GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5

+17
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Sp00nz
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
davetherave
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
PKC
jamvan
strachattack
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
wprager
PTFlea
Riprock
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:he took a sheldon sourray slap shot to the side of the knee but still no word

that's one big motherdiddle of an ouch right there, holy crap, he's got balls I tell you.

92Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not surprised. I think he really looked focused in relief of Auld in the Calgary game too.

My son (also a goalie) made a nice point last night. He thinks Leclaire will push Elliott to be a better goalie.

I 100% agree. I feel that the 2 of these guys together will be a great tandem - with a not too much older Leclaire helping Elliott a lot.

93Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:That kid was having a monster game... if they brought him in to replace Vermette he may be able to do it right away and perhaps surpass him and his production eventually.

There are a lot of things he does out there that make me believe this and the kid is only 22. He may be a 2nd line center a lot quicker then people think he will be. Aside from Karlsson I dont think we have a better prospect than that kid.

Was he ever. And to sacrifice himself like that...I saw it coming, he didn't flinch, he took it like a man, stayed out there, didn't curl into the fetal position, got to the bench on his own.

Good at face-offs, good vision on ice, good passing, aggressive forechecker. I'm quite high on him.

94Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not surprised. I think he really looked focused in relief of Auld in the Calgary game too.

My son (also a goalie) made a nice point last night. He thinks Leclaire will push Elliott to be a better goalie.

I 100% agree. I feel that the 2 of these guys together will be a great tandem - with a not too much older Leclaire helping Elliott a lot.

so then queue up the auld rumours, who needs a backup for cheap?

95Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Auld won't go anywhere. He needs to step in in case Leclaire's wonky groin, ankle, leg etc.... go out on him.

- Unknown Author

96Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's the best we can look forward too. And quite frankly, what better mentor for Elliott?

OH, it could be great things await this team and it's ever-hungry fan-base!!

97Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:That's the best we can look forward too. And quite frankly, what better mentor for Elliott?

OH, it could be great things await this team and it's ever-hungry fan-base!!

and if it isn't great things, then wow, it could be nasty in the nation's capital

98Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I gotta go to sleep - but what a performance by Brian Elliott the night after Murray goes out and acquires a number one goalie. Elliott could have moped around and got eaten alive tonight, but he showed a lot of character.

I'm not surprised. I think he really looked focused in relief of Auld in the Calgary game too.

your son has a real good point, if Elliott wants playing time, he is going to have to play up to Leclaire's level, am hoping that level is tremendously high and injury free.

Or calmly wait for him to be injured FingersCrossed

99Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:47 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I gotta go to sleep - but what a performance by Brian Elliott the night after Murray goes out and acquires a number one goalie. Elliott could have moped around and got eaten alive tonight, but he showed a lot of character.

I'm not surprised. I think he really looked focused in relief of Auld in the Calgary game too.

your son has a real good point, if Elliott wants playing time, he is going to have to play up to Leclaire's level, am hoping that level is tremendously high and injury free.

I hope you haven't jinxed us lol

100Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The jinx was already in place, with the number of times he injures himself.
I think I un-jinxed it cheers

101Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:54 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The jinx was already in place, with the number of times he injures himself.
I think I un-jinxed it cheers

then you sir are a saint and we are all in your debt :G:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum