GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pascal LeClair anyone?

+3
BigRig
Snuh
Number Twenty Nine
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I was listening to NHL network on XM this morning. There was speculation that CBJ may be inclined to move LeClaire given that Mason has been giving top shelf performance of late.

I'd love this upgrade over Gerber IMHO.

2Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I was listening to NHL network on XM this morning. There was speculation that CBJ may be inclined to move LeClaire given that Mason has been giving top shelf performance of late.

in a second. hes the 4th best goalie in the league, behind brodeaur, louie, and maybe Nabakov

3Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Lets fix the things are that are broken in Ottawa before we change the one thing that is actually working. Auld has been a top 5 goaltender in this league this year that we have for 1 mil this year and next, Leclaire has had 1 good year and still cant stay healthy. No thanks, not that it would happen anyways.

4Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

I'd take either Leclaire or Mason. Brassard too!

5Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:56 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Tukker wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I was listening to NHL network on XM this morning. There was speculation that CBJ may be inclined to move LeClaire given that Mason has been giving top shelf performance of late.

in a second. hes the 4th best goalie in the league, behind brodeaur, louie, and maybe Nabakov

I comes down to money though too.

We've got Auld playing great @ 1 million while Leclaire makes 3.8 for the next two years after this season. do you upgrade now or spend the money on upgrading your D?

Basically, it comes down to: who would you rather have Leclaire
OR
trade for J-Bow and run with Auld and Elliot?

6Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Tukker wrote:

I'd take Lundqvist over Leclaire, but he's definitely up in that stratosphere.

7Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:00 pm

BigRig77 wrote:
Tukker wrote:

I comes down to money though too.

We've got Auld playing great @ 1 million while Leclaire makes 3.8 for the next two years after this season. do you upgrade now or spend the money on upgrading your D?

Basically, it comes down to: who would you rather have Leclaire
OR
trade for J-Bow and run with Auld and Elliot?

Who says Leclaire is an upgrade? He has had 1 good year, thats it. He is always injured and fairly inconsistant. IMO, right now, Auld is the better goalie, signed for less, and seems to have found a home in Ottawa.

8Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:00 pm

mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

damn. I knew I forgot someone. take out Nabakov then, him and Leclair are on the same level

9Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:02 pm

mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Lundqvist, Thomas, Nabokov, Luongo, Brodure, Backstrom, Auld, Mason, Price, Miller, Toskala, I can go on, but those are all goalies I would take over Leclaire, he is nothing special at all.

10Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Lundqvist, Thomas, Nabokov, Luongo, Brodure, Backstrom, Auld, Mason, Price, Miller, Toskala, I can go on, but those are all goalies I would take over Leclaire, he is nothing special at all.

What about Turco? Could he be had due to his recent struggles?

11Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Snuh wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

What about Turco? Could he be had due to his recent struggles?

Who knows, still wouldnt touch him. Ottawa might have jsut found gold in Auld and thus far is the best free agent signing of the year like I have said before. He has been this teams MVP. There isnt a goalie in the league right now I would rather have for the price he is signed at and the way he is playing.

Turco is having serious trouble though, even last night he was awful. Really lucky a few of those shots didnt get to the twine.

12Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:11 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

leclair played on a weak Columbus team and did wonders for them

13Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
mattshock wrote:
Tukker wrote:

leclair played on a weak Columbus team and did wonders for them

1 year and even then he still couldnt stay healthy a whole season. Columbus has a good defensive system put in place and Leclaire also beniftted from that as well.

Leclaire is no where near the upper tier goalies in this league and the goalie Ottawa has now is better anyways. I wouldnt give up ANYTHING we have now to get a spare part from Columbus.

14Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Lets fix the things are that are broken in Ottawa before we change the one thing that is actually working. Auld has been a top 5 goaltender in this league this year that we have for 1 mil this year and next, Leclaire has had 1 good year and still cant stay healthy. No thanks, not that it would happen anyways.

Agreed.

15Pascal LeClair anyone? Empty Re: Pascal LeClair anyone? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:32 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

We need help on the backend. And, oddly enough, we need more scoring depth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum