. You should see the size of their skates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum