GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers

+9
PTFlea
asq2
beedub
LeCaptain
PKC
Snuh
SensFan71
davetherave
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers - Page 3 Empty Re: Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah-ha! Good point SF. I so hope this kid pans out.

32Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers - Page 3 Empty Re: Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

beedub wrote:Somehow, I am assuming that Bryan Murray did not pull off that trade based on the recommendations of one Pierre McGuire. I do believe he has in his employ a professional scout or two (perhaps even dare to say... a team of them) who know their scouting business a little better than McGuire who recommended to Murray to trade for him.

Come off it. McGuire likes making the occassional outlandish statement. He's a media guy. If he spoke in a dry monotone and didn't make any bold predictions, who'd watch him. How long would he last on TSN. Say the samething for Torts when he was there, or Milbury.... Calling him an Donkey monkey....for those who call him that, I am willing to make a wager that his salary is close to quadruple what you make. Who is the Donkey monkey now?

:KKK: :KKK:
Thanks beedub. This was EXACTLY what I was going to say. And you know what else? They LOVE when the general public stirs the pot like this too and drive them crazy, because it just gives them that much more attention.

Media people are encouraged to make outlandish statements because that's what attracts people.

You nailed it right on the head.

33Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers - Page 3 Empty Re: Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:22 am

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

This article is a purely statistical and very subjective analysis. The author has extrapolated the Sens goaltenders best years, then brushes off Leclaire's best season with what seems to be nothing more than "it's about time, but you still suck".

Aside from the bias, McGuire may have jumped the gun but if he did it was most likely based on McGuire's observations of how Leclaire played, not on an arbitrary collection of statistics that don't include Leclaire's performance for team Canada.

It's easy to spin stats. "After the season, Leclaire helped Canada win a silver medal at the
world championships, going 4-0 with a 2.00 GAA and a shutout in four
contests." Well Cam Ward let in 12 goals in his 5 games. I guess that means Leclaire is better than Ward.

On another note I found this interesting game log...

Oct. 18 9:12 AM PT10:12 AM MT11:12 AM CT12:12 PM ET5:12 PM GMT1:12 AM 北京时间-Leclaire
stopped a hard shot with the palm side of his blocker with just over 5
minutes left in Friday's 5-3 win over Nashville. He then left the ice
in pain while holding out his bare right hand.
Analysis: The club said Leclaire (2-2-0, 4.00 GAA) didn't break any bones, just bruised a thumb.

34Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers - Page 3 Empty Re: Pascal Leclaire - The Numbers Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Benjamin Disraeli is reputed to have said it...Mark Twain popularized the phrase. As far as I know, neither declared their allegiance to a particular NHL team...nor are they related to Pierre McGuire, Wink though McGuire might--with his penchant for celebrity association--claim otherwise...

Last edited by davetherave on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum