GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant

+7
PKC
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
davetherave
Cronie
beedub
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:I'm in the middle of my rant now.... I'm thinking of borrowing his own last line as my last line. He wrote:

"I don't know how Hungary ever made it to Group A, but even more confounding is how the fans are celebrating this game. Maybe they're all loaded."

So i'm thinking of writing:

"I don't know how you ever made it as a journalist, but even more confounding is how people still read your column. Maybe they're all loaded."

Score.

17CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:24 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Bass Destruction wrote:I'm in the middle of my rant now.... I'm thinking of borrowing his own last line as my last line. He wrote:

"I don't know how Hungary ever made it to Group A, but even more confounding is how the fans are celebrating this game. Maybe they're all loaded."

So i'm thinking of writing:

"I don't know how you ever made it as a journalist, but even more confounding is how people still read your column. Maybe they're all loaded."

That's awesome! Do it!!

18CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:29 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
All Ottawa Sun writers have S for B's. I don't know why I bother reading anything they write anymore. They are purely insulting.
I guess it's purely for entertainment, but they always have their Dung wrong, it's really quite strange.

As for the Hungary fans, even at 9-0 they were chanting!!

Definitely the sports writers, but they have some very talented news writers like Laura Czekaj, Jon Willing and Terri Saunders.

Unfortunately, the Ottawa Sun in their zeal for everything pro-law and pro-police seem to have a bit of mistaken identity because they tend to feature more semi-naked/good looking girls than any other publication cares to.

And they used to run a pretty good sports section until that buffoon Tim Baines became editor of that section...now it's a mess with these stupid cheapseats antics and digital faceoff nonsense. A pile of rubbish writers who think being annoying equates with being funny.

19CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:32 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

PKC wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
All Ottawa Sun writers have S for B's. I don't know why I bother reading anything they write anymore. They are purely insulting.
I guess it's purely for entertainment, but they always have their Dung wrong, it's really quite strange.

Definitely the sports writers, but they have some very talented news writers like Laura Czekaj, Jon Willing and Terri Saunders.

Unfortunately, the Ottawa Sun in their zeal for everything pro-law and pro-police seem to have a bit of mistaken identity because they tend to feature more semi-naked/good looking girls than any other publication cares to.

And they used to run a pretty good sports section until that buffoon Tim Baines became editor of that section...now it's a mess with these stupid cheapseats antics and digital faceoff nonsense. A pile of rubbish writers who think being annoying equates with being funny.

You're right PKC, I should've said All Ottawa Sun SPORTS writers haves S for B's. I didn't mean to generalize. Mind you, I do find the Ottawa Sun the equivalent of the National Enquirer at times.

I do prefer to read the Sun because it's much easier to read *size wise* than the Citizen, but the Citizen is much better in all areas. They do piss me off in the Sports Section almost all the time though, they're always negative.

20CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:35 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
PKC wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

You're right PKC, I should've said All Ottawa Sun SPORTS writers haves S for B's. I didn't mean to generalize. Mind you, I do find the Ottawa Sun the equivalent of the National Enquirer at times.

I do prefer to read the Sun because it's much easier to read *size wise* than the Citizen, but the Citizen is much better in all areas. They do piss me off in the Sports Section almost all the time though, they're always negative.

That's their mandate, to sensationalize anything that re-affirms their uber-conservatism. It's shocking to be frank. I try not to read the Sun, because I undoubtedly run into a story by that pillock Derek Puddicombe or by that other obtuse fart Earl McRae.

I wish the National Post was more readily available at news stands...

21CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Just an update.

I was particularly riled up by what he said. Ignorance is something that really angers me, as does arrogance. So I created an account, used my real name, and decided to respond. I just told him he should be ashamed of himself, that he made some classless statements, and that Hungarian fans have every right to be proud of their return to the World stage after a 70 year hiatus.

Some of his fans stuck up for him. I must say, they did so in a respectful and polite manner. I have no ill will towards them, but am kind of shocked at their eloquence. It surpassed that of the journalist himself. I too rebutted, stating that i did not believe his comments were meant to be tongue in cheek, and presented evidence to this fact.

Finally Don Brennan himself responded to one of my comments, claiming that he just found the noise to be annoying. And then continued to make a sarcastic remark about something that i had said about his shaming Canada.

I reiterated my points in one last post, picking out his original arguments verbatim, and in an attempt to show him how he was wrong. The entire situation reminded me of kindergarten, when i did something wrong, and the teacher pointed it out and forced me to go apologize. The only difference is that i actually apologized.

22CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

^Eloquent or not, some of the opinions expressed were baffling and IMO a BS defence.

"Andrew, I also think you are reading way too much into what Don Brennan had to say about the Canada - Hungary game."

The article was about the Canada - Hungary game. scratch

23CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hahaha, yeah... I'm not even sure why i commented so much on it. What he wrote really bothered me though. I should have ended my last post with:

"Things that make you go... Shut Up! Don Brennan."

24CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

There are standards of excellence for hockey writing. These are practiced by long time chroniclers like Red Fisher and Stan Fischler, and maintained by men like Scott Burnside, Pierre Lebrun, Michael Farber, Eric Duhatschek and Ottawa's own Wayne Scanlan--to name those who come immediately to mind.

The burbling of Brennan and garrulousness of Garrioch are passing gas.

25CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:44 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry to keep bringing this up everybody. I just wanted to bring forth his final post to me. I questioned his maturity and asked him to stop calling me Andy, but to refer to me as Andrew. And this was his reply to me:

"I'm not a good person, Andy? I wasn't raised properly, Andy? You're now saddened by my views, Andy?
Because I'm calling you Andy, Andy?
Must be that, Andy, because you were okay until I sent my last response
to you, Andy, and it didn't say a lot other than that you are taking my
words out of context, Andy, and oh yes, it referred to you as Andy,
Andy.
You've never met me Andy. I am a great guy, Andy. Ask anybody who knows me, Andy.
You're taking yourself pretty seriously there, Andy. Get outside and
breath some of that sweet, springtime air, Andy. It's a great time of
the year, Andy. Other than the fact that your Hungary team is getting
spanked at the worlds, Andy. But tonight Round 2 of the NHL playoffs
starts, Andy. It's baseball season, Andy. Get out to a sports bar with
some of those friends of yours, Andy, and have some fun, Andy.
Enjoy the day, Andy"

26CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Sorry to keep bringing this up everybody. I just wanted to bring forth his final post to me. I questioned his maturity and asked him to stop calling me Andy, but to refer to me as Andrew. And this was his reply to me:

"I'm not a good person, Andy? I wasn't raised properly, Andy? You're now saddened by my views, Andy?
Andy.
You've never met me Andy. I am a great guy, Andy. Ask anybody who knows me, Andy.
Enjoy the day, Andy"

Well, are you surprised?

27CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is one hell of a mess there...

28CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I couldn't help but laugh... and feel vindicated.

29CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:Yeah I couldn't help but laugh... and feel vindicated.
I guess he feels that he can be flippant and put anything out there that he wants... but nice to see some people take objection with it.

30CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Sorry to keep bringing this up everybody. I just wanted to bring forth his final post to me. I questioned his maturity and asked him to stop calling me Andy, but to refer to me as Andrew. And this was his reply to me:

Andy.
Enjoy the day, Andy"

It's disturbing that this childish imbecile has a permanent staff writing position for a well-read newspaper in the nation's capital.

I mean, we all know the Ottawa Sun, is as second tier of a newspaper as you can get, but this gaudy, ridiculous behavior by a "veteran" staff writer is just purely silly.

I'd fire off a letter to several of the upper tier editors (editor in chief, managing editor) and let them know, that as a reader of their newspaper, that one of their writers openly disrespects and taunts you in an unprofessional manner.

31CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:

Andy.
Enjoy the day, Andy"

It's disturbing that this childish imbecile has a permanent staff writing position for a well-read newspaper in the nation's capital.

I mean, we all know the Ottawa Sun, is as second tier of a newspaper as you can get, but this gaudy, ridiculous behavior by a "veteran" staff writer is just purely silly.

I'd fire off a letter to several of the upper tier editors (editor in chief, managing editor) and let them know, that as a reader of their newspaper, that one of their writers openly disrespects and taunts you in an unprofessional manner.

I was thinking of writing the editors a letter, just to tell them to take a look at the blog and his responses to mine. Not to complain, just so that they can see what kind of person they have on staff. But I don't want him to be reprimanded, or embarrassed at work. That wasn't my goal in this entire thing. I just wanted him to realize that he should watch what he says.

But it's good to see someone else there has taken up my cause. And I would like to thank all of you for supporting me through this too. It's nice to know that i'm not alone when it comes to thinking his comments were way off base.

32CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:

I was thinking of writing the editors a letter, just to tell them to take a look at the blog and his responses to mine. Not to complain, just so that they can see what kind of person they have on staff. But I don't want him to be reprimanded, or embarrassed at work. That wasn't my goal in this entire thing. I just wanted him to realize that he should watch what he says.

But it's good to see someone else there has taken up my cause. And I would like to thank all of you for supporting me through this too. It's nice to know that i'm not alone when it comes to thinking his comments were way off base.

Well, I just think it's a little ridiculous. The job of a journalist is to inform people of the facts of an event, without inserting their own bias and opinion into it.

A blog is slightly different, but still, as a mainstream sports media figure, you can't just plaster disrespectful things about other countries/people/teams and not expect a response.

And to gaud you on like this is beyond juvenile, it's downright aggravating and immature. If I run into Don Brennan, I'll make sure to give him an ear full for you.

33CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

One has to admit, though, that he's a mighty fine troll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum