GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant

+7
PKC
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
davetherave
Cronie
beedub
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Snuh wrote:I just started reading a book called "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness". By Hunter S. Thompson

Here's a quote from the book that I feel sums up Don Brennen and the rest of the yokels at the Ottawa Sun...

“…I have described them [sportswriters] as “a rude and brainless
subculture of fascist drunks” and “a gang of vicious monkeys jacking
off in a zoo cage” and “more disgusting by nature than maggots oozing
out of the carcass of a dead animal…” "...but they keep coming back for more, like pimps and real estate agents. I have explained many times that I am, by profession, a Gambler - not some jock-sniffing nerd or a hired squawk box with the brain of a one-celled animal. No. That would be you average career sportswriter..."
Hilarious!

47CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 3:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CheapShots is quite a character.

48CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 4:00 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Snuh wrote:I just started reading a book called "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness". By Hunter S. Thompson

Here's a quote from the book that I feel sums up Don Brennen and the rest of the yokels at the Ottawa Sun...

“…I have described them [sportswriters] as “a rude and brainless
subculture of fascist drunks” and “a gang of vicious monkeys jacking
off in a zoo cage” and “more disgusting by nature than maggots oozing
out of the carcass of a dead animal…” "...but they keep coming back for more, like pimps and real estate agents. I have explained many times that I am, by profession, a Gambler - not some jock-sniffing nerd or a hired squawk box with the brain of a one-celled animal. No. That would be you average career sportswriter..."

That's a great passage!! I've never read anything by Hunter S Thompson, but I've heard great things. This definitely lives up to the great things i've heard about him.

49CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has CheapShotses douchebaggery reached a new level?

Sens beat Caps despite goaltending

Elliott weak against Washington

By DON BRENNAN, QMI Agency

(Excerpt)
Twice, Brian Elliott did his impression of the Shooter Tutor. He
looked bad when Tomas Fleischmann beat him with a short-side shot for
the Caps’ first goal. And he looked bad when Jeff Schultz put a
slow-moving wrist shot by him on the second.

When Semin whipped two wrist shots past Elliott’s catching
mitt within 43 seconds, someone in the pressbox said the Senators’
current No. 1 goalie had a weak glove hand on this night. It was
pointed out that the first two goals were on the stick side.

Like the ShooterTutor, however, Elliott was perfect on all shots in the middle.

CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Log.aspx?pageCode=64&tokenID=165111&dom=slam.canoe

50CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:33 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

And just like the ShyterWriter, Don Brennan was crap all over his blog!

51CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 4 441415

I bet it's because there's less to write about when the Sens are performing well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum