GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?!

+2
Mojo
PKC
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:43 am

Apparently Kuba is going to play with Picard tonight. I am not sure I like it too much. Although we aren't winning and you have to try different things, Kubaseems to be the only pleasant surprise this year in terms of production. He is not overly physical but that complemented Smith. Now it looks like Smith and Richardson? Holy slow motion Batman!!! If I am a forward with that defensive combo, I am going to be looking to stay back a bit and watch a lot of pucks go off the glass just to get out of the defensive zone. Train wreck waiting to happen. I love JSmith but Richardson is tooooo slow and not a good compliment for the game Jason plays. Basically Smith is Richardson just 6 or 7 years younger.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So,

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-Picard
Smith-Richardson
?

UHHH, why?????/

3Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Those are some ugly pairings! Not quite sure why, on a team with only 2 offencive defence men, they would put both on the same pairing, and have two pairings of stay-at-home defence men. I guess we'll find out soon enough how these pairings work out.

4Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Talk about Terrible idea. Keep Picard on the bottom pair and limit his ice time to PP and 5 on 5 vs. the opposing teams 4th line. I'd prefer they bench him all together but that's apparently not going to happen.

Kuba is not great defensively so this move boggles the mind. Our two worst D in terms of defensive awareness paired together? Remind you of anything cough Redden and Meszaros cough. This is a head scratcher to say the least. Top it all off with the two slowest D paired together and it's a recipe for disaster IMO.

- Unknown Author

5Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:06 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I do not like those pairings at all.

Kuba - Pickard would scare me almost as much as Redden - Meszaros did last year...

6Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Defence pairings for today:
Schubert - Volchenkov
Picard - Kuba
Smith - Richardson

Phillips out with a bruised foot but should be fine... I guess game-time decision?

Doh.

7Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This will get ugly FAST if Phillips is out. It's already bad enough with him IN.

- Unknown Author

8Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Defence pairings for today:
Schubert - Volchenkov
Picard - Kuba
Smith - Richardson

Phillips out with a bruised foot but should be fine... I guess game-time decision?

Doh.

Schubert - Volchenkov will be interesting.

The other two pairings will be horrifying.

Picard - Kuba are going to be CRUSHED on dump ins, I can see it now...

9Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This will get ugly FAST if Phillips is out. It's already bad enough with him IN.
No doubt about it.

10Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In what stratosphere do you not play Schubert with J.Smith? I don't get it.

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Picard
Schubert - Smith

Done, done and done.

Is that too hard to figure out Hartsburg?

11Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:In what stratosphere do you not play Schubert with J.Smith? I don't get it.

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Picard
Schubert - Smith

Done, done and done.

And if Phillips is out? The lines were assuming Phillips was out. Maybe we'll see your lines if Phillips is in.

12Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:In what stratosphere do you not play Schubert with J.Smith? I don't get it.

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Picard
Schubert - Smith

Done, done and done.

And if Phillips is out? The lines were assuming Phillips was out. Maybe we'll see your lines if Phillips is in.

It says something about Schubert if they take Richardson down there over him....

13Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That Kuba-Picard pairing still scares the bejeebers outta me affraid

- Unknown Author

14Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattbond wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Picard
Schubert - Smith

Done, done and done.

It says something about Schubert if they take Richardson down there over him....
Indeed. I would hope, that if Big Rig is good to go, he'd take his usual spot and we'd see Schubs in there instead of Richardson.

15Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Empty Re: Kuba to play with Picard... bad move?! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know this is way off topic but I didn't feel this was topic creation worthy :D Anyone read Avery's comments about Redden and Naslund? The guy says that the fact that they played for Vancouver and Ottawa that they were playing in a "Pressure-Free" environment!!! Is this guy serious??

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum