GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant

+7
PKC
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
davetherave
Cronie
beedub
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Sorry to keep bringing this up everybody. I just wanted to bring forth his final post to me. I questioned his maturity and asked him to stop calling me Andy, but to refer to me as Andrew. And this was his reply to me:

"I'm not a good person, Andy? I wasn't raised properly, Andy? You're now saddened by my views, Andy?
Because I'm calling you Andy, Andy?
Must be that, Andy, because you were okay until I sent my last response
to you, Andy, and it didn't say a lot other than that you are taking my
words out of context, Andy, and oh yes, it referred to you as Andy,
Andy.
You've never met me Andy. I am a great guy, Andy. Ask anybody who knows me, Andy.
You're taking yourself pretty seriously there, Andy. Get outside and
breath some of that sweet, springtime air, Andy. It's a great time of
the year, Andy. Other than the fact that your Hungary team is getting
spanked at the worlds, Andy. But tonight Round 2 of the NHL playoffs
starts, Andy. It's baseball season, Andy. Get out to a sports bar with
some of those friends of yours, Andy, and have some fun, Andy.
Enjoy the day, Andy"

It's disturbing that this childish imbecile has a permanent staff writing position for a well-read newspaper in the nation's capital.

I mean, we all know the Ottawa Sun, is as second tier of a newspaper as you can get, but this gaudy, ridiculous behavior by a "veteran" staff writer is just purely silly.

I'd fire off a letter to several of the upper tier editors (editor in chief, managing editor) and let them know, that as a reader of their newspaper, that one of their writers openly disrespects and taunts you in an unprofessional manner.

I was thinking of writing the editors a letter, just to tell them to take a look at the blog and his responses to mine. Not to complain, just so that they can see what kind of person they have on staff. But I don't want him to be reprimanded, or embarrassed at work. That wasn't my goal in this entire thing. I just wanted him to realize that he should watch what he says.

But it's good to see someone else there has taken up my cause. And I would like to thank all of you for supporting me through this too. It's nice to know that i'm not alone when it comes to thinking his comments were way off base.

32CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:

I was thinking of writing the editors a letter, just to tell them to take a look at the blog and his responses to mine. Not to complain, just so that they can see what kind of person they have on staff. But I don't want him to be reprimanded, or embarrassed at work. That wasn't my goal in this entire thing. I just wanted him to realize that he should watch what he says.

But it's good to see someone else there has taken up my cause. And I would like to thank all of you for supporting me through this too. It's nice to know that i'm not alone when it comes to thinking his comments were way off base.

Well, I just think it's a little ridiculous. The job of a journalist is to inform people of the facts of an event, without inserting their own bias and opinion into it.

A blog is slightly different, but still, as a mainstream sports media figure, you can't just plaster disrespectful things about other countries/people/teams and not expect a response.

And to gaud you on like this is beyond juvenile, it's downright aggravating and immature. If I run into Don Brennan, I'll make sure to give him an ear full for you.

33CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:06 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

One has to admit, though, that he's a mighty fine troll.

34CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:One has to admit, though, that he's a mighty fine troll.
He certainly has a lot to say...

Anyone can fire off an email to torsun.editor@sunmedia.ca and send them the link to the blog with their objections.

It may get an apology...

35CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

It would be interesting to see what would happen if it were forwarded to any or all of:
- the online Sun "letters to the editor" - are those moderated?
- the editor of the Sun or SunMedia, with a demand for an explanation from a group of us
- the Ottawa Citizen
- a radio station (Team 1200?)

Or perhaps if it was flooded to Yahoo/Google/Craigslist/etc chat areas about media

EDIT: I have very little patience or tolerance for abuse of position or power; it's a character flaw that colours everything else you do

36CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:33 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:One has to admit, though, that he's a mighty fine troll.
He certainly has a lot to say...

Anyone can fire off an email to torsun.editor@sunmedia.ca and send them the link to the blog with their objections.

It may get an apology...

I think that's just for the toronto sun.

For the editor in chief of the Ottawa Sun it's mike.therien@sunmedia.ca

For the editor of the sports section it's tim.baines@sunmedia.ca

But as I said, thank you all for your support in this. But please don't feel obliged to send any emails. I take solace in the fact that I know what kind of person I am, and I know what kind of person he is.

37CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:It would be interesting to see what would happen if it were forwarded to any or all of:
- the online Sun "letters to the editor" - are those moderated?
- the editor of the Sun or SunMedia, with a demand for an explanation from a group of us
- the Ottawa Citizen
- a radio station (Team 1200?)

Or perhaps if it was flooded to Yahoo/Google/Craigslist/etc chat areas about media

EDIT: I have very little patience or tolerance for abuse of position or power; it's a character flaw that colours everything else you do

His blog and his subsequent posts actually breaks more than one of the site's 'rules'. It's really quite pathetic.

38CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, for what it's worth, I flipped all those guys a note asking if this is the type of treatment people should expect from a SunMedia employee with a link to his blog.

39CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks for that. I'm really curious to know if they get back to you.

40CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:Thanks for that. I'm really curious to know if they get back to you.
Stay tuned...

41CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 12:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I got a reply from Don Wilcox... here it is:

Thanks for the email.
I have to agree that this exchange got out of hand. While we encourage
differences of opinions, and what I’ll call healthy debate, there is a
line we don’t want either the site visitors or our staff to cross. This
exchange degenerated and got personal, and while I’m not going to blame
one or the other, we will discuss what happened and try to avoid a
repeat in the future.
Again, thanks for letting us know your concerns and for visiting the site.

Don Wilcox
Sr. Online Editor
Ottawasun.com

Mike Therien (SunMedia) was cc'd in his note.

Take it for what it's worth... at least there's eyes on it now.

42CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 1:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Well, I got a reply from Don Wilcox... here it is:

Thanks for the email.
I have to agree that this exchange got out of hand. While we encourage
differences of opinions, and what I’ll call healthy debate, there is a
line we don’t want either the site visitors or our staff to cross. This
exchange degenerated and got personal, and while I’m not going to blame
one or the other, we will discuss what happened and try to avoid a
repeat in the future.
Again, thanks for letting us know your concerns and for visiting the site.

Don Wilcox
Sr. Online Editor
Ottawasun.com

Mike Therien (SunMedia) was cc'd in his note.

Take it for what it's worth... at least there's eyes on it now.

Better these two than Tim "Everybody's Drinking Buddy" Baines.

43CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 1:33 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

That was a very diplomatic answer on his part. Not much was said. But at least he answered and didn't ignore you. The only downside to this is that Don Brennan's posts will probably be taken down. It pleased me to know that he was being exposed for the person he actually is. Oh well, as of now they are still up.

Thanks for that shabbs.

44CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 1:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:That was a very diplomatic answer on his part. Not much was said. But at least he answered and didn't ignore you. The only downside to this is that Don Brennan's posts will probably be taken down. It pleased me to know that he was being exposed for the person he actually is. Oh well, as of now they are still up.

Thanks for that shabbs.
Here's a PDF of the blog as it was this morning...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/age83bb/n/Don_Brennan_-_Off_The_Posts_-_Things_that_make_you_go_Shut_Up_pdf

Enjoy...

45CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

I just started reading a book called "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness". By Hunter S. Thompson

Here's a quote from the book that I feel sums up Don Brennen and the rest of the yokels at the Ottawa Sun...

“…I have described them [sportswriters] as “a rude and brainless
subculture of fascist drunks” and “a gang of vicious monkeys jacking
off in a zoo cage” and “more disgusting by nature than maggots oozing
out of the carcass of a dead animal…” "...but they keep coming back for more, like pimps and real estate agents. I have explained many times that I am, by profession, a Gambler - not some jock-sniffing nerd or a hired squawk box with the brain of a one-celled animal. No. That would be you average career sportswriter..."

46CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Snuh wrote:I just started reading a book called "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness". By Hunter S. Thompson

Here's a quote from the book that I feel sums up Don Brennen and the rest of the yokels at the Ottawa Sun...

out of the carcass of a dead animal…” "...but they keep coming back for more, like pimps and real estate agents. I have explained many times that I am, by profession, a Gambler - not some jock-sniffing nerd or a hired squawk box with the brain of a one-celled animal. No. That would be you average career sportswriter..."
Hilarious!

47CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 3:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CheapShots is quite a character.

48CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant - Page 3 Empty Re: CheapShots Brennan Drunken Rant Fri May 01, 2009 4:00 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Snuh wrote:I just started reading a book called "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness". By Hunter S. Thompson

That's a great passage!! I've never read anything by Hunter S Thompson, but I've heard great things. This definitely lives up to the great things i've heard about him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum