GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott sets NHL record

+15
beerandsens
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensFan71
TeamRenzo
Urkie
ddt
wprager
Cronie
Hockeyhero22000
smash88
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
caissie_1
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

he was 14-0-2 he may not have won 6 in a row could have been 5 wins then a tie then 5 and a tie then the last two i couldnt find the stats on those previous games

17Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:22 pm

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm pretty sure Patty Lalime holds that record. And it's a lot more than 6 wins.

Either way, The Name Dropper is a fool.

Lalime's in there for longest unbeaten streak (16, 14-0-2), which probably doesn't make sense why he's not there. Hmmm...

I guess you have to take into account that it's Wikipedia - and they get their Dung wrong all the time.

His (Lalime) is also to start a career. Elliot's record could technically happen at any point in the season. With a 14-0-2 record, it's almost impossible for Lalime to not have put 6 together it seems. How does Mason not have 6 this year the way he's played. Oh well, good on Elliot.

18Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 pm

I think it is an Ottawa record to be honest with you.

19Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Either way, whether it's an NHL record or an Ottawa record, good on ya Brian! Atta-boy!

Wouldn't suck if both Elliott and LeClair tear it up next year?! Poor Clouston, who to put in?!!?

20Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, well at least goaltending is the last thing we have to worry about at this point. One more good D man and we are going to be set I think.

Again, cut loose the guys who dont do thier jobs or fit in.

21Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mason's only had at most 4 wins in a row this season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/gamelog?playerId=3657

Lalime set an NHL rookie record by going undefeated in his first 16 games. I've yet to find the game log from that year to see what order it happened in though...

22Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:He's not an NHL goaltender though... man, I'm so glad he is proving me correct and a lot of media types wrong!

Oh, man, I've got to remember to listen to TGOR tomorrow morning. I'm sending an e-mail to them to make sure they mention this to Pierre.

23Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:he was 14-0-2 he may not have won 6 in a row could have been 5 wins then a tie then 5 and a tie then the last two i couldnt find the stats on those previous games

Patty's record is also split over two seasons.

24Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:39 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Mason's only had at most 4 wins in a row this season...

Lalime set an NHL rookie record by going undefeated in his first 16 games. I've yet to find the game log from that year to see what order it happened in though...

Ask and ye shall receive... This clearly shows that Lalime also had a 6-game win streak in his rookie season, from dec 28 to jan 10.

25Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

ddt wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive... This clearly shows that Lalime also had a 6-game win streak in his rookie season, from dec 28 to jan 10.

fine then we get the win for elliot in his next start and then there is no debate becasue in that game log lalime had 6 but not 7 so give elliot his 7th and everyone is happy and there is no arguement

26Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's ESPN but the guy says that 6 straight wins as a rookie is a Sens record. Just scroll halfway down the page and it will say Ottawa rookie wins 5th straight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/elias?date=20090314

27Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ddt wrote:

There it is. Nice find DDT.

28Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ddt wrote:

Nice find. I was not able to get those stats off nhl.com for some reason...

29Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Urkie wrote:It's ESPN but the guy says that 6 straight wins as a rookie is a Sens record. Just scroll halfway down the page and it will say Ottawa rookie wins 5th straight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/elias?date=20090314
Nice. The text:

"OTTAWA ROOKIE WINS 5TH STRAIGHT
Ottawa rookie Brian Elliott won his fifth consecutive game with a 4-3 shootout victory in Pittsburgh. Elliott is one shy of the Senators record for the longest winning streak in one season by a rookie goaltender (six games), a mark set by Jani Hurme in 2000-01 and matched by Ray Emery in 2005-06."

Nice job Elliott!

30Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Keep the wins coming boys! C'mon Elliott!
#6 tonight I hope.

31Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:47 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Nice find. I was not able to get those stats off nhl.com for some reason...

There is a trick to it. If you go to a player page on NHL.com, there are four tabs for the various info: Stats, Game Log, Notes and News. If you click on Game Log, you'll get all of this year's games. But if you look at the address box, you'll notice that the URL ends with "view=log&season=20082009". Simply substitute the years for the season you want (19961997 for Lalime's rookie year), and voila!

32Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Pretty sure it is a Sens record boys which I believe he tied Emery and Hurme.

33Brian Elliott sets NHL record - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Elliott sets NHL record Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ddt wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nice find. I was not able to get those stats off nhl.com for some reason...

There is a trick to it. If you go to a player page on NHL.com, there are four tabs for the various info: Stats, Game Log, Notes and News. If you click on Game Log, you'll get all of this year's games. But if you look at the address box, you'll notice that the URL ends with "view=log&season=20082009". Simply substitute the years for the season you want (19961997 for Lalime's rookie year), and voila!
Sweet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum