GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott sets NHL record

+15
beerandsens
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensFan71
TeamRenzo
Urkie
ddt
wprager
Cronie
Hockeyhero22000
smash88
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
caissie_1
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Hockey_League_records_(individual)

Most consecutive wins by a goaltender in his rookie season: Brian Elliott, 6 (2008-09)

Unbelievable! :KKK:

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:37 pm

He's not an NHL goaltender though... man, I'm so glad he is proving me correct and a lot of media types wrong!

3Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't make the link work for some reason.

Put this in search and you should be okay.

List of NHL records (individual)

4Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:51 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He's tearing it up... So happy we finally have a brigth young goaltender.

5Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 pm

We have had that bright young goalie for a while. People were so wrapped up in Emery last year that people failed to see the tallent of this kid. Glad to see no one gives a damn about Emery anymore.

6Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here's a working link: NHL Individual Records

7Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm pretty sure Patty Lalime holds that record. And it's a lot more than 6 wins.

Either way, The Name Dropper is a fool.

8Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm pretty sure Patty Lalime holds that record. And it's a lot more than 6 wins.

Lalime's in there for longest unbeaten streak (16, 14-0-2), which probably doesn't make sense why he's not there. Hmmm...

I guess you have to take into account that it's Wikipedia - and they get their Dung wrong all the time.

9Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm pretty sure Patty Lalime holds that record. And it's a lot more than 6 wins.

In his rookie season?

10Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Elliott is very very good. I seriously think he should win rookie of the year.

So what to do? Deal for a starting goalie in his place to crush his spirits lol. Did they not learn with the gerber incident.

However, I can't dispute Verm for what's his face and a draft pick. Verm was finished in ottawa, great move dumping him especiallly after he took the team to arbritration last summer.

a

11Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:In his rookie season?

Yeah, with the Pens.

I'm starting to seriously doubt Wikipedia on this one. How can Mason not have wracked up 6 in a row? Or Belfour?

12Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:In his rookie season?

Yeah, with the Pens.

I'm starting to seriously doubt Wikipedia on this one. How can Mason not have wracked up 6 in a row? Or Belfour?

Yeah I believe Lalime's was his first 16 games in the NHL also wasn't it?

13Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

he was 14-0-2 he may not have won 6 in a row could have been 5 wins then a tie then 5 and a tie then the last two i couldnt find the stats on those previous games

14Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:22 pm

504Heater wrote:

Lalime's in there for longest unbeaten streak (16, 14-0-2), which probably doesn't make sense why he's not there. Hmmm...

I guess you have to take into account that it's Wikipedia - and they get their Dung wrong all the time.

His (Lalime) is also to start a career. Elliot's record could technically happen at any point in the season. With a 14-0-2 record, it's almost impossible for Lalime to not have put 6 together it seems. How does Mason not have 6 this year the way he's played. Oh well, good on Elliot.

15Brian Elliott sets NHL record Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 pm

I think it is an Ottawa record to be honest with you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum