GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Sens goalie

+4
PKC
Aetherial
Cronie
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Sens goalie Empty New Sens goalie Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I forgot to post this this morning, but what an adorable story. Absolute gold!!

PS. A bad omen for Donovan already (you'll know what I mean when you get to it).

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/sports/story.html?id=6ab976ca-786c-4d9e-884d-5d10a4d7dce9

2New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

[quote="504Heater"]I forgot to post this this morning, but what an adorable story. Absolute gold!!

PS. A bad omen for Donovan already (you'll know what I mean when you get to it). [/quote]

Jebus!! Bad omen indeed! LOL That's got to hurt! Smile

Great article. Lucky little fella.

3New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:22 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Very cool story Smile

My Nephew is a goaltender in the Guelph Storm organization. There is good chance he will be the backup this season.

I know how excited he was at his first tryouts and practices or just being backup for a coupe games last year... I can only imagine how exciting it would be to get called in to practice with an NHL team... and I don't even play hockey.

4New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:29 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That is the coolest story I've heard all year. I wish Dung like that would happen to me. Although, I hope Donovan getting stoned by a 13 year old isn't a sign of things to come this year.

5New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

DOnovan has hands of stone, that is nothing new.

6New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:45 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:DOnovan has hands of stone, that is nothing new.

Against a 13-year old though? You have to admit, that's Diddle.

7New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:32 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:

Im sure a broom and two water buckets could stop donovan on a breakaway :bounce: affraid

8New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mosky wrote:
PKC wrote:

Im sure a broom and two water buckets could stop donovan on a breakaway :bounce: affraid

Anyone have stats on how he did against the Tie they used when Emery squirrel wasn't at practice? :lol!:

- Unknown Author

9New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Mosky wrote:
PKC wrote:

Oh come on. Do you really think you need both buckets?

10New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

[quote="PKC"]
Mosky wrote:

Poor Donovan.

I have all the respect in the world for this guy. He did what most players don't or won't: he put his money where his mouth was and took a substantial paycut to stay with us for the next two years. He may not have much by way of goal-scorer's hands, but he's a good heart-and-soul guy and a hardworker to boot. I just can't bring myself to laugh at him.

11New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I know, I know. I gained a lot of respect and admiration for Donovan when I listened to his interview on the Team 1200 earlier this summer. He really is a dedicated individual, and brings his best effort every night to the rink. He just has either really bad luck in the scoring department, or might very well be one of the most inept offensive players we've ever had on our team. Either way, at 600,000, we have him for a hell of a bargain, and I'm glad we were able to keep him around.

12New Sens goalie Empty Re: New Sens goalie Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

[quote="rooneypoo"]
PKC wrote:
Mosky wrote:

Poor Donovan.

I have all the respect in the world for this guy. He did what most players don't or won't: he put his money where his mouth was and took a substantial paycut to stay with us for the next two years. He may not have much by way of goal-scorer's hands, but he's a good heart-and-soul guy and a hardworker to boot. I just can't bring myself to laugh at him.

Ya it's just fun to poke fun at other and i have absolutly nothing against the guy. Great worker and theres no word to describe his dedication to the Senators organization. and i'm sure he was the only one not too self-centered to maybe shoot it at the youngin's pads to give him a little boost.. cuz i wouldn't put it past donovan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum