GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens.

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens.

Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_lcap250%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 4 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
N4L wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Biron would be 100% perfect actually.

For sure, he'd also be much cheaper and probably very similar to Leclaire at this point in his career.

I'm willing to give Leclaire another shot personally. Just like I was willing to support Gerber when he carried the team in the early Paddock days.

Will Leclaire pull a Gerber? I hope not.

Wow, I hope not. Who knows though really? We still don't really know Leclaire yet and what he can bring to the team, aside from inconsistency in the regular season from being hurt all the time, and the 2 games in the playoffs in which he was spectacular. Hopefully that's the Leclaire that shows up in training camp. FingersCrossed

He does make a heck of a lot of money though.

You realize how unlucky he was this year right? A puck doesnt hit you in the face every game or practice. Hell, take Fisher off the team and Leclaire plays the season healthy. The guy has so much tallent it isnt funny and to just bail on him after showing what he could do in the playoffs and basically carrying The Sens the first 10 games of the season if people forget would be stupid.

Seriously, Leclaire isnt going anywhere and I hope he isnt, he's the most tallented goaltender Ottawa has ever had.

Really??!! I think you're forgetting someone named Dominik Hasek...

He played like 40 games, who cares. He is a sidenote in terms of Sens history.

32Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

That's what I was saying though, he was hurt all year so we don't really know what he can do yet. I don't want the team paying for "potential" that's all. But, we're going to have to and cross our fingers that he can be good. I think he can for sure, I just don't know yet because I really don't know what kind of a goalie he is yet and what he's capable of. 1 good season in Columbus doesn't make you awesome. Sorry.

33Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Yeah, except the fact he has proven that he can handle the playoff pressure and steal games in The NHL. Where did I say he had "potential"? I said he is the better goalie, he can handle pressure, and when healthy is a legit number 1. People act like this guy got hurt on the ice during a game. He battled harder then I thought he was capable of in the playoffs.

You want to blame anyone for that concussion in the middle of the season, blame Fisher. Hitting your goaltender in practice in the head is a major no-no.

Again, I hope you're right.

34Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

For sure, he'd also be much cheaper and probably very similar to Leclaire at this point in his career.

I'm willing to give Leclaire another shot personally. Just like I was willing to support Gerber when he carried the team in the early Paddock days.

Wow, I hope not. Who knows though really? We still don't really know Leclaire yet and what he can bring to the team, aside from inconsistency in the regular season from being hurt all the time, and the 2 games in the playoffs in which he was spectacular. Hopefully that's the Leclaire that shows up in training camp. FingersCrossed

You realize how unlucky he was this year right? A puck doesnt hit you in the face every game or practice. Hell, take Fisher off the team and Leclaire plays the season healthy. The guy has so much tallent it isnt funny and to just bail on him after showing what he could do in the playoffs and basically carrying The Sens the first 10 games of the season if people forget would be stupid.

Seriously, Leclaire isnt going anywhere and I hope he isnt, he's the most tallented goaltender Ottawa has ever had.

I'm with you on that. I hope I didn't come across the wrong way. I haven't given up on him and I agree with you on his performance at the start and in the playoffs. I'm not writing him off yet. He has another season to try to pick up where he left on in the playoffs.

- Unknown Author

35Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:43 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

N4L wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
N4L wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Really??!! I think you're forgetting someone named Dominik Hasek...

He played like 40 games, who cares. He is a sidenote in terms of Sens history.

Are you listening to yourself? Or reading what you're writing? How many games did Leclaire play for us???! And you're saying he's the most talented goalie the Sens have ever had?! WOW! OK THEN! I can't take you seriously anymore if you're going to spew Dung.

36Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Hasek literally makes Leclaire look like Jim Carrey.

37Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Leclaire with Sens - 34GP - 3.20GAA - .887PCT - 12Wins
Hasek with Sens - 43GP - 2.09GAA - 9.25PCT - 5 SO 28wins

Hmmm..who's the best to ever play for the Sens again?

38Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Wow...

39Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:That's what I was saying though, he was hurt all year so we don't really know what he can do yet. I don't want the team paying for "potential" that's all. But, we're going to have to and cross our fingers that he can be good. I think he can for sure, I just don't know yet because I really don't know what kind of a goalie he is yet and what he's capable of. 1 good season in Columbus doesn't make you awesome. Sorry.

When Leclaire is healthy and on, everyone saw what he could do. This isnt a guy that can do spot work as a backup, he's a number 1 guy and needs to play.

He carried The Sens the first 1/4ish of the season and almost saved The Sens year in the playoffs. He's a good goaltender and giving up on him after 1 year would just be stupid. It's not like Elliott is the obvious choice going into next year and Im high on the guy.

People say "we cant trade Spezza" whie saying "he will improve" or "he has the potential to be great". Then the same people will say Leclaire is garbage and is overpaid and a cap concern, haha. Yeah, 1 year at 3.8 vs 5 years at 7 mil and the first is the cap concern and the liability. Hell both are injury prone too.

Leclaire was more valuable to The Sens the first 1/2 of the season and in the playoffs then Spezza was.

40Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
When Leclaire is healthy and on, everyone saw what he could do. This isnt a guy that can do spot work as a backup, he's a number 1 guy and needs to play.

He carried The Sens the first 1/4ish of the season and almost saved The Sens year in the playoffs. He's a good goaltender and giving up on him after 1 year would just be stupid. It's not like Elliott is the obvious choice going into next year and Im high on the guy.

People say "we cant trade Spezza" whie saying "he will improve" or "he has the potential to be great". Then the same people will say Leclaire is garbage and is overpaid and a cap concern, haha. Yeah, 1 year at 3.8 vs 5 years at 7 mil and the first is the cap concern and the liability. Hell both are injury prone too.

Leclaire was more valuable to The Sens the first 1/2 of the season and in the playoffs then Spezza was.

So help me, if you get me even a little bit excited about Leclaire and he pulls his wiener doing yoga, or craps everywhere, I'm going to be displeased.

And this kind of 4 paragraph post can get people excited about the prospect that maybe he did only have bad luck - and he didn't give up back-breaking goals every game that destroyed our chances of winning.

There's a chance, that's almost all I can say right now.

41Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:Leclaire with Sens - 34GP - 3.20GAA - .887PCT - 12Wins
Hasek with Sens - 43GP - 2.09GAA - 9.25PCT - 5 SO 28wins

Hmmm..who's the best to ever play for the Sens again?

Umm, are you kidding me? Hasek bailed on the team and battled through nothing. The Sens had a 40 year old Hasek. He didnt do a thing for The Sens except cause headachs and pretty much cost them the cup in 06. You want to comapre the two, go ahead but dont spit out stats that are going to change within the next year.

Leclaire is signed through to next year, is an RFA after that, and could very well be the goaltender in Ottawa for the next 5 years.

How about you throw up the playoff stats if you want to start putting up those regular season ones. I'll save you some time and put up Hasek's.

K, done.

42Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:55 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

So help me, if you get me even a little bit excited about Leclaire and he pulls his wiener doing yoga, or craps everywhere, I'm going to be displeased.

And this kind of 4 paragraph post can get people excited about the prospect that maybe he did only have bad luck - and he didn't give up back-breaking goals every game that destroyed our chances of winning.

There's a chance, that's almost all I can say right now.

Im not going to say Leclaire doesnt have something to prove, he does. He has to stay healthy. Dont act like take a Mike Fisher snap shot with and without a mask is like tripping on a stair and messing up your ankle.

There is no reason to give up on Leclaire, none. Anyone who says cap space, well you better look at a few other guys if you bring that up, ie Spezza, Kovalev, Fisher, so on. All guys that are totally inconsistant and injury prone... oh, also all have more years and more money per year comitted to them then Leclaire.

43Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Come on, Hasek was electric. He bailed, that's on his personality, not on his talent. He was by far the best goalie we've ever had.

44Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Im not going to say Leclaire doesnt have something to prove, he does. He has to stay healthy. Dont act like take a Mike Fisher snap shot with and without a mask is like tripping on a stair and messing up your ankle.

There is no reason to give up on Leclaire, none. Anyone who says cap space, well you better look at a few other guys if you bring that up, ie Spezza, Kovalev, Fisher, so on. All guys that are totally inconsistant and injury prone... oh, also all have more years and more money per year comitted to them then Leclaire.

Yeah, this is a big year for him. That's a big plus if he ends up staying. His attitude is good, his talent is...probably good enough - however very unproven.

45Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 3:58 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Come on, Hasek was electric. He bailed, that's on his personality, not on his talent. He was by far the best goalie we've ever had.

Best for a stretch of 40 games, his tallent at that point was fadding to say the least, he also played behind the best defense in The NHL. He was 39 and on the down swing, the next year after that he was brutal and lost his job to Osgood.

Leclaire is the most tallented goaltender The Sens have ever had, 39 year old Hasek might have had the expierence but still didnt have the tallent Leciare does right now at that point in his career.

46Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

Yeah, this is a big year for him. That's a big plus if he ends up staying. His attitude is good, his talent is...probably good enough - however very unproven.

I dont think you appriciate how much tallent Leclaire has. I agree that this is an absolutely huge year for him though and he has to stay healthy. You need a guy who can steal games with a young blueline because if mistake happen, they cant always end up in the back of the net.

He's proven in terms of what he can do, he has to stay healthy, that's the long and short of it. That playoff performance was huge in terms of showing what he can do under pressure. That alone is worth another shot.

47Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 4:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

I dont think you appriciate how much tallent Leclaire has. I agree that this is an absolutely huge year for him though and he has to stay healthy. You need a guy who can steal games with a young blueline because if mistake happen, they cant always end up in the back of the net.

He's proven in terms of what he can do, he has to stay healthy, that's the long and short of it. That playoff performance was huge in terms of showing what he can do under pressure. That alone is worth another shot.

Yeah, I'll confess right now to not knowing what he can bring. We haven't seen enough of him here and he's only had one good (half) year in the NHL. If we give him a shot - and we will, we have no choice - and he's awesome, I will be so happy, words won't describe it. I still refuse to get my hopes up though.

48Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brian Elliott - Grade the Sens. Wed May 05, 2010 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I do think it sucks for Elliott though, he'll undoubtedly be relegated to back-up...again, and I don't really think he deserves that, but hey, in the end, all I want is for this team's goalies to have a healthy competition going. I know Elliott's prepared for that, we'll see how Leclaire does. I also reiterate that I like Leclaire's attitude -and that can go a long way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum