GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn?

+15
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
NEELY
spader
Ev
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
SensFan71
wprager
Urkie
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Cronie
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like the Wiz.

47Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I like the Wiz.

He's the definition of average.

48Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:35 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I like the Wiz.

He's the definition of average.

Alright, but I thought the original discussion was about Vermette so it's a wash really, as he's average as well.

49Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Skille for Vermette, lol, how bad would that have been.

I still like the Vermette deal that was actually made.

50Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Skille for Vermette, lol, how bad would that have been.

Because of Lehner.

51Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

Because of Lehner.

Because it was the right move and there are 2 or 3 Vermette's on eveyr team.

52Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Because of Lehner.

Because it was the right move and there are 2 or 3 Vermette's on eveyr team.

Yeah, I have to agree -- it didn't work out quite like expected, but it was the right move at the time, just like the Stillman/Commodore and Filatov deals and the Gonchar signing.

In each case, BM was trying to fix a significant hole in the Sens' lineup, for that team at that time. These were right moves, but they just didn't work out like we hoped.

There's a big difference between making the right move only to see it not pan out as you hoped it would, and making the wrong move altogether. TOR trading for Kessel (wrong price, wrong time for that team), CGY continuing to try to tinker with a roster that needed to be torn down two or three years ago, an OTT team desperate for size, toughness, and leadership letting Chara walk... Those are bad decisions, decisions made for the wrong reasons, decisions made that don't acknowledge the reality of the team's situation.

Making the right move but having it not pan out sucks, that's it's part of the game -- kinda like playing poker. You can make all the right, odds-on-favourite moves, and still lose in any given hand. Luck is still a huge factor, and it's often the difference between looking stupid or brilliant. Who could have guessed, for instance, that Smith would be so could in PHX? That guy looked like another Leclaire...

53Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Haha, wow oh man, is this amusing to look back on. Sens Chirp pulling this rumour out is embarrassing. Imagine if the Sens and Stars actually completed a trade straight up for either of Neal or Benn? LOL.

Amazing how much we overrated Vermette, or underrated Benn and Neal only 3 years ago.

54Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:25 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Amazing how correct I was.

55Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I was so wrong about Skille, loved him when he was drafted.

56Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:Amazing how correct I was.

Impressive yes. But you do make many observations. I'm sure a few have been incorrect.

57Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oh yah, tons. My opinion on Rundblad pre NHL debut was about as wrong as u can get.

58Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Why? Think he was going to be lights out?

My concern and expectations of Silverberg are low because of the runblad factor. Not saying he's going to be bad. Just saying I'm not expecting much. I'm actually more looking forward to stone and Noesen and actually Prince.

59Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:40 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

This has got me thinking.

You should start a post NEELY Prospects and provide us your thoughts on who you think are the Sens top 10 prospects and your long term expectations. Mainly so I can point it out if you get anything wrong. But seriously. I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are

60Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DirtDiddler wrote:This has got me thinking.

You should start a post NEELY Prospects and provide us your thoughts on who you think are the Sens top 10 prospects and your long term expectations. Mainly so I can point it out if you get anything wrong. But seriously. I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are

Already said I think the best prospect in the system (not in goal, Lehner IMO is #1) is Noesen. Think he will be the most effective and complete NHLer of the group.

61Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DirtDiddler wrote:Why? Think he was going to be lights out?

My concern and expectations of Silverberg are low because of the runblad factor. Not saying he's going to be bad. Just saying I'm not expecting much. I'm actually more looking forward to stone and Noesen and actually Prince.

Didn't think he played the game that softly and was just an extension of playing in the SEL and not having to be that soft and play without that sense of urgency.

I don't think there is a more overrated prospect in the NHL right now than Rundblad and Ottawa sold as high as possible on him to get Turris. Hate the way he plays the game, actually hate it.

62Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

So lehner is your top? Who are your top 5?

63Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

You thinking Bishop is out the door then? The Sens just got him to help package for a bigger fish. Especially if the team wants Lehner. That makes a lot of sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum