GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st

+7
SensFan71
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:20 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson moves if you are sending us someone extremely special in return. Or a top 2 pick this year. End of story.

32Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:59 pm

ok, thats maybe a little much, but we have no other prospect of equal or greater value to Leino - unless you count Foligno...

33Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:ok, thats maybe a little much, but we have no other prospect of equal or greater value to Leino - unless you count Foligno...

Foligno better be untouchable if you are BM.

34Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:36 pm

There are no untouchables...Its all about the return. If I get Markstrom and a 1st from Florida for Foligno, he's on a plane tonight.

35Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:There are no untouchables...Its all about the return. If I get Markstrom and a 1st from Florida for Foligno, he's on a plane tonight.

I am with you, especially since you included the first, we need a goalie like Markstrom.

36Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I realize your joking, cause you'd have to be to think Foligno is worth a first and Markstrom.

While we're at it... Chris Kelly to Atlanta for a first round pick. Vermette to NYI for Bailey, 1st in 09 and 10. Winchester to Tampa for a first in 09.

37Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I realize your joking, cause you'd have to be to think Foligno is worth a first and Markstrom.

While we're at it... Chris Kelly to Atlanta for a first round pick. Vermette to NYI for Bailey, 1st in 09 and 10. Winchester to Tampa for a first in 09.

don't ruin my dream, but yeah, seriously, foligno wouldn't be worth that, not with horton and booth on their roster.

38Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Take those two off the roster... they still don't trade a first for him. I like Foligno, but he's not worth a first round pick (ironic considering he was a first round pick).

39Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:51 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Take those two off the roster... they still don't trade a first for him. I like Foligno, but he's not worth a first round pick (ironic considering he was a first round pick).

you may be right, Foligno might only be a fit here. Personally, I like every thing he brings to the table, the plus/minus is a huge concern, but he still has lots of time to improve.

40Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Kuba to Boston or NJ for a 1st Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He needs time and he needs to find his role on the team, hard to do when you're juggled line to line, sent up and down between rosters, and have had multiple coaching changes in your two pro years than you'd care to. Good news is, he knows Clouston very well. But the key thing is time. Time to develop and improve.

Florida's unlikely to sell. Even trading Bouwmeester is a very big, tough decision. They are contending for a playoff spot and they are in a tough spot with a UFA that has no intention of resigning but is a major piece in their success. I could see them moving Weiss, who is making quite a bit while contributing little. He's like their Vermette. High hopes and little production, though Vermette is cheaper and younger. Horton is as close to a franchise player as you can get. He is a total package. Florida knows this and that is why he is not going anywhere, at least not cheaply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum