GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mezaros to TB for Kuba, Picard and a 1st

+7
Aetherial
A-Train
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Hayden
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
for every zetterurg there's a daigle Sad

True that, my friend, true that.

Anyway, beddy-bye time for me. I'm spent. Cheers.

rooneypoo wrote:
Tukker wrote:
for every zetterurg there's a daigle Sad

True that, my friend, true that.

Anyway, beddy-bye time for me. I'm spent. Cheers.
im tryin to get my cycle back, so im up all night :D Smile Crying Sad

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
good to know :bounce:

Friggin Murray is building the Ducks here. It's pretty obvious.
Murray already built the ducks, they're called..... the ducks

:D True enough...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Hmmm. I find your Schubert comparison puzzling. Reading around on Picard, I get the impression that he's kind of a Brian Lee type player, but without the same defensive poise. Plenty of reliable sources -- including Dobber -- give him a good offensive upside (40+ point ability), but mention his lack of physicality, his 'big player playing a small player game' complex. If he's addressed the latter issue without sacrificing any of the former, he might be a very decent prospect after all.

I hope so to. I like Schubert a lot, I look at Picard as a Schubert who has a little more upside. Man, I hope he's gotten as physical as people are saying...that would be really, really nice.

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

murray built the team that won the cup :D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Next we'll be adding a "Church of Murray" link on the right. Let's not canonize the man yet. True, he had a hand in building the Ducks, but where would that team be without Niedermayer and Pronger (I'm not giving Burke credit here -- those were very lucky happenstances) and without the resurgence of Selanne? I'm not doubting Murray is good, but he's not great yet.

P.S. Tukker, that wwas meant not meant strictly as a reply to you.

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Next we'll be adding a "Church of Murray" link on the right. Let's not canonize the man yet. True, he had a hand in building the Ducks, but where would that team be without Niedermayer and Pronger (I'm not giving Burke credit here -- those were very lucky happenstances) and without the resurgence of Selanne? I'm not doubting Murray is good, but he's not great yet.

P.S. Tukker, that wwas meant not meant strictly as a reply to you.
murray built alot of they're depth though

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
[EDIT: don't even both with Sensjunkie, actually. He thinks Picard's a winger... !]

I can tell you from doing hockey pools that it is very annoying to have two Alexandre Picard's, born in the same year.

Luckily, neither is a pool factor so I just throw them out Smile

114Mezaros to TB for Kuba, Picard and a 1st - Page 8 Empty Re: Mezaros to TB for Kuba, Picard and a 1st Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:34 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I remember telling clutch how I found HB and starting talking to you guys/girls. I literally googled the words "TRADE MESZAROS" because I was really frustrated with how much he thought he was worth when he really struggled defensively IMO.

You guys helped me realize that he is very young and will probably improve over time, but I can't hide it, I'm thrilled I don't have to watch him learn the hard way complete with huge defensive gaffes and brutal pinches in the playoffs. That is, of course, unless Kuba is more of the same.

BTW, someone on TSN's your call made a point that Meszaros will be an all star in 3 years. Sure, but Kuba was also an all star and I hope our 1st rounder (San Jose's via Tampa) can be a player of that caliber as well. After all, Mesz was a 23rd overall pick.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

This sentiment is coming from a lot of fans on HFBoards. At the very least we know that the fans held him in very high regard and that Murray did as well. I think we're in for a really good player here. Like Schubert+. It's random takes right now, but this is what I'm getting.

Just to follow up on this conversation from last night, re: Picard, physical player or not?

It's starting to sound like you are indeed right about this (yay!). Here's what the Ottawa Citizen's article on the Meszaros trade had to say:

"Picard is well known to hockey fans across the Ottawa River. Originally
drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers, he was impressive after joining the
Lightning in a trade late last season, scoring three goals and three
assists in 20 games. He also showcased his 6-2, 220-pound frame
physically and is expected to make his mark with solid bodychecking for
the Senators."

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/sports/senators/story.html?id=5e945aea-62f3-49cd-9ed4-e6630f15324a

That's a very different Picard than I've been reading about lately... and for the better!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Just to follow up on this conversation from last night, re: Picard, physical player or not?

It's starting to sound like you are indeed right about this (yay!). Here's what the Ottawa Citizen's article on the Meszaros trade had to say:

"Picard is well known to hockey fans across the Ottawa River. Originally
drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers, he was impressive after joining the
Lightning in a trade late last season, scoring three goals and three
assists in 20 games. He also showcased his 6-2, 220-pound frame
physically and is expected to make his mark with solid bodychecking for
the Senators."

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/sports/senators/story.html?id=5e945aea-62f3-49cd-9ed4-e6630f15324a

That's a very different Picard than I've been reading about lately... and for the better!

I know ey? Thank goodness he started using his massive frame. Fun!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum