GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5

+17
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Sp00nz
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
davetherave
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
PKC
jamvan
strachattack
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
wprager
PTFlea
Riprock
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
marakh wrote:
If you listened to the Murray conference yesterday, when asked what would he do with Auld, he said, well, there`s always the summer, we dont know yet but anything could happen.

Was that about Auld or about the team in general (Spezza, Smith, Phillips, Kelly?)

The question was specific to Auld. THe video is on the sens website, BTW.

32Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
504H...cool new avatar...is that the 'new and improved' Spartacat?

Look at how unhappy that kitty is though. He looks like he's frowning.

So cute though...I think I just needed a cuddly avatar for a couple of days. Yesterday was stressful. Smile
stressful FOR SURE!!

Time to recharge and hope for a better go at-it next season I suppose.

I hope he does some serious shopping in the off-season!!

33Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:
504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
504H...cool new avatar...is that the 'new and improved' Spartacat?

Look at how unhappy that kitty is though. He looks like he's frowning.

So cute though...I think I just needed a cuddly avatar for a couple of days. Yesterday was stressful. Smile
stressful FOR SURE!!

Time to recharge and hope for a better go at-it next season I suppose.

I hope he does some serious shopping in the off-season!!

so now we as Ottawa fans are stuck waiting for July 1st to see anymore excitement, oh this bites.

34Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:so now we as Ottawa fans are stuck waiting for July 1st to see anymore excitement, oh this bites.

I refuse to get excited about anything from here until opening night. I would suggest highly that Murry entice Bouwmeester here at whatever the cost (if it means Spezza, so be it), but at the same time, I ask: why would Jay Bouwmeester want to sign in Ottawa? Because our future looks brighter than it did before with Wiercioch and Karlsson?

Or because we'll get a player at the draft? Unlikely. In fact, which team can make the necessary arrangements to accommodate a J-Bo contract? 99% of the teams are gonna be at or near the cap - and the cap is going down year after next - possibly as low at 50 million with no relief being proposed to teams who already have more than half of that committed to 4 players (we're not even close to being the only team of course).

35Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:so now we as Ottawa fans are stuck waiting for July 1st to see anymore excitement, oh this bites.

I refuse to get excited about anything from here until opening night. I would suggest highly that Murry entice Bouwmeester here at whatever the cost (if it means Spezza, so be it), but at the same time, I ask: why would Jay Bouwmeester want to sign in Ottawa? Because our future looks brighter than it did before with Wiercioch and Karlsson?

Or because we'll get a player at the draft? Unlikely. In fact, which team can make the necessary arrangements to accommodate a J-Bo contract? 99% of the teams are gonna be at or near the cap - and the cap is going down year after next - possibly as low at 50 million with no relief being proposed to teams who already have more than half of that committed to 4 players (we're not even close to being the only team of course).

I definitely agree with all your points, so understand why you won't be excited until pre-season next year, should be an interesting camp, means one hell of a long off season, guess all those house repairs will get done this year lol.

36Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:09 pm

504Heater wrote:

I am getting more sure that Jay Bouw is the cure for what ails us. Big fast puck mover who is rarely injured. He is buddies with Spezza as I understand it so that may be the card that we have to play. I am not sure we could keep all of the $$$ forwards we have though. Would I say goodbye to Fisher for Jay Bouw, yes. Spezza, yes (although we couldn't play up the friend angle). Heatley, yes. Alfie, no. Kuba and Smith, yes. (although I love Smith)

Point is it could be done and we are likely in the position of need where we have to overpay.... just get it over with.

37Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Move out Smith, Waive Schubie if you have to and go from there.

- Unknown Author

38Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Move out Smith, Waive Schubie if you have to and go from there.

am personally surprised Schubie hasn't been waived by now, send him to Bingo.

39Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:40 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Short term goal: get excited for mid-June, when we draft one of MPS, Cowen, Kane, or Schenn -- .worst-case scenario. We're not dropping out of the bottom 7, and in fact there's a chance we could fall into the top 3.

40Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Is there an online feed anywhere? ATDHE.Net doesnt have hockey anymore.

41Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

I gotta root for the Oilers tonight! Edmonton needs points, and Ottawa needs to avoid points like a herpes infested bar skank.

At least one of my teams needs to make the playoffs Ahhhhh!

42Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Blazer wrote:Is there an online feed anywhere? ATDHE.Net doesnt have hockey anymore.

http://livetv.ru/en/

But they don't have as many NHL games as ATDHE did, and they have yet to show a Sens game since I found out about it.

43Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I've found some NHL games on justintv as well, although the coverage is pretty limited and the quality isn't always great.

44Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

smiths 1000th game tonight

45Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:39 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:smiths 1000th game tonight

?

Wasn't that a while ago?

46Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

spezza scores 12 seconds in the game

47Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:smiths 1000th game tonight

?

Wasn't that a while ago?

i guess maybe just honouring him tonight then??

edit just honouring this is his 1007th game tonight

48Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day: Oilers at Senators, Mar. 5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:23 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Short term goal: get excited for mid-June, when we draft one of MPS, Cowen, Kane, or Schenn -- .worst-case scenario. We're not dropping out of the bottom 7, and in fact there's a chance we could fall into the top 3.

Ah, music to my ears :afro:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum