GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant

+7
PKC
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
davetherave
Cronie
beedub
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://blog.canoe.ca/offtheposts/2009/04/26/things_that_make_you_go_shut_up
Things that make you go .... Shut Up!

No, I'm not starting a new thread on Pierre McGuire, although judging by the comments here yesterday, Poetic Pete is definitely a thing that makes you guys go ... Shut Up!
Just wondering, is there another reason some of you think he should become the new GM of the Habs than to get him off the TV and radio airwaves?
Anyway, the thing that makes me go Shut Up right now is the incessant chanting and pounding and singing and screaming and whistling coming from the fans in Switzerland who are attending the Hungary-Canada game.
Annoying as hell, is what it is.
What exactly are these people so excited about?
This is horrible, waste-your-time-watching hockey.
Levente Szuper's teammates from the 1999-2000 Ottawa 67's (Dan Tessier, Mark Bell, Joe Talbot, Jon Zion, Lance Galbraith) could have been called in last minute to put on Hungary jerseys and given the Canadians a better game.
I don't know how Hungary ever made it to Group A, but even more confounding is how the fans are celebrating this game.
Maybe they're all loaded

All-over-the-place much?

2CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:45 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Brennan seems to be a little discombobulated, to say the least. Perhaps a few too many wee pints before writing......just saying

3CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LMAO!! He actually submitted this to his editor?!?!
And even more incredibly, SOMEONE put it to press?!?!? WTF!?!? LOL

4CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:LMAO!! He actually submitted this to his editor?!?!
And even more incredibly, SOMEONE put it to press?!?!? WTF!?!? LOL

It's hidden in his blog. Only his clever use of the name "Uh-oh" for any Ottawa defenseman not named Wade Redden makes it to print.

5CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously, is there ANY hope for Sens fans that the Sun will EVER acquire even ONE decent, credible and fair sports/Senators writer?

I, once again, renew my nomination of DaveTheRave for Sens writer/freelance analyst for the Sun.

EDIT: I also wish to have Seaway nominated for his own rant n' rave column! I would GLADLY buy a Sun every day if BOTH these gentleman were a part of it.

6CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:57 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Seriously, is there ANY hope for Sens fans that the Sun will EVER acquire even ONE decent, credible and fair sports/Senators writer?

I, once again, renew my nomination of DaveTheRave for Sens writer/freelance analyst for the Sun.

EDIT: I also wish to have Seaway nominated for his own rant n' rave column! I would GLADLY buy a Sun every day if BOTH these gentleman were a part of it.

The problem with The Sun is they wouldn't guarantee me a date with the Sunshine Girl of my choice LOL...and then of course I'd have to put up with Garrioch...
Wink

7CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cronie wrote:Seriously, is there ANY hope for Sens fans that the Sun will EVER acquire even ONE decent, credible and fair sports/Senators writer?

The problem with The Sun is they wouldn't guarantee me a date with the Sunshine Girl of my choice LOL...and then of course I'd have to put up with Garrioch...
Wink

Ah, well the SG is horrible, but i'm sure finding out where the shoots take place and such would be easy.

As for Garrioch, we ALL know his kryptonite is Meatball subs, or ANY buffett joint, so really, dealing with him should be EASY!

8CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fair play would be nice. I have a real problem with how some players get way too much credit and others are just hammered incessantly.

9CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I actually found the Hungary fans way better than any fans I've seen in the NHL. STRAIGHT UP!! AWESOME!! I don't have a clue what they were chanting, it sounded a bit like a Hungarian olé, but it was awesome! The place was half full to begin with, I couldn't believe how loud it was.

10CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:03 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:I actually found the Hungary fans way better than any fans I've seen in the NHL. STRAIGHT UP!! AWESOME!! I don't have a clue what they were chanting, it sounded a bit like a Hungarian olé, but it was awesome! The place was half full to begin with, I couldn't believe how loud it was.

I'm with you SG... It makes me really happy to see the Hungary fans, and Brennan should be embarrassed at the fact he wrote that. They are proud to see their team represented, and are showing their support. When the WOrld Championships were here in Halifax last year, I went to see a couple of games, including a Latvia game, and those fans were unreal. Chanting the entire game, beating their drums, getting people excited. I personally loved it, and wish Sens fans were a little more boisterous. These fans are celebrating their teams return to the elite, and they have every right to be proud. Buddy should get down from his high horse.

Now excuse me, while I leave an agree comment on his blog.

11CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:08 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Bass Destruction wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I actually found the Hungary fans way better than any fans I've seen in the NHL. STRAIGHT UP!! AWESOME!! I don't have a clue what they were chanting, it sounded a bit like a Hungarian olé, but it was awesome! The place was half full to begin with, I couldn't believe how loud it was.

I'm with you SG... It makes me really happy to see the Hungary fans, and Brennan should be embarrassed at the fact he wrote that. They are proud to see their team represented, and are showing their support. When the WOrld Championships were here in Halifax last year, I went to see a couple of games, including a Latvia game, and those fans were unreal. Chanting the entire game, beating their drums, getting people excited. I personally loved it, and wish Sens fans were a little more boisterous. These fans are celebrating their teams return to the elite, and they have every right to be proud. Buddy should get down from his high horse.

Now excuse me, while I leave an agree comment on his blog.

All Ottawa Sun writers have S for B's. I don't know why I bother reading anything they write anymore. They are purely insulting.
I guess it's purely for entertainment, but they always have their Dung wrong, it's really quite strange.

As for the Hungary fans, even at 9-0 they were chanting!!

12CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:16 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I'm in the middle of my rant now.... I'm thinking of borrowing his own last line as my last line. He wrote:

"I don't know how Hungary ever made it to Group A, but even more confounding is how the fans are celebrating this game. Maybe they're all loaded."

So i'm thinking of writing:

"I don't know how you ever made it as a journalist, but even more confounding is how people still read your column. Maybe they're all loaded."

13CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:I'm in the middle of my rant now.... I'm thinking of borrowing his own last line as my last line. He wrote:

"I don't know how Hungary ever made it to Group A, but even more confounding is how the fans are celebrating this game. Maybe they're all loaded."

"I don't know how you ever made it as a journalist, but even more confounding is how people still read your column. Maybe they're all loaded."

Score.

14CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:24 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Bass Destruction wrote:I'm in the middle of my rant now.... I'm thinking of borrowing his own last line as my last line. He wrote:

That's awesome! Do it!!

15CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:29 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
All Ottawa Sun writers have S for B's. I don't know why I bother reading anything they write anymore. They are purely insulting.
I guess it's purely for entertainment, but they always have their Dung wrong, it's really quite strange.

As for the Hungary fans, even at 9-0 they were chanting!!

Definitely the sports writers, but they have some very talented news writers like Laura Czekaj, Jon Willing and Terri Saunders.

Unfortunately, the Ottawa Sun in their zeal for everything pro-law and pro-police seem to have a bit of mistaken identity because they tend to feature more semi-naked/good looking girls than any other publication cares to.

And they used to run a pretty good sports section until that buffoon Tim Baines became editor of that section...now it's a mess with these stupid cheapseats antics and digital faceoff nonsense. A pile of rubbish writers who think being annoying equates with being funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum