GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott sets NHL record

+15
beerandsens
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensFan71
TeamRenzo
Urkie
ddt
wprager
Cronie
Hockeyhero22000
smash88
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
caissie_1
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:47 am

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Nice find. I was not able to get those stats off nhl.com for some reason...

There is a trick to it. If you go to a player page on NHL.com, there are four tabs for the various info: Stats, Game Log, Notes and News. If you click on Game Log, you'll get all of this year's games. But if you look at the address box, you'll notice that the URL ends with "view=log&season=20082009". Simply substitute the years for the season you want (19961997 for Lalime's rookie year), and voila!

32Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Pretty sure it is a Sens record boys which I believe he tied Emery and Hurme.

33Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ddt wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nice find. I was not able to get those stats off nhl.com for some reason...

There is a trick to it. If you go to a player page on NHL.com, there are four tabs for the various info: Stats, Game Log, Notes and News. If you click on Game Log, you'll get all of this year's games. But if you look at the address box, you'll notice that the URL ends with "view=log&season=20082009". Simply substitute the years for the season you want (19961997 for Lalime's rookie year), and voila!
Sweet.

34Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Hockey_League_records_(individual)

Most consecutive wins by a goaltender in his rookie season: Brian Elliott, 6 (2008-09)

Unbelievable! :KKK:

whoo hoo Elliot, he will definitely be giving Leclaire a run for his money come next training camp.

35Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:08 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:Elliott is very very good. I seriously think he should win rookie of the year.

So what to do? Deal for a starting goalie in his place to crush his spirits lol. Did they not learn with the gerber incident.

However, I can't dispute Verm for what's his face and a draft pick. Verm was finished in ottawa, great move dumping him especiallly after he took the team to arbritration last summer.

1. Errr... Steve Mason, anyone? I love Elliott, but, sorry, no contest.

2. Vermette didn't make it to arbitration last year; he settled hours before.

36Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:15 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vermette was dumped because the other dozen useless centers we have in the team had "bag of pucks"value lol.

37Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:Vermette was dumped because the other dozen useless centers we have in the team had "bag of pucks"value lol.

Vermette has scored more than a quarter of his goals this season with CBJ.

38Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Vermette and McAmmond have found relative success on other teams, at least in terms of point production. And as people here have discussed on teh Sabres game day thread, that's probably how it will go if we deal Spezza. That's not a problem on its own. The problem is if we make a poor draft choice with the 2nd rounder and if Leclaire becomes an expensive or injured back up to Elliott. Seriously, the way Elliott is playing that is a definite possiblity.

39Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:he was 14-0-2 he may not have won 6 in a row could have been 5 wins then a tie then 5 and a tie then the last two i couldnt find the stats on those previous games

Patty's record is also split over two seasons.

Umm, no it wasn't. I hate it when I'm wrong, and even more when I have to correct myself.

40Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're splitting hairs here. The real facts are that the Name Dropper is a frontrunning blowhard.

41Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For the record, I didn't get to listen to all of Pierre's segment on TGOR, but from what I heard there was no mention of Elliott or his "record".

42Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:For the record, I didn't get to listen to all of Pierre's segment on TGOR, but from what I heard there was no mention of Elliott or his "record".

if he had, it might have involved the words "rebound control", which I have paid attention to lately with Elliott, more often than not, he has been a sponge, no rebound at all, that must be playing with confidence that does that.

43Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:46 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

And yet Brodeur gets all the attention. :KJK:

Seriously, though, great job and hopefully we're on the verge of an era of stable goal-tending.

44Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:
marakh wrote:Vermette was dumped because the other dozen useless centers we have in the team had "bag of pucks"value lol.

Vermette has scored more than a quarter of his goals this season with CBJ.

Proves that wonders can happen with more icetime and better linemates, eh?

Last edited by marakh on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

45Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

And a change of scenery. I don't think it was going to happen here.

46Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:04 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:And a change of scenery. I don't think it was going to happen here.

He was close to a PPG under Clouston I think. And he was pretty good with Stillman too.
Bryan Murray said it himself, He had a lot of calls about Vermette, and that's not a coincidence, for a player who's been playing on an awful team this season.

47Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

HowieMorenz wrote:Elliott is very very good. I seriously think he should win rookie of the year.

So what to do? Deal for a starting goalie in his place to crush his spirits lol. Did they not learn with the gerber incident.

However, I can't dispute Verm for what's his face and a draft pick. Verm was finished in ottawa, great move dumping him especiallly after he took the team to arbritration last summer.

a

I am looking for an obvious mark of sarcasm in this statement, but I'm not sure it's there. The Spock picture tells me you're serious, but the statement that Elliot should win rookie of they year seems absolutely ridiculous. I think Mason beats Elliot in pretty much every category.

Also, I think most people are giving Elliot a little too much credit. Sure he is getting the wins, but his numbers are not great. This record is due more to all of the offence the team is getting up front rather than the stellar play on the back.

48Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mojo wrote:

a

I am looking for an obvious mark of sarcasm in this statement, but I'm not sure it's there. The Spock picture tells me you're serious, but the statement that Elliot should win rookie of they year seems absolutely ridiculous. I think Mason beats Elliot in pretty much every category.

Also, I think most people are giving Elliot a little too much credit. Sure he is getting the wins, but his numbers are not great. This record is due more to all of the offence the team is getting up front rather than the stellar play on the back.

But, perhaps, one of the reasons his numbers (I assume you're talking about SV% and GAA) are not great is because of the team's offensive style. And while wer're at it, let's talk about our defense. Half the guys here are 6-7 guys on most teams. Lee is not even good enough to make our squad (got sent down early, only playing because Smith and Picard are out); Bell hasn't been able to land a full-time NHL job in several seasons; Schubert is, well, a 4th line banger. That's half of our D. A rookie goalie playing behind that D is not expected to get great numbers. Getting wins is a huge bonus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum