GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik)

+4
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
SensFan71
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) - Page 3 Empty Re: Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:19 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:This sucks! BOO!!! I don't really know him that well, but I was hearing good things this year. I guess it really is horrible to play in the AHL, you have to tough it out though if you're ever going to play NHL hockey. So, in that case, good riddance!

At least it's not Erik. We don't really need babies on our team.

That's it. That's the long and short of it. We're one of the most successful franchises up until missing the playoffs this year, and I hate to keep bringing up Detroit, but it takes a long, long time to make it there as well. You have to pay your dues.

Could turn into an Anton Babchuk type deal in Carolina where he left, then came back a year later to kick arse.

That would be sweet if we still had the rights to him.

I'd like to know why he wanted to leave, does he want to play in a tougher place or did he just hate the AHL? Was he expecting it to get handed to him on a silver platter after only 1 season in the AHL? I don't really understand his reasoning.

32Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) - Page 3 Empty Re: Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think his wife is about to give birth and he want to be closer to his homeland - and he'll get a ton more $$ to boot - and it may actually not affect his NHL chances as much as people think.

That's all guessing though.

33Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) - Page 3 Empty Re: Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I think his wife is about to give birth and he want to be closer to his homeland - and he'll get a ton more $$ to boot - and it may actually not affect his NHL chances as much as people think.

That's all guessing though.

actually now that you mention that, I believe you are right on Karlsson's wife being pregnant and wanting to be back home, you have to respect a decision like that.

34Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) - Page 3 Empty Re: Karlsson signs in Sweden (not Erik) Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
That would be sweet if we still had the rights to him.

I'd like to know why he wanted to leave, does he want to play in a tougher place or did he just hate the AHL? Was he expecting it to get handed to him on a silver platter after only 1 season in the AHL? I don't really understand his reasoning.

M. Karlsson was supposed to be an RFA this year.

I don't know what happens when you up and leave, like he has. With Radulov, he still had 1 year left on his deal; if he ever wants to play in the NHL again, this year or 10 years from now, he has to play that 1 year he owes Nashville, and at the entry-level price. For sure.

I would think then, that, regardless of when M. Karlsson returns, he'd still be an RFA, and we'd still hold his rights. I'm not 100% certain on that, but it makes the most sense to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum