GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top Fantasy Goalie Pick

+4
AlfieforPM
PKC
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:29 am

Who do you think would rank tops in a fantasy draft this year. In terms of wins, SP, GAA etc..
Brodeur is still ranked top amoung the goalies on yahoo and I guess i would have to agree as I see NJ getting more wins than NYR.. but not my much

2Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I gotta say Brodeur as well. That guy always finds a way to be tops in Wins and tops or near tops in Shutouts. He may not be quite as high as usual this season as I suspect Sutter may reduce his playing time to something close to a human level?

- Unknown Author

3Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:13 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I gotta say Brodeur as well. That guy always finds a way to be tops in Wins and tops or near tops in Shutouts. He may not be quite as high as usual this season as I suspect Sutter may reduce his playing time to something close to a human level?

Sutter will have to reduce Brodeur's workload. Maybe it's just me, but Brodeur looked SO wiped by season's end.

In fact, he resembled Ottawa's Top line...

4Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:16 am

I'm wondering too if Luongo will be able to keep up his pace with no team in front of him.. with out that slump he had, his year's numbers would have been much better too.

5Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:39 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I expect Tomas Vokoun to have a really nice year. Perhaps top 3 in the league for goaltenders.

6Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:43 am

Yea, that's not unreasonable.
Besides the usual... i'd say 4, i'd be nice to have some of the young guys stepping in. *cough*price*cough*

7Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am

Brodeur is always a safe bet (for another few years) but I'm betting that Lunqvist is the ultimate fantasy goalie pick, this season.
He gets shutouts, has a great SV% and GAA and New York is not going to be anywhere near as bad as people think they will...they'll actually be pretty damn good (Top-4 is my guess...probably winning the Atlantic)
Also, look out for Luongo. I think he will be somewhat like the Sens, in that he'll have a chip on his shoulder and will be trying to prove something.

8Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:52 am

furiousgreg wrote:Yea, that's not unreasonable.
Besides the usual... i'd say 4, i'd be nice to have some of the young guys stepping in. *cough*price*cough*
As great as I think Price will be, I expect the Habs to take a step back. They aren't there yet.

9Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:56 am

Well just like last year, I'm going in with modest expectations. Playoffs are the usual goal but I don't expect to challenge Detroit for 1st or anything. So yea, i guess you can say i agree.

10Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Thats cool Smile
As much as I hate the Habs, they are a seriously entertaining team to watch. Of all the teams in the league - other than Ottawa - I enjoy watching the Habs and the Pens most.

11Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:26 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

furiousgreg wrote:I'm wondering too if Luongo will be able to keep up his pace with no team in front of him.. with out that slump he had, his year's numbers would have been much better too.
No team in front of him? Huh? I love what the 'Nuck's did this offseason. They still have a wicked D corp and they bolstered their offense very well imo. They added good guys in Demitra, Bernier and Wellwood. All they lost was Naslund who is TERRIBLE and they have over 9 million in cap space to help even more. To add to that guys like Mason Raymond and Grabner are only going to get better. If a certain Swede signs there I think they'll be able to contend with Detroit.

12Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:40 pm

I love this post.

I would say it totally depends on how many teams and how important goalies are to your pool.

If for purely information sake you're looking for the best goalie based on those stats I would say Nabakov (he's going to get you wins, GAA and Save percentage. Most pools I've seen have moved away from Save PCT and to Svs. Thus rewarding the goalies who get shelled but still scored on. It's a way of evening out the stats for goalies on teams that are not that good.

My top 3 would be

Nabakov,
Bryzgalov
Brodeur/Giguere

13Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I like:
Nabby
King Henry
Luongo

I choose goalies that I know will play a majority of the games, and as he said last year, if Henrik had his way he'd play all 82 games.

14Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I like:
Nabby
King Henry
Luongo

I choose goalies that I know will play a majority of the games, and as he said last year, if Henrik had his way he'd play all 82 games.

And, he would promptly lose half of them.

15Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Empty Re: Top Fantasy Goalie Pick Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:30 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I expect Tomas Vokoun to have a really nice year. Perhaps top 3 in the league for goaltenders.

*cough* I just choked on my brew.

Vokoun? The goalie for the Florida Panthers? Top 3 in the LEAGUE?

I need to play fantasy hockey with you, my friend. Smile I wouldn't touch Vokoun in a fantasy league, period. Maybe if missed out on all the goalies and felt like gambling with on of my my last picks, I suppose, but not otherwise.

That's not a commentary on Vokoun, who I think is a very good goalie. It's just that he plays for an awful team and his peripherals (GAA, SV%, etc.) are awful as a result. Heck, even Luongo was barely worth owning in regular annual pools during all this time in Florida. That team is the touch of death to a fantasy goalie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum