GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens.

Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap20%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap20%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap250%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 50% [ 4 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap213%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap213%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Mon May 03, 2010 10:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All he did was improve his numbers in all categories and was a big reason for a Sens win streak record set this season, along with Sens a goalie record and a few NHL stars of the week. His playoff performance was a microcosm of his stretches of inconsistent and sometimes terrible play which is why Elliott won't get as high of a grade as he may have had he been more consistent.

Elliott gets a B- from me.

- Unknown Author

2Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Mon May 03, 2010 11:20 am

I gave him a B. He was inconsistent, which is to be expected, but when push came to shove prior to the Olympic break he got us into the post season. Playoff experience will do him well in the future (either here or elsewhere).

3Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I didn't realize just how good Elliott's numbers have been throughout his whole career.

Check it out if you haven't already.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?pos=G&pid=72686

4Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A-

He could have folded anytime during the year when the Sens were trying every way possible to get Leclaire in there, but he stuck with it, worked hard and improved his numbers to that of a bonafide number one.

Next year, I expect his numbers to improve again. This guy is a winner and along with Kovalev, one of the only reasons we enjoyed playoff hockey - as short lived as it was.

Anyone not giving him an 'A' is looking at the playoffs as well, which were poor. But then, the entire Sens team crapped themselves at times, he'll bounce back.

5Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't realize just how good Elliott's numbers have been throughout his whole career.

Some of us have been trying to explain this for a long time. The kid does well wherever he goes. NCAA, check. AHL, check. NHL, starting to get up there.

6Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't realize just how good Elliott's numbers have been throughout his whole career.

Some of us have been trying to explain this for a long time. The kid does well wherever he goes. NCAA, check. AHL, check. NHL, starting to get up there.

Yeah, I think we definitely have a keeper here. An Elliott and Lehner 1/2 punch will be very nice down the line. I think we could finally be consistent in nets if all works out.

7Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Yeah, I think we definitely have a keeper here. An Elliott and Lehner 1/2 punch will be very nice down the line. I think we could finally be consistent in nets if all works out.

Uh yeah, we have a keeper. If the opportunity comes up, you move Leclaire - quickly.

8Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Uh yeah, we have a keeper. If the opportunity comes up, you move Leclaire - quickly.

I hope Murray does it this summer. I wonder if he would have Lehner come up to back up this early if that were the case or if we would just sign Biron or something...

9Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

After Leclaire's performance in the 2 games he played in the playoffs, his stock is probably at its highest right now.

10Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Biron would be 100% perfect actually.

11Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Biron would be 100% perfect actually.

For sure, he'd also be much cheaper and probably very similar to Leclaire at this point in his career.

12Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

For sure, he'd also be much cheaper and probably very similar to Leclaire at this point in his career.

They're about equals, yeah. Leclaire has this 'potential' though. Pfft. Potential to get hurt going to the bathroom.

13Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

I'm willing to give Leclaire another shot personally. Just like I was willing to support Gerber when he carried the team in the early Paddock days.

Will Leclaire pull a Gerber? I hope not.

- Unknown Author

14Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Leclaire isnt going anywhere. He's a guy Murray went after, he showed he might be a money goaltender and with any luck he may very well be the starter Ottawa needs right now and for the next 2 or 3 years.

Elliott has proven he is a capable NHL goaltender and can be counted on for long stretches. That was his first NHL season for the most part and just because he wasnt a rookei doesnt mean he didnt have a ton of inexpierence going in.

Ottawa is going with Leclaire and Elliott next year. There honestly is nothing to talk about in terms of who is going to be in nets to start the year or backing up. It's those two.

15Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

They're about equals, yeah. Leclaire has this 'potential' though. Pfft. Potential to get hurt going to the bathroom.

Laughing3 Enough paying for "potential" though. We've got the real deal coming up in Lehner and Elliott is ready to be Number 1 now. So, the room is not there for him anymore. Someone else can pay for his potential elsewhere. I'm sure there is a team out the that would take a chance on him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum