GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuba + Neil packaged together?

+10
beerandsens
andyman998
wprager
davetherave
Urkie
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
PKC
Cronie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heard that there is a possibility the Sharks come out swinging to snag both Neil and Kuba later today; however, with no 1st in their arsenal, Murray may look elsewhere.

As they say, let the bidding wars begin.

2Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:32 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Heard that there is a possibility the Sharks come out swinging to snag both Neil and Kuba later today; however, with no 1st in their arsenal, Murray may look elsewhere.

I'd take Cheechoo, a prospect, and their highest available pick.

3Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Setoguchi, Clowe.... lol

4Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a pretty high price for Neil and Kuba don't you think PKC?

I would love to bring in Cheechoo though.

- Unknown Author

5Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where's Heater?! He'd be ALL over the Cheechoo thing.

And I have to agree. That would be a fun swap.

6Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 am

Anybody else heard of Cheechoo's love for booze ? If it is just bull, then I would love to get him, especially at 3M for a few more years.

7Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:42 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's a pretty high price for Neil and Kuba don't you think PKC?

I would love to bring in Cheechoo though.

Not really, no. They aren't gonna get these guys for free, that's for sure. And if they wanna beat the Wings this year, they are gonna need all hands on deck. Cheechoo isn't in their top 6 anymore, and getting two UFA guys with Cup experience is pivotal to them, if you ask me.

8Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Heard that there is a possibility the Sharks come out swinging to snag both Neil and Kuba later today; however, with no 1st in their arsenal, Murray may look elsewhere.

Cheechoo please. That's all, no picks needed. :D

9Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Where's Heater?! He'd be ALL over the Cheechoo thing.

And I have to agree. That would be a fun swap.

Haha. I didn't even read the responses before I posted.

Good call guys. That's exactly who I want.

10Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sutter (Calgary) is going to talk to Murray today about acquiring both.

Don't know what the cost would be, but that's what I just heard.

11Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:52 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Bruce brought up the name Logan Couture in his blog.

http://www.blog.canoe.ca/offtheposts

12Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Where did that rumour come from?

The Sharks already have three guys with Cup rings on D (Boyle, Blake, Lukowich), and a designated tough guy in Shelley--not to mention Lemieux who has both a Cup ring and a nasty on-ice disposition.

Why would they want Kuba and Neil?

Garrioch is suggesting the Sharks would take Schubert, who can't crack the lineup in Ottawa?

And why would the Senators want an underachieving Cheechoo, who is signed for two more years at 3.5MM per?

scratch

13Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'd want Cheechoo because he can turn it around. Look what happened to Marleau.

- Unknown Author

14Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Schubert can't crack the line up but he could crack some heads.

Lemieux is world-famous for his Rafael imitation (one of the teenage ninja turtles) so I wouldn't exactly call him nasty...unless you were going the personal hygiene angle?

15Kuba + Neil packaged together? Empty Re: Kuba + Neil packaged together? Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:We'd want Cheechoo because he can turn it around. Look what happened to Marleau.

I, personally, don't want him, I prefer home-grown, but I wonder if he could score another 50 with Spezza feeding him the puck? Just think what we could then get for Heatley.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum