GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott sets NHL record

+15
beerandsens
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensFan71
TeamRenzo
Urkie
ddt
wprager
Cronie
Hockeyhero22000
smash88
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
caissie_1
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 5 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:02 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I've read that around too that Carbo thought they had brought Price up too fast and that he was not ready.

And they just said that last night on 110% (TQS) as well^^.

62Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 5 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:21 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, is the record 6 games or 7 games? CBC tonight mentioned it was 7 games and that Elliott would break the record tonight. What?

63Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 5 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I think they made a mistake. I just checked his game log for 04-05 and he had 6. But then the 7th game looks like a no-decision. He faced 3 shots and stopped them all. Not sure if that was in relief or what. Would have to go back and check Hasek's game log for the same period to figure out what happened, but no time now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8469548&view=log&season=20052006

64Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 5 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The record was definitely 6 and now Elliott currently holds the record sitting at 8 and counting :D

Does anyone know the NHL record for a Rookie goalie win streak?

- Unknown Author

65Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 5 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:51 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

this is the only I found as per wikipedia, but this was back in the days of ties, no mention of consecutive wins.

Longest undefeated streak by a goaltender in his first NHL season: Grant Fuhr, 23 games (1981–82)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum