GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mezaros to TB for Kuba, Picard and a 1st

+7
Aetherial
A-Train
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Hayden
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

It's not. He'd added the physical element to his game now apparently and loves to throw his weight around.

As they say over in HB land... Source?

Picard absolutely crushes people in in his own end. He will be the physical presence on d, not Shane O'Brien. I'm hoping I am proved wrong about SOB because I think he's terrible.

Straight from the mouth of a TB fan.
you found one affraid

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Picard absolutely crushes people in in his own end. He will be the physical presence on d, not Shane O'Brien. I'm hoping I am proved wrong about SOB because I think he's terrible.

Hmmm. I hope your, and this fellow's, confidence is well place, I do...

... but random TB poster #44 is not inspiring me with a sense of certainty. Time will tell us for sure, I suppose.

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

... but random TB poster #44 is not inspiring me with a sense of certainty. Time will tell us for sure, I suppose.
lets hope :D

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

It's not. He'd added the physical element to his game now apparently and loves to throw his weight around.

you found one affraid

Haha. I found a whole bunch tonight. They don't like Kuba too much, but they seem to love Picard.

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

you found one affraid

Haha. I found a whole bunch tonight. They don't like Kuba too much, but they seem to love Picard.
i love to rip on the florida fanbase :D
sorry, i mean "fanbase"

Last edited by Tukker on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

This sentiment is coming from a lot of fans on HFBoards. At the very least we know that the fans held him in very high regard and that Murray did as well. I think we're in for a really good player here. Like Schubert+. It's random takes right now, but this is what I'm getting.

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This sentiment is coming from a lot of fans on HFBoards. At the very least we know that the fans held him in very high regard and that Murray did as well. I think we're in for a really good player here. Like Schubert+. It's random takes right now, but this is what I'm getting.
good to know :bounce:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:i love to rip on the florida fanbase :D

It's true though, there really aren't many out there. There are hundreds and hundreds of fans of other team's fans talking about this and tens of Tampa fans.

They sell out though. So...yeah. 8)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:

Friggin Murray is building the Ducks here. It's pretty obvious.

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:i love to rip on the florida fanbase :D

It's true though, there really aren't many out there. There are hundreds and hundreds of fans of other team's fans talking about this and tens of Tampa fans.

They sell out though. So...yeah. 8)
i wouldn't have a problem re-locating them

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Murray already built the ducks, they're called..... the ducks

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Hmmm. I find your Schubert comparison puzzling. Reading around on Picard, I get the impression that he's kind of a Brian Lee type player, but without the same defensive poise. Plenty of reliable sources -- including Dobber -- give him a good offensive upside (40+ point ability), but mention his lack of physicality, his 'big player playing a small player game' complex. If he's addressed the latter issue without sacrificing any of the former, he might be a very decent prospect after all.

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Hmmm. I find your Schubert comparison puzzling. Reading around on Picard, I get the impression that he's kind of a Brian Lee type player, but without the same defensive poise. Plenty of reliable sources -- including Dobber -- give him a good offensive upside (40+ point ability), but mention his lack of physicality, his 'big player playing a small player game' complex. If he's addressed the latter issue without sacrificing any of the former, he might be a very decent prospect after all.
im hopin for more than a decent prospect right now :x

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:

Again with the misquoting! I said "very decent prospect." Smile

The thing about prospects is, well, they're prospects. Their potential, their value is largely speculative, projective. Picard could turn out to be a very decent, perhaps even full-time NHL ready prospect. I mean that as high praise -- but let's face it, we didn't sneak in an Erik Johnson through the backdoor or anything.

rooneypoo wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Again with the misquoting! I said "very decent prospect." Smile

The thing about prospects is, well, they're prospects. Their potential, their value is largely speculative, projective. Picard could turn out to be a very decent, perhaps even full-time NHL ready prospect. I mean that as high praise -- but let's face it, we didn't sneak in an Erik Johnson through the backdoor or anything.
for every zetterurg there's a daigle Sad

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:

True that, my friend, true that.

Anyway, beddy-bye time for me. I'm spent. Cheers.

rooneypoo wrote:
Tukker wrote:

True that, my friend, true that.

Anyway, beddy-bye time for me. I'm spent. Cheers.
im tryin to get my cycle back, so im up all night :D Smile Crying Sad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Murray already built the ducks, they're called..... the ducks

:D True enough...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum